Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 132post #1967 of 762811/1/12 at 10:50amSo I have a problem with my Wolverine 1000 boots - the left boot is smaller than my boot. Before anyone asks me if it's actually due to my feet being different sizes (they are), the left boot does measure about a 1/8 inch shorter in length. I believe that's about equal to what's associated with a half size difference.
I will be exchanging these boots, but since I don't have any Wolverine retail stores nearby, I can't try on different pairs to figure out my correct size. The boots I have now are a size 9.5. The little toes on my left foot do push into the outside of the boot when I take a step (in mid-weight socks, like those Costco wool blend ones). I'm not sure if my smaller left boot or my larger right boot is indicative of a true 9.5 size. If it turns out that's it's the smaller left boot, I'll size up.
Here's where I need help. If anyone has the 1K boots in a size 9.5 or 10, could you provide length measurements (rather than the footprint, measuring with the measuring tape flush with the sole will be easier for me)? This will help me out a lot, hopefully requiring me to go through one successful exchange instead of potentially two. Thanks.post #1968 of 762811/1/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by ohharro
Here's where I need help. If anyone has the 1K boots in a size 9.5 or 10, could you provide length measurements (rather than the footprint, measuring with the measuring tape flush with the sole will be easier for me)? This will help me out a lot, hopefully requiring me to go through one successful exchange instead of potentially two. Thanks.
I have a size 9.5 and will get the measurements for you when I get home tonight. I wore mine for the first time yesterday and it was a long day which included trick-or-treating with my kiddos, so it was a great way to test the boots. I have to say they are extremely comfortable and great looking boots. As so many have already mentioned, the leather is such great quality. Here's a pic I took real quickly yesterday:post #1969 of 762811/1/12 at 12:56pmpost #1970 of 762811/2/12 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by bellyhungry
Decided to join the club...
Next to my RW Beckman that has been worn 4-5 times and broken in. Color wise: RW is black cherry while the W1K is brown.
RW is 9.5 while the W1K is 9. My normal sizing is 10.
Since broken in, the RW is extremely comfortable, yet the W1K (yet to be worn for extended period) appears to be more comfortable right out of the box.
The leather of the W1K is thicker and more supple than the RW. The RW is more rugged and probably can deal with harsher condition.
Both beautiful boots.
Don't plan on wearing either in snowy weather; for that, I have my Sorel and Timberland.
Honestly, if Wolverine can use the same leather and make a LWB priced at the $300-$350 range, they can give Alden and AE a run for the money.
Those are not black cherry; they are 9016, cigar featherstone. There's no red or purple in the tones on my screen.
9016 is so nice; I need a pair.post #1971 of 762811/3/12 at 12:58am
I oiled these about a week ago... seems to have made the abrasions a bit more noticeable. Anyway, do I need to clean this with anything more than a damp rag and a brush before I snow seal them again for the winter? Also, will the dull spots sorta blend in over time, or do I need to do something to keep the leather from getting gnarred out in those spots?
Thanks!post #1972 of 762811/3/12 at 1:21pmpost #1973 of 762811/3/12 at 3:13pmpost #1974 of 762811/3/12 at 5:28pmQuote:
Better slightly too large than too small. You can always adjust with thicker socks and/or inner sole and/or heel cup.post #1975 of 762811/3/12 at 10:53pmpost #1976 of 762811/3/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-1000-mile-collection-Boots-in-Rust-W05299-/150939699707?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=450138572725&hash=item2324b509fbpost #1977 of 762811/4/12 at 2:40ampost #1978 of 762811/4/12 at 6:32amQuote:
I've said this about a thousand times. Pick up the phone and call 573-254-3311. We're actually open til 1 or so today because it's deer season.Quote:
Looks like the Rockford and it should be readily available already.post #1979 of 762811/4/12 at 9:12amQuote:
The captoe at the bottom row is the Rockford, but those on the top row are not. They look awesome!post #1980 of 762811/4/12 at 9:27am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 9 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 10 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding