Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 208post #3106 of 74833/1/13 at 9:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3107 of 74833/1/13 at 9:52amQuote:
Are you talking about the color of the sole? The bottom one being a little darker?
The bottom sole looks to be butyl to me, which is a thin rubber coating over the leather sole. It provides a little bit of grip. Those came standard on my 744 boots. Not sure if the regular 1000 mile boots come with butyl sole or not, and/or if Wolverine is moving to that sole altogether, or whether there is an option.
But yes, both legit soles.post #3108 of 74833/1/13 at 11:58ampost #3109 of 74833/1/13 at 10:05pmpost #3110 of 74833/2/13 at 1:42pmpost #3111 of 74833/2/13 at 2:44pmpost #3112 of 74833/2/13 at 3:20pmpost #3113 of 74833/2/13 at 4:35pmpost #3114 of 74833/2/13 at 4:59pmQuote:I love them! Especially the brown ones!Originally Posted by johnnyhandsome
Wingtip has new spring models:
And for this week, if you have apply promo code TRYINGSOMETHINGNEW, you get 25% off anything in their store.
Will Cranes stock them ?post #3115 of 74833/2/13 at 5:06pmpost #3116 of 74833/2/13 at 7:20pmpost #3117 of 74833/3/13 at 5:47am
I don't know if barrie is narrower, but wolverine's only wide size is the EEE, which would be way too wide for me. I tried them on in person and the 9.5D fit the best, so that's what I bought.
Also, I tried a 9.5D barrie wingtip recently. It fit my feet pretty well overall, but it was tighter than I like right across the top where the tongue and eyelets start. I could probably wear 9.5D barrie shoes in CXL or suede, but didn't think the shell would give as much.post #3118 of 74833/3/13 at 7:35ampost #3119 of 74833/3/13 at 9:31ampost #3120 of 74833/3/13 at 10:07am
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Cleanout! Drake's, Panta, Bigi et al. Ties (and some squares) 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...