I did not condition. I did notice that when I laced them up they got leather "dust" all over the boots. Not sure if that was a sign or cheap or dry laces
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 178
Styleforum Top Picks
Those that have switched to leather laces, what brand do you use and/or where did you get them? I picked up a pair of leather laces from a local sporting goods store that actually matched pretty well in color to my rust boots. One lace broke as soon as I laced them up (luckily it was only about 12" on the end, which is just about what I was planning to cut off anyways) and the other lace broke within a week. Were these crappy laces or is this just a risk of buying leather laces?
I get mine from the grocery store and haven't had any issues. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
What do you mean by light lug pattern?
I searched and found these.
I definately remember passing through all the photos months back.
Definately trying to go with the commando half sole.
Rust in 7D is on the way to me~
I really love the looks of the 1000miles original or - even better - the cordovan 744 LTD version. The problem is, that it is by no means easy to find the correct size. I have scanned the thread, but haven't found what I'm looking for.
Calling from Germany, I haven't got a chance of trying these particular boots on, so I really depend on your advice: Normally, I'm quite happy with UK11 ot EUR 46, which would suggest a US 12 to 12,5 for the Wolverines. Reading through this thread however, I'm not sure if this isn't too big...
My foot is about 30 cm / 11.8 inches toe to heel
UK size (usually) 11
EUR size (usually) 46
What size could you suggest for the Wolverine 1000 miles?
Thank you ever so much!
Better call the store and reserve them!
No, that wouldn't work with me either.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 1 minute ago
- › RAW denim crotch wear out 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 11 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 25 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...