I get all my boot work done at a place called 5th Avenue Shoe Repair up here in Alaska, and the half sole on the 1K only cost me $24.95 so I couln't resist.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 130post #1936 of 748310/29/12 at 9:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1937 of 748310/29/12 at 11:34amCan anyone comment on how much these will give in the toebox? As it is, the length is perfect, but my pinky toe presses against the edge of the boot. They are by no means uncomfortable - I had just planned to wear them with thicker socks and perhaps an insole when the weather gets colder.post #1938 of 748310/29/12 at 12:51pmpost #1939 of 748310/29/12 at 4:56pmQuote:post #1940 of 748310/29/12 at 5:11pmpost #1941 of 748310/29/12 at 7:46pmpost #1942 of 748310/29/12 at 9:42pmpost #1943 of 748310/29/12 at 9:47pm
I know what I'm about to say here can be looked upon as quite blasphemous amongst the purest at heart, but none the less has anybody ever try to dye 1000 mile boots? I say this because I recently purchased some of those two-tone Addisons, and well the two colors are starting to drive me nuts. The shoe is just a little to busy for me. Anyway I was thinking of having the tan dyed to match the brown, or just have them dyed black entirely. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.post #1944 of 748310/29/12 at 9:50pm
I know what I'm about to say here can be looked upon as quite blasphemous amongst the purest at heart, but none the less has anybody ever try to dye 1000 mile boots? I say this because I recently purchased some of those two-tone Addisons, and well the two colors are starting to drive me nuts. The shoe is just a little to busy for me. Anyway I was thinking of having the tan dyed to match the brown, or just have them dyed black entirely. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.post #1945 of 748310/29/12 at 11:03pmpost #1946 of 748310/30/12 at 2:54amQuote:
Been searching for the Crane method, anybody got a link to where it can be found?post #1947 of 748310/30/12 at 4:44am
1. Coat shoe (including where upper meets sole) with Obenauf's LP.
2. Blowdry/let stand until dry
On another note, been looking for a decent pair of beater boots that weren't the ubiquitous Red Wings, finally scooped these up for ~300 at TSM a few weeks ago. I was a little worried about the bulbous toe box, but they're less pronounced in real life. Very happy with the purchase and after seeing all of these pictures, definitely going to see what I can do about some Vibram Commando half soles in the near future.post #1948 of 748310/30/12 at 5:36ampost #1949 of 748310/30/12 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by jarude
Can anyone comment on how much these will give in the toebox? As it is, the length is perfect, but my pinky toe presses against the edge of the boot. They are by no means uncomfortable - I had just planned to wear them with thicker socks and perhaps an insole when the weather gets colder.
I'm curious about this as well.post #1950 of 748310/30/12 at 9:49amQuote:
Buy them; I'm more pleased with them now than when I got them. FWIW I'm a 9.5 in most things and I got an 8.5 and they are bang-on.
I have thicker socks in them today and if anything, they're more comfortable. I don't know how it'll feel when I have an insole in there, but I think that'll more be an issue with my feet pressing against the top of the toebox as opposed to the side. I've worn them for four full days and they've given enough to be quite comfortable now.
Obenaufs combo pack is in the mail. Is it worth giving the boots a liberal coating in the leather oil and let them stand for a day or so before I do the Crane method with LP?
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 18 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 20 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 25 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 25 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...