picked up a pair of wolverine 1000 in brown. can i wear them right out the box or is it recommended to use products on it first? i dont plan on being in very rough weather, maybe occasional rain in the winter, but thats about it. thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 160
Styleforum Top Picks
None, CXL doesn't like wax all that much. Scuffs come out by rubbing them with your finger and a little boot oil. If I had to touch a spot up with color I would use a small amount of creme wax. In the 3 plus years of beating up my brown 1Ks all I've done was clean them, oil them and snoseal them once in a while. I posted plenty of pics showing before and after results.
These are not dress shoes and are not cared for in the same way. With that said Mario has gotten his boots to really shine up well. If I remember right his method involves a boatload of water brushing and not much else.
Reason I asked is because the Wolverine video shows them using shoe cream and shoe polish for scuffs so I thought that was a proper treatment for scrapes/scuffs. I already have Filson boot oil (at your recommendation) and have used it on a pair of cowboy boots I beat to hell hunting last weekend and I like the results so far. Thanks for all the info.
Wolverine 1000 Mile Messenger Bag and Boot Care Kit by DYSong Photography, on Flickr
Any questions on why Wolverine recommends MPB?
Crappy cell-phone pic; wet spots on floor are from the rain run-off:
American boots for my American motorcycle. Also have my American-made Elkskin gloves from Fox Creek Leather. Just need to keep saving for a Langlitz jacket... I generally go for my 1K's for riding, sometimes the LTD 721's.
Thanks for the advice the past day. I went over the Dublin Kraue's with the leather conditioner I had on hand:
It didn't really give it the rich bold color of the other "rust" 1000 mile boots I've seen here that I'm striving for:
Should I move onto Obernauf's LP next? Mink Oil?
I don't know if it's come up, but I went to try on a pair of the 1Ks, and they ran huge. I'm normally a size 12, and it felt like I was wearing a 14 when I tried them on. I ended up having to try a 10.5 in order to get a pair that fit normally. Just figured I'd let people know in case they were ordering on line. I would definitely recommend trying before you buy.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 29 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Some thoughts on these shoes please men. 2 minutes ago
- › Dressing well on a budget 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Howdens K.i.t.c.h.e.n.s For Sale Hillington 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...