You guys should grab these while you can! Great deal and wonderful people to deal with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/2/15 at 3:47pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 131
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1952 of 735910/30/12 at 10:28amOil first then snoseal. Oil is what you'll use most of the time to condition them. The waterproofing is done on a need to do basis. In my case that can be quite often. Of course when it's warm out I've graduated to fully immersing them so snosealing them is kind of pointless. Now that it's cold out that'll change. Wet feet out hiking is one thing. Cold wet feet is another animal altogether and it's one I don't like.post #1953 of 735910/30/12 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by jarude
I have thicker socks in them today and if anything, they're more comfortable. I don't know how it'll feel when I have an insole in there, but I think that'll more be an issue with my feet pressing against the top of the toebox as opposed to the side. I've worn them for four full days and they've given enough to be quite comfortable now.
The leather will give enough to alleviate minor fit issues.post #1954 of 735910/30/12 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by EdwardB
1. Coat shoe (including where upper meets sole) with Obenauf's LP.
2. Blowdry/let stand until dry
On another note, been looking for a decent pair of beater boots that weren't the ubiquitous Red Wings, finally scooped these up for ~300 at TSM a few weeks ago. I was a little worried about the bulbous toe box, but they're less pronounced in real life. Very happy with the purchase and after seeing all of these pictures, definitely going to see what I can do about some Vibram Commando half soles in the near future.
Thank you.post #1955 of 735910/30/12 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crane's
The Crane method. Post 30...
Thank you sir.
I applied some Saphir Renovator on my boots when I first recieved them, would you recomend that I apply some Obernauf leather oil to them as well before applying Obernauf LP?post #1956 of 735910/30/12 at 2:51pmpost #1957 of 735910/30/12 at 2:55pmpost #1958 of 735910/30/12 at 3:36pmpost #1959 of 735910/30/12 at 4:31pmpost #1960 of 735910/30/12 at 7:46pm
I've been using Cadillacs boot and shoe care on the boots since I first bought them, it is a less aggressive way to condition and waterproof the upper leather of the boots instead of using Obenaufs on them. I only use Obenaufs on the soles and outer edge as it changes the color and shine of the boot dramatically but protects where I need it the most. We just got our first snowfall of the year where I live and the boots did great in a few inches of wet sloppy snow.post #1961 of 735910/31/12 at 5:26am
These look amazing. in fact, making me wish i would have gone brown over the rust. they look great.
did you order your sole and bring it to a cobbler, or is a cobbler well stocked with Vibram options and sizes?post #1962 of 735910/31/12 at 5:29ampost #1963 of 735910/31/12 at 5:36amQuote:
I moved out of NYC 1.5 years ago, so don't know if he's still there, but there's a great cobbler on West 10th Street, just west of 6th Ave. he's between a coffee shop and pet shop. great price, and he always did outstanding work with my Lucchesespost #1964 of 735910/31/12 at 8:41amQuote:
Hey thanks, and yeah my cobbler had these in stock as well as the raptor half sole and just a thin rubber sole with no pattern on it. They are doing great in the snow right now so I am very happy with the investment.post #1965 of 735910/31/12 at 3:07pm
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...