I'm heading back later tonight for their grand opening. ill try to grab some sweet pics
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 11/23/16 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 109post #1621 of 77429/6/12 at 11:53ampost #1622 of 77429/6/12 at 5:40pmpost #1623 of 77429/6/12 at 9:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by cthip
store is drool worthy, photos won't do it justice but will be posted tomorrow anyway. Probably.
You're a lot better off just coming to NYC, store well be here at least six months, hopefully longer if it does well. Come see for yourself.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
my girlfriend kept reminding me to close my mouth hehe
so i picked up my brand spanking new tan addisons (for FREE) and being as they were so incredibly nice there the manager/ sales president threw in a full 1000 mile shoe car kit and a super sweet 1000 mile keychain.
he also gave me a hint on the 744s- he wouldnt say but he made a "smoking cigar" motion. dark and rich brown?
sounds way too sweetpost #1624 of 77429/6/12 at 10:33pmpost #1625 of 77429/7/12 at 1:38am
Not to interject but I had a concern pertaining to a new pair of the Wolverine 1000 mile Rockford. I have owned this pair for about a week now and have recently noticed two thin areas of leather, toward the heel of the boot (one on either boot), where the lower meets the upper. The thin areas are actually on the upper, just above the stitching. Is this a legitimate concern or nothing at all?... the two small areas have lighted in color slightly, I suppose from mild stretching/wear. I am afraid of overly stretching these areas to the point of weakness.post #1626 of 77429/7/12 at 5:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Jack Hazer
Not to interject but I had a concern pertaining to a new pair of the Wolverine 1000 mile Rockford. I have owned this pair for about a week now and have recently noticed two thin areas of leather, toward the heel of the boot (one on either boot), where the lower meets the upper. The thin areas are actually on the upper, just above the stitching. Is this a legitimate concern or nothing at all?... the two small areas have lighted in color slightly, I suppose from mild stretching/wear. I am afraid of overly stretching these areas to the point of weakness.
Can you take and upload photos so we can get a better idea of exactly what it looks like?post #1627 of 77429/7/12 at 11:20amsorry photos aren't the greatest quality, taken on my phone, had a few beers, and was trying to mostly stay out of people's way while taking photos
actual vintage lasts from the wolverine factory
the ladies' boots don't get a lot of love on this forum (last night was actually the first time i'd seen them!) but i think they look pretty sweet
actual vintage timeclock from wolverine factory
and my 1k after a shinepost #1628 of 77429/7/12 at 12:25pmpost #1629 of 77429/7/12 at 12:36pmpost #1630 of 77429/7/12 at 5:56pmpost #1631 of 77429/8/12 at 8:37pmQuote:
What does it look like from the outside? The darker area on the inside is just the track where the machine that joined those pieces of leather ran. It could easily be just some grease that was left on the machine. Does it feel noticeably thinner? The look from the outside will add some value to or reroute this diagnosis.post #1632 of 77429/8/12 at 11:46pm
The area I had described was noticeably thin, which I observed while cleaning. The exterior was lightened slightly through wear; however, I have no experience with this style of boot. Not to diverge, but I have been wearing all leather cowboy boots for at least a decade. I have acquired an isolated knowledge of boots through boot makers that I have known personally. I have never known of a boot that utilizes such thin leather, but then again, I have only worn cowboy boots and ropers. Ideas please!post #1633 of 77429/8/12 at 11:48pmpost #1634 of 77429/9/12 at 1:10am
A question regarding the older Darby of the Gentleman line, clearly labeled as 1000 Mile: Where is it made?
I searched the whole thread but couldn't find any info on it.
I like the flatter toe of these. Though not so sure about the stitching.
And they're still available here:post #1635 of 77429/9/12 at 2:09am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 16 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 24 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 33 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 39 minutes ago
- › Belvest Overcoat 42/40 - Loro Piana 42 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 48 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 50 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway