or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 87

post #1291 of 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134 View Post

My Rockford 1000 mile boots after about 3 months of heavy wear.  A lot of 20 hour days, a few 48 hour days.  Walk/Commute, Lab, Machine Shop, Hiking, etc. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
350x233px-LL-efc7ecd4_IMG_7066.jpeg
350x233px-LL-7e32af2d_IMG_7069.jpeg
350x233px-LL-564c837e_IMG_7073.jpeg
Not extraordinarily happy with all of the crinkling that is going on.  But some of it is to be expected (I think?)

Nothing going on there that looks unexpected.
Actually they look fantastic for being worn that hard!
post #1292 of 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

No shame in having both.
 

 

Blasphemy!!!!

post #1293 of 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

No shame in having both.
Just get a different color!
I've had 1000s in black, tan & GTs in cherry red & black over the years.
Good boots all.

Both are indeed great boots! Meso, do you mind sharing with us your sizing for 1000 mile and GT?

Thanks!

post #1294 of 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post


Maybe RM Williams Saddle and Leather dressing ?
Used it for a few years on my RMW.

cheers, will look into this

post #1295 of 6500
Are the tongue on 1k mile original bellows tongue?
post #1296 of 6500
Does anyone have experience getting lug/commando/cat's paw soles applied to the 1000 Miles? is this doable?
post #1297 of 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raags View Post

Does anyone have experience getting lug/commando/cat's paw soles applied to the 1000 Miles? is this doable?

Yeah it's doable. Myself and quite a few others have done it already. It's been well documented in this thread. From over a year ago....

Original 1000 Mile Boot Commando Resole 1
post #1298 of 6500

Can anyone compare the color of the chestnut Red Wing Beckman/Gentleman Travelers versus the tan 1000 Mile boots? I have a pair of brown 1000 Mile boots, and love them, but want to get another pair of boots so I can alternate and extend the life of both. I saw some Chestnut GT's in person and the color was beautiful, but I like the design of the Wolverines more, so if the tan is really close, I'd prefer to go with Wolverines again. I haven't been able to see those in person.

post #1299 of 6500
Tan 1Ks....

Flash, brand new

Wolverine Boots Tan Addison 1

Natural daylight WB 5500K, beatup after a year...

Wolverine Addisons
post #1300 of 6500

So a few months ago I posted about the stitching on my Wolverine 1K boots starting to come undone.  Wolverine was fantastic about exchanging them for a new pair, however after only a few weeks, I've noticed that my new boots are doing the same thing!  Pic: 

 

X932ll.jpg

 

Needless to say I'll be calling Wolverine again, but I'm pretty disappointed in the quality if this happens to both pairs of boots I've owned.   Has anyone else here noticed this?  Is it maybe just bad luck with getting back-to-back problems?

 

I decided to give the boots a very thorough inspection in light of this discovery and noticed another flaw in the stitching on the same boot.   Maybe someone was working on them at the end of a Friday afternoon?

 

Pic of the other flaw... The end of the stitching isn't stitched, it's just a loose bit of thread.

 

3vL9Gl.jpg

 

Other than my personal experiences with some flaws, I've been very happy with the boots and would still recommend them to anyone.  Plus if there's a problem, Wolverine takes care of it. (at least so far)


Edited by 66Nick - 5/17/12 at 8:06pm
post #1301 of 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNWS View Post

Both are indeed great boots! Meso, do you mind sharing with us your sizing for 1000 mile and GT?
Thanks!

YMMV but I was 9.5 for 1000 mile and 10 for GTs.
Break-in was tougher on GTs and the tongue makes it more difficult to get my foot in.

1000 miles generally look smaller... the toe box is more shaped, shorter and less boxy.
I don't have a pair of 1000 miles any more otherwise I would take a pic.
The difference is kinda dramatic.
I'm 6'3 and looked a little silly in 1000 miles.
post #1302 of 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Nick View Post

So a few months ago I posted about the stitching on my Wolverine 1K boots starting to come undone.  Wolverine was fantastic about exchanging them for a new pair, however after only a few weeks, I've noticed that my new boots are doing the same thing!  Pic: 

350x467px-LL-7991d080_X932ll.jpeg

Needless to say I'll be calling Wolverine again, but I'm pretty disappointed in the quality if this happens to both pairs of boots I've owned.   Has anyone else here noticed this?  Is it maybe just bad luck with getting back-to-back problems?

I decided to give the boots a very thorough inspection in light of this discovery and noticed another flaw in the stitching on the same boot.   Maybe someone was working on them at the end of a Friday afternoon?

Pic of the other flaw... The end of the stitching isn't stitched, it's just a loose bit of thread.

350x467px-LL-7548cd2d_3vL9Gl.jpeg

Other than my personal experiences with some flaws, I've been very happy with the boots and would still recommend them to anyone.  Plus if there's a problem, Wolverine takes care of it. (at least so far)

I just checked mine (wearing them today) and don't notice anything like this. Sorry it's happening to yours.
post #1303 of 6500

Has anyone tried out the montague chelsea boots? Thoughts?

EDIT: oh the sole is rubber...hmm never mind

post #1304 of 6500

Update on the boots I sent back to Wolverine for warranty:

 

They sent out a new pair, unfortunately the replacement boots were defective also, they covered the shipping costs on the second pair and got me a third pretty quick.  New ones showed up and look pretty good!  I think most of the delay was an email issue, Zach sent at least one email I never got.  Called, got him on the phone and he took care of it, def recommend calling instead of email for faster service.

 

Now some crazy talk, I am tempted to send the brand new pair off to have black Dainite soles put on.  I plan on calling B.Nelson this week to ask if it's possible.  I suppose they have to replace the brown welt also to make them completely black, seems doable though.  Anybody done anything similar?

post #1305 of 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmamyke View Post

Update on the boots I sent back to Wolverine for warranty:

They sent out a new pair, unfortunately the replacement boots were defective also, they covered the shipping costs on the second pair and got me a third pretty quick.  New ones showed up and look pretty good!  I think most of the delay was an email issue, Zach sent at least one email I never got.  Called, got him on the phone and he took care of it, def recommend calling instead of email for faster service.

Now some crazy talk, I am tempted to send the brand new pair off to have black Dainite soles put on.  I plan on calling B.Nelson this week to ask if it's possible.  I suppose they have to replace the brown welt also to make them completely black, seems doable though.  Anybody done anything similar?

It's been done already by more than a few of us, self included. My original 1Ks have been half soled with a Vibram lug heel and Raptor half sole. My 721s are in for a recraft and the same thing will happen to them. My Addisons could probably be resoled about now as well. They'll get a half sole treatment similar to the Alden commando sole found on some Indy boots.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review