Im agreeing with you Crane's, so why don't you cool your jets. If anyone should appreciate my last post it should be you, since you are the one to answer all of these users endless questions and complaints about these boots not being 115% waterproof. I think they are great boots, and my point was to state that they are great boots, while also stating that some of the users on this thread complaining about "wet" and "cold" feet need to realize that these boots never once flaunted how warm and waterproof they were, and should maybe stop holding these boots to unreachable standards. They are great, durable boots that require maintenance like all good leather products do.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 121
Styleforum Top Picks
Here is a video, "specifically stating" they should be kept dry. It is a 1000 mile boot maintenance instructional video posted by none other than Wolverine themselves. Enjoy...
Your right I should have clarified. I read through this thread 30 times before buying mine and your posts did help my decision. I was aiming my comment towards those who just aren't satisfied with the boot and it seems like they will never be, constantly complaining about this or that. They are boots, they never promised to fly, do you see what I'm saying. I wasn't directing my comment to you when I commented the first time. To me its cut and dry, maintain your boots, know their limits, wear accordingly.
I feel you. They're certainly not purpose-made for inclement weather, but they're just versatile enough to handle it if you end up with them on during it.
I remember a blog post when 1K's were first debuting about a guy wearing them through snow and all... anyone know what I'm talking about?
I have a question: (Click to show)
Do these boots fly?
I just got an original 1000 mile boots from an online store Japan, and I noticed that backstay on the right foot is placed incorrectly.
I asked them to exchange new pair or refund me, but it was refused becuse it is quite normal for US products, they say.
I posted pictures of my boots, anyone advise me these are normal or defective.
I'm looking for a pair of snowy, icey weather boots and my choices are as followings:
1) Get some 1000-miles and have fun sno-sealing and oiling, do my best with them, and do my best to wear them out
2) Get some moulded, rubbery, duck-like things and wear them only on those wet days in the city.
#1 is starting to make sense.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- › Hugo Boss Suit 42L/34x36 *Current* Super 130s Navy 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina GMTO 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 8 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...