I get all my boot work done at a place called 5th Avenue Shoe Repair up here in Alaska, and the half sole on the 1K only cost me $24.95 so I couln't resist.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/19/16 at 11:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 130post #1936 of 772010/29/12 at 9:24ampost #1937 of 772010/29/12 at 11:34amCan anyone comment on how much these will give in the toebox? As it is, the length is perfect, but my pinky toe presses against the edge of the boot. They are by no means uncomfortable - I had just planned to wear them with thicker socks and perhaps an insole when the weather gets colder.post #1938 of 772010/29/12 at 12:51pmpost #1939 of 772010/29/12 at 4:56pmQuote:post #1940 of 772010/29/12 at 5:11pmpost #1941 of 772010/29/12 at 7:46pmpost #1942 of 772010/29/12 at 9:42pmpost #1943 of 772010/29/12 at 9:47pm
I know what I'm about to say here can be looked upon as quite blasphemous amongst the purest at heart, but none the less has anybody ever try to dye 1000 mile boots? I say this because I recently purchased some of those two-tone Addisons, and well the two colors are starting to drive me nuts. The shoe is just a little to busy for me. Anyway I was thinking of having the tan dyed to match the brown, or just have them dyed black entirely. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.post #1944 of 772010/29/12 at 9:50pm
I know what I'm about to say here can be looked upon as quite blasphemous amongst the purest at heart, but none the less has anybody ever try to dye 1000 mile boots? I say this because I recently purchased some of those two-tone Addisons, and well the two colors are starting to drive me nuts. The shoe is just a little to busy for me. Anyway I was thinking of having the tan dyed to match the brown, or just have them dyed black entirely. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.post #1945 of 772010/29/12 at 11:03pmpost #1946 of 772010/30/12 at 2:54amQuote:
Been searching for the Crane method, anybody got a link to where it can be found?post #1947 of 772010/30/12 at 4:44am
1. Coat shoe (including where upper meets sole) with Obenauf's LP.
2. Blowdry/let stand until dry
On another note, been looking for a decent pair of beater boots that weren't the ubiquitous Red Wings, finally scooped these up for ~300 at TSM a few weeks ago. I was a little worried about the bulbous toe box, but they're less pronounced in real life. Very happy with the purchase and after seeing all of these pictures, definitely going to see what I can do about some Vibram Commando half soles in the near future.post #1948 of 772010/30/12 at 5:36ampost #1949 of 772010/30/12 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by jarude
Can anyone comment on how much these will give in the toebox? As it is, the length is perfect, but my pinky toe presses against the edge of the boot. They are by no means uncomfortable - I had just planned to wear them with thicker socks and perhaps an insole when the weather gets colder.
I'm curious about this as well.post #1950 of 772010/30/12 at 9:49amQuote:
Buy them; I'm more pleased with them now than when I got them. FWIW I'm a 9.5 in most things and I got an 8.5 and they are bang-on.
I have thicker socks in them today and if anything, they're more comfortable. I don't know how it'll feel when I have an insole in there, but I think that'll more be an issue with my feet pressing against the top of the toebox as opposed to the side. I've worn them for four full days and they've given enough to be quite comfortable now.
Obenaufs combo pack is in the mail. Is it worth giving the boots a liberal coating in the leather oil and let them stand for a day or so before I do the Crane method with LP?
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › I need feminism because tumblr 8 seconds ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 17 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 47 seconds ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...