Im agreeing with you Crane's, so why don't you cool your jets. If anyone should appreciate my last post it should be you, since you are the one to answer all of these users endless questions and complaints about these boots not being 115% waterproof. I think they are great boots, and my point was to state that they are great boots, while also stating that some of the users on this thread complaining about "wet" and "cold" feet need to realize that these boots never once flaunted how warm and waterproof they were, and should maybe stop holding these boots to unreachable standards. They are great, durable boots that require maintenance like all good leather products do.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 121post #1802 of 777910/14/12 at 6:00pmQuote:
Here is a video, "specifically stating" they should be kept dry. It is a 1000 mile boot maintenance instructional video posted by none other than Wolverine themselves. Enjoy...post #1803 of 777910/14/12 at 6:15pmWhen I read "all users" and "no review" how am I supposed to take it? Aren't both these statements all inclusive? I'm also well aware of the video put out by Wolverine. If you're supposed to keep them dry then why would you bother to treat the sole and along the welt before first wearing?post #1804 of 777910/14/12 at 6:21pmpost #1805 of 777910/14/12 at 6:22pm
Your right I should have clarified. I read through this thread 30 times before buying mine and your posts did help my decision. I was aiming my comment towards those who just aren't satisfied with the boot and it seems like they will never be, constantly complaining about this or that. They are boots, they never promised to fly, do you see what I'm saying. I wasn't directing my comment to you when I commented the first time. To me its cut and dry, maintain your boots, know their limits, wear accordingly.post #1806 of 777910/14/12 at 6:40pmpost #1807 of 777910/14/12 at 7:02pmpost #1808 of 777910/14/12 at 7:05pmpost #1809 of 777910/14/12 at 7:15pmpost #1810 of 777910/14/12 at 8:12pmQuote:
I feel you. They're certainly not purpose-made for inclement weather, but they're just versatile enough to handle it if you end up with them on during it.
I remember a blog post when 1K's were first debuting about a guy wearing them through snow and all... anyone know what I'm talking about?Quote:Originally Posted by wigglr
Do these boots fly?
I LOL'ed.post #1811 of 777910/14/12 at 10:55pm
I just got an original 1000 mile boots from an online store Japan, and I noticed that backstay on the right foot is placed incorrectly.
I asked them to exchange new pair or refund me, but it was refused becuse it is quite normal for US products, they say.
I posted pictures of my boots, anyone advise me these are normal or defective.post #1812 of 777910/15/12 at 4:18ampost #1813 of 777910/15/12 at 6:29amI guess I always thought that my leather dress shoes got soaked because water saturated the sole. In reality, was that water coming through the welt?
I'm looking for a pair of snowy, icey weather boots and my choices are as followings:
1) Get some 1000-miles and have fun sno-sealing and oiling, do my best with them, and do my best to wear them out
2) Get some moulded, rubbery, duck-like things and wear them only on those wet days in the city.
#1 is starting to make sense.post #1814 of 777910/15/12 at 6:52ampost #1815 of 777910/15/12 at 8:34am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Spring car coat fabrics 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 8 minutes ago
- › What color socks with taupe-ish slacks? 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...