You guys should grab these while you can! Great deal and wonderful people to deal with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 6:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 131
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1952 of 748310/30/12 at 10:28amOil first then snoseal. Oil is what you'll use most of the time to condition them. The waterproofing is done on a need to do basis. In my case that can be quite often. Of course when it's warm out I've graduated to fully immersing them so snosealing them is kind of pointless. Now that it's cold out that'll change. Wet feet out hiking is one thing. Cold wet feet is another animal altogether and it's one I don't like.post #1953 of 748310/30/12 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by jarude
I have thicker socks in them today and if anything, they're more comfortable. I don't know how it'll feel when I have an insole in there, but I think that'll more be an issue with my feet pressing against the top of the toebox as opposed to the side. I've worn them for four full days and they've given enough to be quite comfortable now.
The leather will give enough to alleviate minor fit issues.post #1954 of 748310/30/12 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by EdwardB
1. Coat shoe (including where upper meets sole) with Obenauf's LP.
2. Blowdry/let stand until dry
On another note, been looking for a decent pair of beater boots that weren't the ubiquitous Red Wings, finally scooped these up for ~300 at TSM a few weeks ago. I was a little worried about the bulbous toe box, but they're less pronounced in real life. Very happy with the purchase and after seeing all of these pictures, definitely going to see what I can do about some Vibram Commando half soles in the near future.
Thank you.post #1955 of 748310/30/12 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crane's
The Crane method. Post 30...
Thank you sir.
I applied some Saphir Renovator on my boots when I first recieved them, would you recomend that I apply some Obernauf leather oil to them as well before applying Obernauf LP?post #1956 of 748310/30/12 at 2:51pmpost #1957 of 748310/30/12 at 2:55pmpost #1958 of 748310/30/12 at 3:36pmpost #1959 of 748310/30/12 at 4:31pmpost #1960 of 748310/30/12 at 7:46pm
I've been using Cadillacs boot and shoe care on the boots since I first bought them, it is a less aggressive way to condition and waterproof the upper leather of the boots instead of using Obenaufs on them. I only use Obenaufs on the soles and outer edge as it changes the color and shine of the boot dramatically but protects where I need it the most. We just got our first snowfall of the year where I live and the boots did great in a few inches of wet sloppy snow.post #1961 of 748310/31/12 at 5:26am
These look amazing. in fact, making me wish i would have gone brown over the rust. they look great.
did you order your sole and bring it to a cobbler, or is a cobbler well stocked with Vibram options and sizes?post #1962 of 748310/31/12 at 5:29ampost #1963 of 748310/31/12 at 5:36amQuote:
I moved out of NYC 1.5 years ago, so don't know if he's still there, but there's a great cobbler on West 10th Street, just west of 6th Ave. he's between a coffee shop and pet shop. great price, and he always did outstanding work with my Lucchesespost #1964 of 748310/31/12 at 8:41amQuote:
Hey thanks, and yeah my cobbler had these in stock as well as the raptor half sole and just a thin rubber sole with no pattern on it. They are doing great in the snow right now so I am very happy with the investment.post #1965 of 748310/31/12 at 3:07pm
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 7 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 8 minutes ago
- › Bow Ties 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...