Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 3:47 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 132
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1967 of 735711/1/12 at 10:50amSo I have a problem with my Wolverine 1000 boots - the left boot is smaller than my boot. Before anyone asks me if it's actually due to my feet being different sizes (they are), the left boot does measure about a 1/8 inch shorter in length. I believe that's about equal to what's associated with a half size difference.
I will be exchanging these boots, but since I don't have any Wolverine retail stores nearby, I can't try on different pairs to figure out my correct size. The boots I have now are a size 9.5. The little toes on my left foot do push into the outside of the boot when I take a step (in mid-weight socks, like those Costco wool blend ones). I'm not sure if my smaller left boot or my larger right boot is indicative of a true 9.5 size. If it turns out that's it's the smaller left boot, I'll size up.
Here's where I need help. If anyone has the 1K boots in a size 9.5 or 10, could you provide length measurements (rather than the footprint, measuring with the measuring tape flush with the sole will be easier for me)? This will help me out a lot, hopefully requiring me to go through one successful exchange instead of potentially two. Thanks.post #1968 of 735711/1/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by ohharro
Here's where I need help. If anyone has the 1K boots in a size 9.5 or 10, could you provide length measurements (rather than the footprint, measuring with the measuring tape flush with the sole will be easier for me)? This will help me out a lot, hopefully requiring me to go through one successful exchange instead of potentially two. Thanks.
I have a size 9.5 and will get the measurements for you when I get home tonight. I wore mine for the first time yesterday and it was a long day which included trick-or-treating with my kiddos, so it was a great way to test the boots. I have to say they are extremely comfortable and great looking boots. As so many have already mentioned, the leather is such great quality. Here's a pic I took real quickly yesterday:post #1969 of 735711/1/12 at 12:56pmpost #1970 of 735711/2/12 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by bellyhungry
Decided to join the club...
Next to my RW Beckman that has been worn 4-5 times and broken in. Color wise: RW is black cherry while the W1K is brown.
RW is 9.5 while the W1K is 9. My normal sizing is 10.
Since broken in, the RW is extremely comfortable, yet the W1K (yet to be worn for extended period) appears to be more comfortable right out of the box.
The leather of the W1K is thicker and more supple than the RW. The RW is more rugged and probably can deal with harsher condition.
Both beautiful boots.
Don't plan on wearing either in snowy weather; for that, I have my Sorel and Timberland.
Honestly, if Wolverine can use the same leather and make a LWB priced at the $300-$350 range, they can give Alden and AE a run for the money.
Those are not black cherry; they are 9016, cigar featherstone. There's no red or purple in the tones on my screen.
9016 is so nice; I need a pair.post #1971 of 735711/3/12 at 12:58am
I oiled these about a week ago... seems to have made the abrasions a bit more noticeable. Anyway, do I need to clean this with anything more than a damp rag and a brush before I snow seal them again for the winter? Also, will the dull spots sorta blend in over time, or do I need to do something to keep the leather from getting gnarred out in those spots?
Thanks!post #1972 of 735711/3/12 at 1:21pmpost #1973 of 735711/3/12 at 3:13pmpost #1974 of 735711/3/12 at 5:28pmQuote:
Better slightly too large than too small. You can always adjust with thicker socks and/or inner sole and/or heel cup.post #1975 of 735711/3/12 at 10:53pmpost #1976 of 735711/3/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-1000-mile-collection-Boots-in-Rust-W05299-/150939699707?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=450138572725&hash=item2324b509fbpost #1977 of 735711/4/12 at 2:40ampost #1978 of 735711/4/12 at 6:32amQuote:
I've said this about a thousand times. Pick up the phone and call 573-254-3311. We're actually open til 1 or so today because it's deer season.Quote:
Looks like the Rockford and it should be readily available already.post #1979 of 735711/4/12 at 9:12amQuote:
The captoe at the bottom row is the Rockford, but those on the top row are not. They look awesome!
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Lapel Roll & Button Point 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 17 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 minutes ago
- › JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE 30 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 31 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...