or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 108

post #1606 of 6461

I usually just tumble dry my Icebreaker socks on a lower heat level and they do fine.  I have also hand washed them in a sink with dish soap and hung them to dry overnight and that worked fine as well. 

post #1607 of 6461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayland View Post


Filson makes great belts, but the brown they use is super dark - almost black. Reminds me of Blundstone's Stout Brown. I'd love it if they offered a more traditional brown color.

You should check out some of the methods people have used on the filson bags to make the leather look older, It becomes much lighter with age (or fake age). But then again, you could just start with a lighter colored belt from another quality company.

post #1608 of 6461
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134 View Post

You should check out some of the methods people have used on the filson bags to make the leather look older, It becomes much lighter with age (or fake age). But then again, you could just start with a lighter colored belt from another quality company.

Links?

post #1609 of 6461
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134 View Post

You should check out some of the methods people have used on the filson bags to make the leather look older, It becomes much lighter with age (or fake age). But then again, you could just start with a lighter colored belt from another quality company.

I just ordered a Ranger Belt from this site. Medium brown with wheat stitching. Should look nice with the Wolverine 1000's.

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/rangerbelts.html
post #1610 of 6461

Anyone know of any sales going on? I would like to pick up a pair...
 

post #1611 of 6461
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebb View Post

Anyone know of any sales going on? I would like to pick up a pair...
 

Search this thread for a store called costar (or co star, or co. star), anyway, it's a shop in Austin, TX that hooked me up with XX% off my order by calling in and asking nicely, doing a little bit of haggling. I specifically spoke to a sales rep named Mandeep. I called, mentioned that I heard they were discounting some 1000 miles, did a bit of asking/talking, and boom - 1000 miles.

post #1612 of 6461
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizzleCizzle View Post

Search this thread for a store called costar (or co star, or co. star), anyway, it's a shop in Austin, TX that hooked me up with XX% off my order by calling in and asking nicely, doing a little bit of haggling. I specifically spoke to a sales rep named Mandeep. I called, mentioned that I heard they were discounting some 1000 miles, did a bit of asking/talking, and boom - 1000 miles.

but they dont discount the rust or browns right? ONly black you say?

post #1613 of 6461
Need I remind you that the phone is your friend?
post #1614 of 6461
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanewbie View Post

but they dont discount the rust or browns right? ONly black you say?

 

I got browns...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Need I remind you that the phone is your friend?

 

^this. In fact, I came back in to say "Try Crane's... but use the phone".

post #1615 of 6461

Hi!

 

I recently bought the brown plain toe 1000 miles. After unboxing I treated them with two layers of Obenaufs LP with Crane's method, and perceeded to add a couple of layers of Kiwi wax polish.

 

I've since worn them mabye 10 times, and I've noticed the leather on one of the boots in particular is developing creases. Is this normal and to be expected, or is there something I can do to smooth out the creases/wrinkles?

 

 

 

 

Other then wiping them with a damp cloth and brushing them before putting the trees in before they get put in my wardrobe, is there anything else I might do to care for them? I've read some use boot oil once in awhile. How often should I apply it, and why?

 

 

Regards,

 

Stefan

post #1616 of 6461
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanl View Post

Hi!

I recently bought the brown plain toe 1000 miles. After unboxing I treated them with two layers of Obenaufs LP with Crane's method, and perceeded to add a couple of layers of Kiwi wax polish.

I've since worn them mabye 10 times, and I've noticed the leather on one of the boots in particular is developing creases. Is this normal and to be expected, or is there something I can do to smooth out the creases/wrinkles?





Other then wiping them with a damp cloth and brushing them before putting the trees in before they get put in my wardrobe, is there anything else I might do to care for them? I've read some use boot oil once in awhile. How often should I apply it, and why?


Regards,

Stefan

It is perfectly normal for leather to crease.

The frequency with which you will need to apply boot oil is going to be dictated by use and environment. There really is no set calendar for this as it really is what works best for you and your boots. You want the leather to remain flexible, water resistant and to not dry out of oils.

FWIW I live in a sunny state, so I generally treat all my boots really well with Obenaufs LP twice a year - once before the wet season and once after. Other than that it is a quick wash down and light coating of Obenaufs oil when I feel that the leather is in need of some care - if I have been hiking and they are unduly scuffed.
post #1617 of 6461
If you really want to decrease the creasing I would advise you to use shoe trees. On the other hand, these are boots which are supposed to look a bit banged up, I like the patina the creasing give them.
post #1618 of 6461

I've been waiting to pick these up for a while now becuase I had to try them on. Finally found them on the floor locally over the weekend.

I sized down alot oddly enough.

Vans: 10.

Clarks: 9

1,000 Mile:8

I can't wait for them to get here. I ordered the W05299 in rust on Ebay for $260 NIB. I will follow up on how the transaction went through for your heads up.

post #1619 of 6461

If anyone lives in the NYC area i have a serious treat for you! If you havent heard yet Wolverine just opened up a 1000 mile exclusive store in SOHO! I stopped by there last night and i just couldn't stop drooling! they had every of 1000 miles up on display to try on, just gaze at and buy if you'd like. Not only did they have boots to offer but they teamed up with other made in america companies such as filson, telason denim, and much more. Really the coolest store ive been into since as long as i can remember. not only are their goods awesome but the people working there were super friendly and knowledgeable. I came in with my tan addisons and i mentioned to them that one boot was stiffer than the other. The manager came out right then and switched them for BRAND NEW boots! Plus this thursday night they're having a grand opening to celebrate fashion week. Free beer, made in USA goods, doesnt get better. seriously EVERYONE should stop by. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. 

heres the info

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/Blog/Article.mvc.aspx/30aafdd7-0430-4b98-adb0-42fb562d13da

see you guys there!

post #1620 of 6461
^tell them to come to LA

hopefully somebody takes some pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review