I get all my boot work done at a place called 5th Avenue Shoe Repair up here in Alaska, and the half sole on the 1K only cost me $24.95 so I couln't resist.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 4:51 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 130post #1936 of 734910/29/12 at 9:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1937 of 734910/29/12 at 11:34amCan anyone comment on how much these will give in the toebox? As it is, the length is perfect, but my pinky toe presses against the edge of the boot. They are by no means uncomfortable - I had just planned to wear them with thicker socks and perhaps an insole when the weather gets colder.post #1938 of 734910/29/12 at 12:51pmpost #1939 of 734910/29/12 at 4:56pmQuote:post #1940 of 734910/29/12 at 5:11pmpost #1941 of 734910/29/12 at 7:46pmpost #1942 of 734910/29/12 at 9:42pmpost #1943 of 734910/29/12 at 9:47pm
I know what I'm about to say here can be looked upon as quite blasphemous amongst the purest at heart, but none the less has anybody ever try to dye 1000 mile boots? I say this because I recently purchased some of those two-tone Addisons, and well the two colors are starting to drive me nuts. The shoe is just a little to busy for me. Anyway I was thinking of having the tan dyed to match the brown, or just have them dyed black entirely. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.post #1944 of 734910/29/12 at 9:50pm
I know what I'm about to say here can be looked upon as quite blasphemous amongst the purest at heart, but none the less has anybody ever try to dye 1000 mile boots? I say this because I recently purchased some of those two-tone Addisons, and well the two colors are starting to drive me nuts. The shoe is just a little to busy for me. Anyway I was thinking of having the tan dyed to match the brown, or just have them dyed black entirely. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.post #1945 of 734910/29/12 at 11:03pmpost #1946 of 734910/30/12 at 2:54amQuote:
Been searching for the Crane method, anybody got a link to where it can be found?post #1947 of 734910/30/12 at 4:44am
1. Coat shoe (including where upper meets sole) with Obenauf's LP.
2. Blowdry/let stand until dry
On another note, been looking for a decent pair of beater boots that weren't the ubiquitous Red Wings, finally scooped these up for ~300 at TSM a few weeks ago. I was a little worried about the bulbous toe box, but they're less pronounced in real life. Very happy with the purchase and after seeing all of these pictures, definitely going to see what I can do about some Vibram Commando half soles in the near future.post #1948 of 734910/30/12 at 5:36ampost #1949 of 734910/30/12 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by jarude
Can anyone comment on how much these will give in the toebox? As it is, the length is perfect, but my pinky toe presses against the edge of the boot. They are by no means uncomfortable - I had just planned to wear them with thicker socks and perhaps an insole when the weather gets colder.
I'm curious about this as well.post #1950 of 734910/30/12 at 9:49amQuote:
Buy them; I'm more pleased with them now than when I got them. FWIW I'm a 9.5 in most things and I got an 8.5 and they are bang-on.
I have thicker socks in them today and if anything, they're more comfortable. I don't know how it'll feel when I have an insole in there, but I think that'll more be an issue with my feet pressing against the top of the toebox as opposed to the side. I've worn them for four full days and they've given enough to be quite comfortable now.
Obenaufs combo pack is in the mail. Is it worth giving the boots a liberal coating in the leather oil and let them stand for a day or so before I do the Crane method with LP?
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 11 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 16 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 19 minutes ago
- › BNWT Robert Geller Black Cotton Twill Casual Blazer 50 22 minutes ago
- › WANTED- ALL ODYN VOVK 27 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 28 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...