how much would you estimate it costs to get a raptor half sole put on?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 154
Styleforum Top Picks
These are the soles of my brand new Wolverine 1000 Miles after 1 application of lexol conditioner, sitting 1 day, another application of lexol conditioner, sitting a few days, an application of filson boot oil, sitting a few days, and then a careful but heavy application of Obenhauf Heavy Duty LP and a hair dryer on "warm" and moving constantly ... strictly following Crane's guide ... then only 2 days spent walking on moist pavement in NYC (carefully wiping the boots down once I got back to the apartment, plus cedar shoe trees).
Should the stiching look like this? It seems very damaged already and I'm worried they won't last even a month. As I'm walking on pavenment I can almost hear the shoe being carved apart. These pictures are from when its still fairly moist, but it doesn't look THAT much better now that they're dry again.
Right boot (my shoes always wear out on the right first because of my gait):
I understand it after people pay over $300 or so, but hate seeing people being so precious about their boots. What do you think thread is supposed to look like after being ground against pavement all day? This is perfectly normal, is not of any concern and Crane will say the same thing. In fact, I believe he said the same thing a week back or so in response to a similar post. I own 1000 miles and have my own qualms about their build quality, but the stitching on the bottom of the sole being worn away is normal for any footwear with a stitched welt.
I think we should start banning people who come in here asking these stupid questions. It's basically non stop, if you can't do a basic search, Google or Styleforum then you shouldn't be allowed to use this forum.
Not to mention this guy who beat his leather soles on NYC concrete and is wondering if they should look what? Beat? Yeah buddy you walked around the wet ass sidewalks for a few days. If I were you I'd get rid of them ASAP, those soles are going to fall right off mid stride.
I think it should be mandatory that anyone who buys these boots has to go for a 3 day hike with me. LOL! After that people wouldn't worry so much.
This shouldn't be an issue, the half soles are just glued on top of the leathers, if anything just replace the raptor half soles if they are worn out.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Oak Street Bootmakers Loafers 7.5D 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › M.A+ Suture Lace Derbies Sz 42 12 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...