or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 156

post #2326 of 6932
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

between snoseal and LP, is one better than the other for weather proofing purposes? i already did LP my pair but just wondering if its worth it to pick up some snoseal if thats better

No. Use one or the other and that's it.
post #2327 of 6932

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post

Post #186 in this thread.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post

See also: post #2233 in this thread.

THANK YOU :)

post #2328 of 6932

Just called Crane's and ordered a pair in Rust! I was torn between Brown or Rust. I've only seen Brown in person and it looked great, but I was afraid of it darkening even the slightest bit more with some conditioner which I didn't want. I also love the hint of contrast between the laces and the rust color.

 

Seems like a lot of people have different methods of waterproofing and conditioning. Straight out of the box, do you guys think it's necessary for a boot oil before LP? Or will I be fine with a couple of heated up coats of LP?

 

And finally, got quoted at the shoe cobbler at $30 for a rubber half-sole. He actually suggested I wear them for a week or so before bringing them in since the leather is a bit oily.

 

Can't wait! Thanks everyone.

post #2329 of 6932
Oil first. LP or snoseal second. The oil's job is to condition, snoseal and LP are the waterproofers. Don't treat the soles at all since you're getting them half soled. One page back someone linked to my snoseal tutorial and the reason for treating before first wear.
post #2330 of 6932
I wear mine about 5 days out the week mostly for work behind a desk. How many times a month would be good for cleaning and oiling?
Edited by blkhwk4502 - 12/6/12 at 5:49pm
post #2331 of 6932

I had been looking for a good matching belt to my Rust 1ks. I think I found it and it didn't cost a lot which was nice. Anyway, pic below. The belt is Orion Leather 38mm . As far as the belt quality, the belt is nice and thick. It is definitely the nicest belt I own, but that isn't saying a lot since my previous belts were all department store bought. This post doesn't necessarily have much to do with the thread but in my search for a belt I did a search of this thread and thought I might not be the only one. Figured someone else might benefit from the pic/suggestion. It should be noted that the picture represents my boots after 2 sno-seal treatments and some wear. The belt is new and I sno-sealed it as well simply because it darkens the leather a small amount. The belt was originally lighter than the boots but after treatment I really like the match. Also no colored residue that will get on a shirt like polish would leave.

 700

post #2332 of 6932
does Wolverine provide replacement laces? i really only need one for my black pair.
i emailed them but i think i'll get an answer here more quickly.
post #2333 of 6932

man..between my allen edmonds daltons and these.... the wolverines are hands down my favourite pair of boots to wear. only treated with montana  pitch blend so far.  i think i want another pair!

 

 

post #2334 of 6932

I'm having trouble finding sno seal in toronto, can anyone comment if moneyworth best snow guard is the same?

 

http://moneysworth-best.com/products/leather-care/protectors/23343-snow-guard-boot-protector-–-tub/#.UMP1iLTR3zI

 

Thank you

post #2335 of 6932

Thank you all for such wonderful information and pictures! I don't know why, but it never occurred to me that forums like this place would exist. There's a wealth of information here and I am going to be reading for months!

 

I've made my way through this thread and so far I have only seen two people who picked up the 1000 Mile "Austen" model. Has anyone else tried these and have any more pictures to share? I am in the market for boots and I've narrowed it down to the Austen or the Original in Black, but I have e-mailed/called every 1000 Mile retailer within 30 miles of LA and no one carries the Austen. I tried on the Original's at Nordstrom last night and they are amazing, but I really want to see the others in person before I pull the trigger.

 

Failing that, anyone have a line on any deals for the Original right now? I know many of you have referenced the Crane's thing (your info is amazing, btw!) when he has some in stock, but I'm new so I'm unsure how all that works... shog[1].gif

post #2336 of 6932

You can try calling Crane's and see if they'll special order the style and size you're looking for. It might take a few weeks to come in but the price is tough to beat. This is what I did to order some original 1k miles in 14D.

post #2337 of 6932
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepenguin99 View Post

<snip> The belt is Orion Leather 38mm .

 

Appreciate this post. Their belts look great, especially for the price. Will have to pick some up soon. Thanks!

 

Originally Posted by vacuity View Post

I've made my way through this thread and so far I have only seen two people who picked up the 1000 Mile "Austen" model. Has anyone else tried these and have any more pictures to share?

 

I love the way the Austen looks, but never understood why it commands the premium over the classic 1K's.

post #2338 of 6932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post

You can try calling Crane's and see if they'll special order the style and size you're looking for. It might take a few weeks to come in but the price is tough to beat. This is what I did to order some original 1k miles in 14D.

 

The Austen is easily available online in the size/color I would like, but I was hoping to see them in person and try them on without having to buy and return if I don't like them. Mostly I would like to see a comparison of just how much taller/thicker the sole/toe is compared to the Original, and good pictures would make up for seeing them for myself, but there are too few real life images of them on the web that I have been able to find.

 

I appreciate the info, though!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

I love the way the Austen looks, but never understood why it commands the premium over the classic 1K's.

 

I figure it's probably the same reason any other high-top shoe commands a premium; a little extra for materials + style tax for people (like myself) who like the taller look.

post #2339 of 6932
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYZ-ACE View Post

I'm having trouble finding sno seal in toronto, can anyone comment if moneyworth best snow guard is the same?

 

http://moneysworth-best.com/products/leather-care/protectors/23343-snow-guard-boot-protector-–-tub/#.UMP1iLTR3zI

 

Thank you


I found a cobbler near Yonge and Bloor who is selling Snoseal. He is selling the tube ones at $15.99.

post #2340 of 6932
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuity View Post

 

The Austen is easily available online in the size/color I would like, but I was hoping to see them in person and try them on without having to buy and return if I don't like them. Mostly I would like to see a comparison of just how much taller/thicker the sole/toe is compared to the Original, and good pictures would make up for seeing them for myself, but there are too few real life images of them on the web that I have been able to find.

 

I appreciate the info, though!

 

 

I figure it's probably the same reason any other high-top shoe commands a premium; a little extra for materials + style tax for people (like myself) who like the taller look.

This for sale thread has several good comparison shots.  The thread is only a week or so old i think, so perhaps if you contact the seller he might be able to snap more pics for you.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/322464/wolverine-1000-mile-brown-or-rust-multiple-sizes-also-austen/0_50

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review