Possibly, call the store.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 7/3/15 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 124
Styleforum Top Picks
For all of those concerned about how/if treating new boots will change the color of your leather. I have my two cents that i was afforded because of a faulty pair of 1K mile boots.
I have rust colored boots.
on my first pair i treated them as Crane's suggested. right out of the box, heavy coat of Obenauf's HDLP, hairdryer, let sit, buff, repeat. it turned my rust boots to more of a brown with gorgeous deep burgundy highlights. really pretty. the heel split on these boots and i had to get a replacement pair.
the replacements are rust too. i followed the above recipe for out of the box treatment, however, this time i did NOT use the hairdryer, and i found that without the hairdryer, the boots stayed more true to the rust color. they are slightly darker, but much less so than the first pair that i treated with the hairdryer.
this might be a function of the hairdryer, or just an idiosyncratic trait of leathers. i don't know, but thought it was worth putting out there.
also, obenauf's suggests that after one applies the conditioner, to put the boots in sealed plastic bags in the sun for a few hours. i didn't do this, but it seems like a less harsh version of the hairdryer tactic.
Those remind me of the Timberland X Horween boots.
But, if memory serves, what you're showing is part of the non-USA-made Wolverines.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I grabbed a pair over the weekend, and I must say these are hands down the most comfortable work-esque boots that I've owned. In regards to the laces, what does everyone use?
I would agree with this statement as well.
So far just using the laces that come with the boot, but I am open to suggestions.
I already have a pair in brown, and remember I was struggling between rust and brown, and went with the brown in the end. #8 fits right between the two color I used the excuse that my brown feels half a size too large and ordered a pair of 9.5D #8. I will probably sell my 10D brown after I got my new pair, but will try to do a comparison between the two before selling it. (If I miss the brown one afterwards, I will get a pair of addison in brown! why don't they offer the addison in rust?)
These are the Ascot Wolverines. And I read that they're in fact made in the US. That might be written/marked somewhere on the boots.
The Darbys which are toe capped are not made in the US, I think.
For all of those concerned about how/if treating new boots will change the color of your leather. I have my two cents that i was afforded because of a faulty pair of 1K mile boots...
this might be a function of the hairdryer, or just an idiosyncratic trait of leathers. i don't know, but thought it was worth putting out there...
Thats an excellent observation and one that i found to be true as well. After an application of HDLP and hairdryer, Id go so far as to say that they are even dull in appearance, lacking the depth of untreated leather. With that said, it is only temporary. After a couple of weeks of wear, they lighten back up and the rich, deep brown returns. Note, mine never saw daily wear as I'm in business attire during the week. If you wear them every day or several days/week, the time it takes for the rich color to return is much less.
I am perfectly willing to sacrifice that deep, rich brown temporarily in favor of better absorption of the wax. They are far better protected IMO.
Great job pointing that out, Im sure many will find it helpful.
Here's what mine looked like towards the end of last season. I always used the hairdryer when applying HDLP and they've seen 6-8 applications over a couple of yrs. These had been treated a month of so before the image was taken.
I saw that ad, it also said they were cordovan. Perhaps they were using that to describe the color. Do you know if those boots are seconds? Surely they aren't made from shell cordovan for $220.
Anyway, they look interesting, be sure to let us know more about them when you get them.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Oliver Peoples Connolly Sunglasses [Unused] 1 minute ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...