how much would you estimate it costs to get a raptor half sole put on?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 6:00am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 154
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2297 of 748312/4/12 at 10:57pmQuote:That would make me nervous too. I'll wait for someone who actually has these to chime in.Originally Posted by bdud
These are the soles of my brand new Wolverine 1000 Miles after 1 application of lexol conditioner, sitting 1 day, another application of lexol conditioner, sitting a few days, an application of filson boot oil, sitting a few days, and then a careful but heavy application of Obenhauf Heavy Duty LP and a hair dryer on "warm" and moving constantly ... strictly following Crane's guide ... then only 2 days spent walking on moist pavement in NYC (carefully wiping the boots down once I got back to the apartment, plus cedar shoe trees).
Should the stiching look like this? It seems very damaged already and I'm worried they won't last even a month. As I'm walking on pavenment I can almost hear the shoe being carved apart. These pictures are from when its still fairly moist, but it doesn't look THAT much better now that they're dry again.
Right boot (my shoes always wear out on the right first because of my gait):
Crane's?post #2298 of 748312/5/12 at 12:47am
I understand it after people pay over $300 or so, but hate seeing people being so precious about their boots. What do you think thread is supposed to look like after being ground against pavement all day? This is perfectly normal, is not of any concern and Crane will say the same thing. In fact, I believe he said the same thing a week back or so in response to a similar post. I own 1000 miles and have my own qualms about their build quality, but the stitching on the bottom of the sole being worn away is normal for any footwear with a stitched welt.post #2299 of 748312/5/12 at 2:10ampost #2300 of 748312/5/12 at 5:46am
I think we should start banning people who come in here asking these stupid questions. It's basically non stop, if you can't do a basic search, Google or Styleforum then you shouldn't be allowed to use this forum.
Not to mention this guy who beat his leather soles on NYC concrete and is wondering if they should look what? Beat? Yeah buddy you walked around the wet ass sidewalks for a few days. If I were you I'd get rid of them ASAP, those soles are going to fall right off mid stride.post #2301 of 748312/5/12 at 6:18ampost #2302 of 748312/5/12 at 6:21amI'm not sure why you treated the soles like you did. One coat is enough. You spend all your time on the uppers not the sole. Oh and the stitching issue isn't an issue and never will be. Perfectly normal. Damp concrete is nothing compared to what I walk on. The scree around the lakes I hike is predominately White Burlington Chert. It's the same stuff native American people made arrowheads, spear points and knife blades out of. It's nasty stuff to say the least and after 3 years of walking around in it my soles are still attached to the boots.
I think it should be mandatory that anyone who buys these boots has to go for a 3 day hike with me. LOL! After that people wouldn't worry so much.post #2303 of 748312/5/12 at 6:49amQuote:
This shouldn't be an issue, the half soles are just glued on top of the leathers, if anything just replace the raptor half soles if they are worn out.post #2304 of 748312/5/12 at 6:56ampost #2305 of 748312/5/12 at 7:10ampost #2306 of 748312/5/12 at 8:53ampost #2307 of 748312/5/12 at 9:03ampost #2308 of 748312/5/12 at 9:08ampost #2309 of 748312/5/12 at 9:23am
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 46 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb 2007 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.