Im agreeing with you Crane's, so why don't you cool your jets. If anyone should appreciate my last post it should be you, since you are the one to answer all of these users endless questions and complaints about these boots not being 115% waterproof. I think they are great boots, and my point was to state that they are great boots, while also stating that some of the users on this thread complaining about "wet" and "cold" feet need to realize that these boots never once flaunted how warm and waterproof they were, and should maybe stop holding these boots to unreachable standards. They are great, durable boots that require maintenance like all good leather products do.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 8:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 121
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1802 of 733610/14/12 at 6:00pmQuote:
Here is a video, "specifically stating" they should be kept dry. It is a 1000 mile boot maintenance instructional video posted by none other than Wolverine themselves. Enjoy...post #1803 of 733610/14/12 at 6:15pmWhen I read "all users" and "no review" how am I supposed to take it? Aren't both these statements all inclusive? I'm also well aware of the video put out by Wolverine. If you're supposed to keep them dry then why would you bother to treat the sole and along the welt before first wearing?post #1804 of 733610/14/12 at 6:21pmpost #1805 of 733610/14/12 at 6:22pm
Your right I should have clarified. I read through this thread 30 times before buying mine and your posts did help my decision. I was aiming my comment towards those who just aren't satisfied with the boot and it seems like they will never be, constantly complaining about this or that. They are boots, they never promised to fly, do you see what I'm saying. I wasn't directing my comment to you when I commented the first time. To me its cut and dry, maintain your boots, know their limits, wear accordingly.post #1806 of 733610/14/12 at 6:40pmpost #1807 of 733610/14/12 at 7:02pmpost #1808 of 733610/14/12 at 7:05pmpost #1809 of 733610/14/12 at 7:15pmpost #1810 of 733610/14/12 at 8:12pmQuote:
I feel you. They're certainly not purpose-made for inclement weather, but they're just versatile enough to handle it if you end up with them on during it.
I remember a blog post when 1K's were first debuting about a guy wearing them through snow and all... anyone know what I'm talking about?Quote:Originally Posted by wigglr
Do these boots fly?
I LOL'ed.post #1811 of 733610/14/12 at 10:55pm
I just got an original 1000 mile boots from an online store Japan, and I noticed that backstay on the right foot is placed incorrectly.
I asked them to exchange new pair or refund me, but it was refused becuse it is quite normal for US products, they say.
I posted pictures of my boots, anyone advise me these are normal or defective.post #1812 of 733610/15/12 at 4:18ampost #1813 of 733610/15/12 at 6:29amI guess I always thought that my leather dress shoes got soaked because water saturated the sole. In reality, was that water coming through the welt?
I'm looking for a pair of snowy, icey weather boots and my choices are as followings:
1) Get some 1000-miles and have fun sno-sealing and oiling, do my best with them, and do my best to wear them out
2) Get some moulded, rubbery, duck-like things and wear them only on those wet days in the city.
#1 is starting to make sense.post #1814 of 733610/15/12 at 6:52ampost #1815 of 733610/15/12 at 8:34am
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 11 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 20 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 36 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 40 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Alden Color 8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan Shortwing Balmoral Brooks... 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...