I'm heading back later tonight for their grand opening. ill try to grab some sweet pics
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 6:00am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: Yesterday
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 109post #1621 of 74839/6/12 at 11:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1622 of 74839/6/12 at 5:40pmpost #1623 of 74839/6/12 at 9:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by cthip
store is drool worthy, photos won't do it justice but will be posted tomorrow anyway. Probably.
You're a lot better off just coming to NYC, store well be here at least six months, hopefully longer if it does well. Come see for yourself.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
my girlfriend kept reminding me to close my mouth hehe
so i picked up my brand spanking new tan addisons (for FREE) and being as they were so incredibly nice there the manager/ sales president threw in a full 1000 mile shoe car kit and a super sweet 1000 mile keychain.
he also gave me a hint on the 744s- he wouldnt say but he made a "smoking cigar" motion. dark and rich brown?
sounds way too sweetpost #1624 of 74839/6/12 at 10:33pmpost #1625 of 74839/7/12 at 1:38am
Not to interject but I had a concern pertaining to a new pair of the Wolverine 1000 mile Rockford. I have owned this pair for about a week now and have recently noticed two thin areas of leather, toward the heel of the boot (one on either boot), where the lower meets the upper. The thin areas are actually on the upper, just above the stitching. Is this a legitimate concern or nothing at all?... the two small areas have lighted in color slightly, I suppose from mild stretching/wear. I am afraid of overly stretching these areas to the point of weakness.post #1626 of 74839/7/12 at 5:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Jack Hazer
Not to interject but I had a concern pertaining to a new pair of the Wolverine 1000 mile Rockford. I have owned this pair for about a week now and have recently noticed two thin areas of leather, toward the heel of the boot (one on either boot), where the lower meets the upper. The thin areas are actually on the upper, just above the stitching. Is this a legitimate concern or nothing at all?... the two small areas have lighted in color slightly, I suppose from mild stretching/wear. I am afraid of overly stretching these areas to the point of weakness.
Can you take and upload photos so we can get a better idea of exactly what it looks like?post #1627 of 74839/7/12 at 11:20amsorry photos aren't the greatest quality, taken on my phone, had a few beers, and was trying to mostly stay out of people's way while taking photos
actual vintage lasts from the wolverine factory
the ladies' boots don't get a lot of love on this forum (last night was actually the first time i'd seen them!) but i think they look pretty sweet
actual vintage timeclock from wolverine factory
and my 1k after a shinepost #1628 of 74839/7/12 at 12:25pmpost #1629 of 74839/7/12 at 12:36pmpost #1630 of 74839/7/12 at 5:56pmpost #1631 of 74839/8/12 at 8:37pmQuote:
What does it look like from the outside? The darker area on the inside is just the track where the machine that joined those pieces of leather ran. It could easily be just some grease that was left on the machine. Does it feel noticeably thinner? The look from the outside will add some value to or reroute this diagnosis.post #1632 of 74839/8/12 at 11:46pm
The area I had described was noticeably thin, which I observed while cleaning. The exterior was lightened slightly through wear; however, I have no experience with this style of boot. Not to diverge, but I have been wearing all leather cowboy boots for at least a decade. I have acquired an isolated knowledge of boots through boot makers that I have known personally. I have never known of a boot that utilizes such thin leather, but then again, I have only worn cowboy boots and ropers. Ideas please!post #1633 of 74839/8/12 at 11:48pmpost #1634 of 74839/9/12 at 1:10am
A question regarding the older Darby of the Gentleman line, clearly labeled as 1000 Mile: Where is it made?
I searched the whole thread but couldn't find any info on it.
I like the flatter toe of these. Though not so sure about the stitching.
And they're still available here:
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Recent purchases - Part II 52 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 59 seconds ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...