I did not condition. I did notice that when I laced them up they got leather "dust" all over the boots. Not sure if that was a sign or cheap or dry laces
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/19/16 at 11:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 178post #2657 of 77201/11/13 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by kpag
Those that have switched to leather laces, what brand do you use and/or where did you get them? I picked up a pair of leather laces from a local sporting goods store that actually matched pretty well in color to my rust boots. One lace broke as soon as I laced them up (luckily it was only about 12" on the end, which is just about what I was planning to cut off anyways) and the other lace broke within a week. Were these crappy laces or is this just a risk of buying leather laces?
I get mine from the grocery store and haven't had any issues. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.post #2658 of 77201/11/13 at 11:50ampost #2659 of 77201/11/13 at 2:31pmpost #2660 of 77201/11/13 at 3:41pmpost #2661 of 77201/11/13 at 3:47pmpost #2662 of 77201/11/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
What do you mean by light lug pattern?
I searched and found these.
I definately remember passing through all the photos months back.
Definately trying to go with the commando half sole.post #2663 of 77201/11/13 at 4:38pmpost #2664 of 77201/11/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
Rust in 7D is on the way to me~post #2665 of 77201/11/13 at 5:11pmpost #2666 of 77201/11/13 at 10:51pmpost #2667 of 77201/12/13 at 1:41am
I really love the looks of the 1000miles original or - even better - the cordovan 744 LTD version. The problem is, that it is by no means easy to find the correct size. I have scanned the thread, but haven't found what I'm looking for.
Calling from Germany, I haven't got a chance of trying these particular boots on, so I really depend on your advice: Normally, I'm quite happy with UK11 ot EUR 46, which would suggest a US 12 to 12,5 for the Wolverines. Reading through this thread however, I'm not sure if this isn't too big...
My foot is about 30 cm / 11.8 inches toe to heel
UK size (usually) 11
EUR size (usually) 46
What size could you suggest for the Wolverine 1000 miles?
Thank you ever so much!
Stephanpost #2668 of 77201/12/13 at 5:54ampost #2669 of 77201/12/13 at 6:19ampost #2670 of 77201/12/13 at 6:46amQuote:
Better call the store and reserve them!Quote:
No, that wouldn't work with me either.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green GALWAY (10.5UK) 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...