picked up a pair of wolverine 1000 in brown. can i wear them right out the box or is it recommended to use products on it first? i dont plan on being in very rough weather, maybe occasional rain in the winter, but thats about it. thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 160
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2387 of 733012/11/12 at 12:11pmpost #2388 of 733012/11/12 at 12:14pmpost #2389 of 733012/11/12 at 12:31pmpost #2390 of 733012/11/12 at 12:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crane's
None, CXL doesn't like wax all that much. Scuffs come out by rubbing them with your finger and a little boot oil. If I had to touch a spot up with color I would use a small amount of creme wax. In the 3 plus years of beating up my brown 1Ks all I've done was clean them, oil them and snoseal them once in a while. I posted plenty of pics showing before and after results.
These are not dress shoes and are not cared for in the same way. With that said Mario has gotten his boots to really shine up well. If I remember right his method involves a boatload of water brushing and not much else.
Reason I asked is because the Wolverine video shows them using shoe cream and shoe polish for scuffs so I thought that was a proper treatment for scrapes/scuffs. I already have Filson boot oil (at your recommendation) and have used it on a pair of cowboy boots I beat to hell hunting last weekend and I like the results so far. Thanks for all the info.post #2391 of 733012/11/12 at 1:04pmpost #2392 of 733012/11/12 at 1:52pmWell the video is a bit dated. The brand new expensive banker's bag care kit contains what I believe to be MPB's oil and proofer in relabeled containers. Read the labels on the products in the care kit and MPB's label.
Wolverine 1000 Mile Messenger Bag and Boot Care Kit by DYSong Photography, on Flickr
Any questions on why Wolverine recommends MPB?post #2393 of 733012/11/12 at 2:20pm
Crappy cell-phone pic; wet spots on floor are from the rain run-off:
American boots for my American motorcycle. Also have my American-made Elkskin gloves from Fox Creek Leather. Just need to keep saving for a Langlitz jacket... I generally go for my 1K's for riding, sometimes the LTD 721's.post #2394 of 733012/11/12 at 2:39pmpost #2395 of 733012/11/12 at 2:40pmpost #2396 of 733012/11/12 at 2:42pmpost #2397 of 733012/11/12 at 3:56pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks for the advice the past day. I went over the Dublin Kraue's with the leather conditioner I had on hand:
It didn't really give it the rich bold color of the other "rust" 1000 mile boots I've seen here that I'm striving for:
Should I move onto Obernauf's LP next? Mink Oil?post #2398 of 733012/11/12 at 4:03pmpost #2399 of 733012/11/12 at 4:13pmpost #2400 of 733012/11/12 at 10:06pm
I don't know if it's come up, but I went to try on a pair of the 1Ks, and they ran huge. I'm normally a size 12, and it felt like I was wearing a 14 when I tried them on. I ended up having to try a 10.5 in order to get a pair that fit normally. Just figured I'd let people know in case they were ordering on line. I would definitely recommend trying before you buy.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Viberg Boots 29 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Burgers....Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Burgers 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...