how much would you estimate it costs to get a raptor half sole put on?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/2/15 at 3:47pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 154
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2297 of 735912/4/12 at 10:57pmQuote:That would make me nervous too. I'll wait for someone who actually has these to chime in.Originally Posted by bdud
These are the soles of my brand new Wolverine 1000 Miles after 1 application of lexol conditioner, sitting 1 day, another application of lexol conditioner, sitting a few days, an application of filson boot oil, sitting a few days, and then a careful but heavy application of Obenhauf Heavy Duty LP and a hair dryer on "warm" and moving constantly ... strictly following Crane's guide ... then only 2 days spent walking on moist pavement in NYC (carefully wiping the boots down once I got back to the apartment, plus cedar shoe trees).
Should the stiching look like this? It seems very damaged already and I'm worried they won't last even a month. As I'm walking on pavenment I can almost hear the shoe being carved apart. These pictures are from when its still fairly moist, but it doesn't look THAT much better now that they're dry again.
Right boot (my shoes always wear out on the right first because of my gait):
Crane's?post #2298 of 735912/5/12 at 12:47am
I understand it after people pay over $300 or so, but hate seeing people being so precious about their boots. What do you think thread is supposed to look like after being ground against pavement all day? This is perfectly normal, is not of any concern and Crane will say the same thing. In fact, I believe he said the same thing a week back or so in response to a similar post. I own 1000 miles and have my own qualms about their build quality, but the stitching on the bottom of the sole being worn away is normal for any footwear with a stitched welt.post #2299 of 735912/5/12 at 2:10ampost #2300 of 735912/5/12 at 5:46am
I think we should start banning people who come in here asking these stupid questions. It's basically non stop, if you can't do a basic search, Google or Styleforum then you shouldn't be allowed to use this forum.
Not to mention this guy who beat his leather soles on NYC concrete and is wondering if they should look what? Beat? Yeah buddy you walked around the wet ass sidewalks for a few days. If I were you I'd get rid of them ASAP, those soles are going to fall right off mid stride.post #2301 of 735912/5/12 at 6:18ampost #2302 of 735912/5/12 at 6:21amI'm not sure why you treated the soles like you did. One coat is enough. You spend all your time on the uppers not the sole. Oh and the stitching issue isn't an issue and never will be. Perfectly normal. Damp concrete is nothing compared to what I walk on. The scree around the lakes I hike is predominately White Burlington Chert. It's the same stuff native American people made arrowheads, spear points and knife blades out of. It's nasty stuff to say the least and after 3 years of walking around in it my soles are still attached to the boots.
I think it should be mandatory that anyone who buys these boots has to go for a 3 day hike with me. LOL! After that people wouldn't worry so much.post #2303 of 735912/5/12 at 6:49amQuote:
This shouldn't be an issue, the half soles are just glued on top of the leathers, if anything just replace the raptor half soles if they are worn out.post #2304 of 735912/5/12 at 6:56ampost #2305 of 735912/5/12 at 7:10ampost #2306 of 735912/5/12 at 8:53ampost #2307 of 735912/5/12 at 9:03ampost #2308 of 735912/5/12 at 9:08ampost #2309 of 735912/5/12 at 9:23am
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › GAY? 6 minutes ago
- › BNWT Naked & Famous Weird Guy Size 30 Green 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...