or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 129

post #1921 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsekh View Post


Taken with cellphone. "Cordovan No. 8" (that's how it is written on the box too) next to my brown. The color of the boots is darker in person, but perhaps the strong sunlight makes it look really red.

Looks good, thanks for the comparison PIC.

post #1922 of 6248
That looks so good. Can you comment on the Cordovan No. 8 color as compared to the Beckman's Black Cherry?

Also, if one already owns a pair of Beckmans in Black Cherry, would Rust or Brown be the better color for W1K if the goal is to have the most variety (I assume the #8 would be closest)?
post #1923 of 6248

Edit, wrong thread.

post #1924 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefishbluefish View Post

That looks so good. Can you comment on the Cordovan No. 8 color as compared to the Beckman's Black Cherry?
Also, if one already owns a pair of Beckmans in Black Cherry, would Rust or Brown be the better color for W1K if the goal is to have the most variety (I assume the #8 would be closest)?

I don't have the Beckman, but since the black cherry color is also burgundy, I would say go for the brown. The brown 1000 mile boot actually looks a little bit purple/red under sunlight, but the overall color is much darker than the #8.
post #1925 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefishbluefish View Post

That looks so good. Can you comment on the Cordovan No. 8 color as compared to the Beckman's Black Cherry?
Also, if one already owns a pair of Beckmans in Black Cherry, would Rust or Brown be the better color for W1K if the goal is to have the most variety (I assume the #8 would be closest)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsekh View Post

I don't have the Beckman, but since the black cherry color is also burgundy, I would say go for the brown. The brown 1000 mile boot actually looks a little bit purple/red under sunlight, but the overall color is much darker than the #8.

I have the Beckman in Black Cherry. When I decided to buy the W1K, I decided to go for the Brown instead of Rust precisely for the reason that I don't want two pairs of boots that have similar color.

When I did my research, I didn't come across the Cordovan #8 - I don't think it is even on their official website.
post #1926 of 6248

My brown 1K's with a new Vibram Commando half sole, Love em1000

 

 

 

 

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

 

post #1927 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post

I have the Beckman in Black Cherry. When I decided to buy the W1K, I decided to go for the Brown instead of Rust precisely for the reason that I don't want two pairs of boots that have similar color.
When I did my research, I didn't come across the Cordovan #8 - I don't think it is even on their official website.

Thanks for the advice. Are the rust and cherry that similar? I came across bellyhungry's photo, and the cherry and brown look pretty similar here. Maybe it's just the lighting. Would you mind taking a photo of your boots as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post

Next to my RW Beckman that has been worn 4-5 times and broken in. Color wise: RW is black cherry while the W1K is brown.

post #1928 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post

 

It could just be the photo, but those Red Wings look a lot more like the cigar color than black cherry to me.

post #1929 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDope View Post

My brown 1K's with a new Vibram Commando half sole, Love em Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







fistbump.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefishbluefish View Post

Thanks for the advice. Are the rust and cherry that similar? I came across bellyhungry's photo, and the cherry and brown look pretty similar here. Maybe it's just the lighting. Would you mind taking a photo of your boots as well?
Next to my RW Beckman that has been worn 4-5 times and broken in. Color wise: RW is black cherry while the W1K is brown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga View Post

It could just be the photo, but those Red Wings look a lot more like the cigar color than black cherry to me.

It is due to the lighting. Under overcast sky or artificial lighting, the Black Cherry looks almost brown.

Will take some outdoor pics under sunny sky weather permitting...
post #1930 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDope View Post

My brown 1K's with a new Vibram Commando half sole, Love em1000

 

 

 

 

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

 

where do you get your cobble work done?

and does anybody know of a good place in nyc that would do this?

post #1931 of 6248

Crane, what kind of boot oil do you use?  I see you talk about snoseal all the time, but you don't mention your boot oil very often.

post #1932 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134 View Post

Crane, what kind of boot oil do you use?  I see you talk about snoseal all the time, but you don't mention your boot oil very often.
Filson's according to this post:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/205531/wolverine-721ltd-shell-cordovan-1000-mile-boot-review/480#post_5784630

He's said somewhere else in this thread though that he only uses it because it's readily available to him but Obenauf's works just as well.
post #1933 of 6248
I've found a pair for $260 and I don't think I can pass it up even though I know I should.
post #1934 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks View Post

I've found a pair for $260 and I don't think I can pass it up even though I know I should.

Hmmm and along those lines I just happen to have 2 pair of browns in size 9.5 and 10.5 sitting around in the back room at the store.
post #1935 of 6248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks View Post

I've found a pair for $260 and I don't think I can pass it up even though I know I should.

I just grabbed some for $250. Pretty pleased with them so far; Obenauf's is in the mail and I think I'm going to get a commando sole put on them since they have little traction as is.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review