picked up a pair of wolverine 1000 in brown. can i wear them right out the box or is it recommended to use products on it first? i dont plan on being in very rough weather, maybe occasional rain in the winter, but thats about it. thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 6:00am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: Yesterday
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 160
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2387 of 748312/11/12 at 12:11pmpost #2388 of 748312/11/12 at 12:14pmpost #2389 of 748312/11/12 at 12:31pmpost #2390 of 748312/11/12 at 12:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crane's
None, CXL doesn't like wax all that much. Scuffs come out by rubbing them with your finger and a little boot oil. If I had to touch a spot up with color I would use a small amount of creme wax. In the 3 plus years of beating up my brown 1Ks all I've done was clean them, oil them and snoseal them once in a while. I posted plenty of pics showing before and after results.
These are not dress shoes and are not cared for in the same way. With that said Mario has gotten his boots to really shine up well. If I remember right his method involves a boatload of water brushing and not much else.
Reason I asked is because the Wolverine video shows them using shoe cream and shoe polish for scuffs so I thought that was a proper treatment for scrapes/scuffs. I already have Filson boot oil (at your recommendation) and have used it on a pair of cowboy boots I beat to hell hunting last weekend and I like the results so far. Thanks for all the info.post #2391 of 748312/11/12 at 1:04pmpost #2392 of 748312/11/12 at 1:52pmWell the video is a bit dated. The brand new expensive banker's bag care kit contains what I believe to be MPB's oil and proofer in relabeled containers. Read the labels on the products in the care kit and MPB's label.
Wolverine 1000 Mile Messenger Bag and Boot Care Kit by DYSong Photography, on Flickr
Any questions on why Wolverine recommends MPB?post #2393 of 748312/11/12 at 2:20pm
Crappy cell-phone pic; wet spots on floor are from the rain run-off:
American boots for my American motorcycle. Also have my American-made Elkskin gloves from Fox Creek Leather. Just need to keep saving for a Langlitz jacket... I generally go for my 1K's for riding, sometimes the LTD 721's.post #2394 of 748312/11/12 at 2:39pmpost #2395 of 748312/11/12 at 2:40pmpost #2396 of 748312/11/12 at 2:42pmpost #2397 of 748312/11/12 at 3:56pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks for the advice the past day. I went over the Dublin Kraue's with the leather conditioner I had on hand:
It didn't really give it the rich bold color of the other "rust" 1000 mile boots I've seen here that I'm striving for:
Should I move onto Obernauf's LP next? Mink Oil?post #2398 of 748312/11/12 at 4:03pmpost #2399 of 748312/11/12 at 4:13pmpost #2400 of 748312/11/12 at 10:06pm
I don't know if it's come up, but I went to try on a pair of the 1Ks, and they ran huge. I'm normally a size 12, and it felt like I was wearing a 14 when I tried them on. I ended up having to try a 10.5 in order to get a pair that fit normally. Just figured I'd let people know in case they were ordering on line. I would definitely recommend trying before you buy.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Need Help. New member. Long time reader :-) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...