You guys should grab these while you can! Great deal and wonderful people to deal with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 9/11/16 at 11:18am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 131post #1952 of 769910/30/12 at 10:28amOil first then snoseal. Oil is what you'll use most of the time to condition them. The waterproofing is done on a need to do basis. In my case that can be quite often. Of course when it's warm out I've graduated to fully immersing them so snosealing them is kind of pointless. Now that it's cold out that'll change. Wet feet out hiking is one thing. Cold wet feet is another animal altogether and it's one I don't like.post #1953 of 769910/30/12 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by jarude
I have thicker socks in them today and if anything, they're more comfortable. I don't know how it'll feel when I have an insole in there, but I think that'll more be an issue with my feet pressing against the top of the toebox as opposed to the side. I've worn them for four full days and they've given enough to be quite comfortable now.
The leather will give enough to alleviate minor fit issues.post #1954 of 769910/30/12 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by EdwardB
1. Coat shoe (including where upper meets sole) with Obenauf's LP.
2. Blowdry/let stand until dry
On another note, been looking for a decent pair of beater boots that weren't the ubiquitous Red Wings, finally scooped these up for ~300 at TSM a few weeks ago. I was a little worried about the bulbous toe box, but they're less pronounced in real life. Very happy with the purchase and after seeing all of these pictures, definitely going to see what I can do about some Vibram Commando half soles in the near future.
Thank you.post #1955 of 769910/30/12 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crane's
The Crane method. Post 30...
Thank you sir.
I applied some Saphir Renovator on my boots when I first recieved them, would you recomend that I apply some Obernauf leather oil to them as well before applying Obernauf LP?post #1956 of 769910/30/12 at 2:51pmpost #1957 of 769910/30/12 at 2:55pmpost #1958 of 769910/30/12 at 3:36pmpost #1959 of 769910/30/12 at 4:31pmpost #1960 of 769910/30/12 at 7:46pm
I've been using Cadillacs boot and shoe care on the boots since I first bought them, it is a less aggressive way to condition and waterproof the upper leather of the boots instead of using Obenaufs on them. I only use Obenaufs on the soles and outer edge as it changes the color and shine of the boot dramatically but protects where I need it the most. We just got our first snowfall of the year where I live and the boots did great in a few inches of wet sloppy snow.post #1961 of 769910/31/12 at 5:26am
These look amazing. in fact, making me wish i would have gone brown over the rust. they look great.
did you order your sole and bring it to a cobbler, or is a cobbler well stocked with Vibram options and sizes?post #1962 of 769910/31/12 at 5:29ampost #1963 of 769910/31/12 at 5:36amQuote:
I moved out of NYC 1.5 years ago, so don't know if he's still there, but there's a great cobbler on West 10th Street, just west of 6th Ave. he's between a coffee shop and pet shop. great price, and he always did outstanding work with my Lucchesespost #1964 of 769910/31/12 at 8:41amQuote:
Hey thanks, and yeah my cobbler had these in stock as well as the raptor half sole and just a thin rubber sole with no pattern on it. They are doing great in the snow right now so I am very happy with the investment.post #1965 of 769910/31/12 at 3:07pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 18 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 29 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 30 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 35 minutes ago
- › OLZAN | A new fashion brand | Exclusive clothing 36 minutes ago
- › Sanders Shoes 38 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...