or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 165

post #2461 of 6493
I saw black and rust 1Ks at B2 Shoes in the Eaton Centre for $300, if anyone were interested.
post #2462 of 6493
Somewhere around here I have a pic of cordovan 8, rust and brown boots side by side.
post #2463 of 6493
Approved.
Feet are not wet.
post #2464 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

I saw black and rust 1Ks at B2 Shoes in the Eaton Centre for $300, if anyone were interested.

thanks for the info. went there today and only had black and not in my size. anyone else know where i might find a store in toronto that sells them? i really want a pair and have been looking around alot with very few leads. thanks guys.
post #2465 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by glum View Post


thanks for the info. went there today and only had black and not in my size. anyone else know where i might find a store in toronto that sells them? i really want a pair and have been looking around alot with very few leads. thanks guys.


I was told the larger Club Monaco stores may carry them. Quite expensive though. I think the best is try them on and then buy them online.

post #2466 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc2162 View Post


I was told the larger Club Monaco stores may carry them. Quite expensive though. I think the best is try them on and then buy them online.

CM at the newly renovated Yorkdale Mall store and their flagship store at Avenue/Bloor have them.

Best is wait till CM have 30% off including 3rd party and purchase them online.
post #2467 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyfuld View Post

lol... thought you meant cycling...


I did too. I has this image of a spandex & 1K boot clad Mario battling the elements biggrin.gif.

haha would be an epic combo

post #2468 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc2162 View Post


I was told the larger Club Monaco stores may carry them. Quite expensive though. I think the best is try them on and then buy them online.

I just took a look at CM.. $415 CAD for the boots?? Holy cow..  what the hell

post #2469 of 6493

I recently got myself a pair of 1k addison and i wanted to get a half sole since it would be useful for the Canadian winter.  I brought to a cobbler at nearby mall and he said that they can't glue on the half sole because there is a layer of oil on the bottom of the boot that prevent salt getting into? (first time hearing that so i wasnt sure if he was telling me the truth or not)  He told me to wear it till it's wore out and come back to get a rubber sole which i dont want.  So my question for you guys is that how did you guys get your half sole onto the 1k boot? glue on or stitch on?

post #2470 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by glum View Post

thanks for the info. went there today and only had black and not in my size. anyone else know where i might find a store in toronto that sells them? i really want a pair and have been looking around alot with very few leads. thanks guys.

I'm sorry about that; I actually saw it there a few days ago and only just remembered to post about it. Due West/Next Door also have them, but it looks like it's around $400 there too, which is gonna be nearer to $450 with taxes.

As a note, in the Allen Edmonds thread lots of people have been going crazy over the Wolverine Krause, because they're getting seconds for some really good prices. Of course, your mileage may vary as there might be noticeable defects, but it's an option if you want to get a Wolverine boots for a lower price.
post #2471 of 6493
Ahh, finally.

Crane's got me my size 10 in rust last Saturday, but sadly sizing down a full size was the wrong choice. Crane's was great about the exchange and my 10.5's arrived yesterday.

Took them to the cobbler last night (Broadway Shoe Repair in Seattle) and got them back this morning. Unbelievably quick. Vibram half-sole for $30 + tax.

Followed Crane's method but used an open oven to soak in the conditioner and wax. Monitoring and turning the boots was fine. I used one very liberal coat of Lexol conditioner and two coats of Obenauf's LP. Then brushed them for a while. Color definitely darkened from rust to an untreated brown (what I was going for) Going out for my birthday now with them on my feet!

Natural light/inside pre treatment.


After treatment under the kitchen light.


Terrible picture of the half-sole. Wished it was a touch longer but that's okay!
post #2472 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

I'm sorry about that; I actually saw it there a few days ago and only just remembered to post about it. Due West/Next Door also have them, but it looks like it's around $400 there too, which is gonna be nearer to $450 with taxes.
As a note, in the Allen Edmonds thread lots of people have been going crazy over the Wolverine Krause, because they're getting seconds for some really good prices. Of course, your mileage may vary as there might be noticeable defects, but it's an option if you want to get a Wolverine boots for a lower price.

I'm pretty sure getting them from us is cheaper than that. What's the duty/fees on made in USA products if any?
post #2473 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesbeyond View Post

Ahh, finally.
Crane's got me my size 10 in rust last Saturday, but sadly sizing down a full size was the wrong choice. Crane's was great about the exchange and my 10.5's arrived yesterday.
Took them to the cobbler last night (Broadway Shoe Repair in Seattle) and got them back this morning. Unbelievably quick. Vibram half-sole for $30 + tax.
Followed Crane's method but used an open oven to soak in the conditioner and wax. Monitoring and turning the boots was fine. I used one very liberal coat of Lexol conditioner and two coats of Obenauf's LP. Then brushed them for a while. Color definitely darkened from rust to an untreated brown (what I was going for) Going out for my birthday now with them on my feet!
Natural light/inside pre treatment.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


After treatment under the kitchen light.

Terrible picture of the half-sole. Wished it was a touch longer but that's okay!

 

Whoa 1 day turnaround?? Johnnys in ballard takes 2 weeks! Sounds like I need to find a new cobbler, my brown originals need topies.

post #2474 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmj View Post

Whoa 1 day turnaround?? Johnnys in ballard takes 2 weeks! Sounds like I need to find a new cobbler, my brown originals need topies.

that's a problem. half soles should not take 2 weeks to be put on...

post #2475 of 6493
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmj View Post

Whoa 1 day turnaround?? Johnnys in ballard takes 2 weeks! Sounds like I need to find a new cobbler, my brown originals need topies.

My cobbler usually takes 3 to 5 days for work. I take them being busy as nothing but a good sign nod[1].gif

It also sounds like a valid reason to have more than 1 pair of boots wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review