or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Your take on Jantzen shirts now...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your take on Jantzen shirts now... - Page 2

post #16 of 34
i just received an order today for 10 shirts that i placed at the beginning of may. 6 weeks is about par and i had some chnages that i needed from my previous order and i have to say i think they came out great. even the customer service was good as ricky didn't have a fabric i ordered and asked if i would prefer a differnt fabric or just to cancel the shirt. i sent him the new fabric the next day and he replied and said he was working on them. overall i thing these guys are GREAT - even if they some say they are slipping (and i don't think they are.

hell my boss pay $150 for burberry custom shirts and they are not nearly as nice as these......so i'd say it is much easier to do worse than to do better.
post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
i just received an order today for 10 shirts that i placed at the beginning of may. 6 weeks is about par and i had some chnages that i needed from my previous order and i have to say i think they came out great. even the customer service was good as ricky didn't have a fabric i ordered and asked if i would prefer a differnt fabric or just to cancel the shirt. i sent him the new fabric the next day and he replied and said he was working on them. overall i thing these guys are GREAT - even if they some say they are slipping (and i don't think they are.

hell my boss pay $150 for burberry custom shirts and they are not nearly as nice as these......so i'd say it is much easier to do worse than to do better.

Wow, you got lucky on that order. On my 4th order of 4 shirts, the shirts were ordered in February, and I just received them this past Tuesday. Before that, I was averaging about 3.5 weeks, so I guess the Universe balances out.

So far, Jantzen has gotten everything right for me except small minor details like having a gauntlet button. And now it's pretty much the way I like them. Only things I'll change from here on in are shirt length (for casual/work) and collar/cuff style. I am a believer and will ride the gravy train until it ends. There's no way you can beat a custom order shirt that fits you better than RTW for that price and construction.
post #18 of 34
One other factor to consider: I was recently notified of unauthorized charges on the card I use for making Jantzen orders. Ricky's site is not secure and I have no way of ever knowing what really happen, but it's the only place online where I give my credit card number unsecured, and until someone convinces me that it's impossible for one reason or another, I'm hesitant to order any more. All of this despite the fact that I love my Jantzen shirts dearly.

Do any of you fax orders? If so, how do you prepare the order form?
post #19 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlvdDandy
One other factor to consider: I was recently notified of unauthorized charges on the card I use for making Jantzen orders. Ricky's site is not secure and I have no way of ever knowing what really happen, but it's the only place online where I give my credit card number unsecured, and until someone convinces me that it's impossible for one reason or another, I'm hesitant to order any more. All of this despite the fact that I love my Jantzen shirts dearly.

Do any of you fax orders? If so, how do you prepare the order form?

Print out the order form and fax it. However, because of the low traffic I doubt there are ID theft issues with Jantzen's site. If someone knows what he's doing, even "secure" sites can be infiltrated rather routinely. But if you're uncomfortable going online, just fax. There are no benefits to ordering online.
post #20 of 34
When you say "great quality", what do you mean? Do you take the low price into consideration? Do you eventually mix up quality (of fabrication) with fit or fabric. Do just overlook the (small) imperfections? Or do i just have an above average aspiration level?

I can not believe that others got perfectly satisfactory shirts at a bargain price, while there were so many things wrong on my shirt.
post #21 of 34
mumbojumbo-

Maybe I missed it, what fabric did you order? pilling? I have never had that problem with my 100% cotton shirts from him and have read few, if any, reports of it happening to others.

I have 5 jantzens that I wear on a regular basis. While I still have some minor fit issues to work out, none of them have the imperfections that your report. You may consider coresponding with Ricky and discuss returning it.

IMO, still a great value.

Cheers,
D
post #22 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlvdDandy
One other factor to consider: I was recently notified of unauthorized charges on the card I use for making Jantzen orders. Ricky's site is not secure and I have no way of ever knowing what really happen, but it's the only place online where I give my credit card number unsecured, and until someone convinces me that it's impossible for one reason or another, I'm hesitant to order any more. All of this despite the fact that I love my Jantzen shirts dearly.

Do any of you fax orders? If so, how do you prepare the order form?

If you've ordered from Jantzen before, just ask Ricky to use the same card as your last order - there is no need to resubmit the credit card info with every order.
post #23 of 34
I just got my 4 shirts from March and they all seem perfect, I will have time to look later next week and post pics.
post #24 of 34
Everyone: Please contribute your photos to the Jantzen page on the wiki.
post #25 of 34
Kent,

i send you some pictures from my shirt via private message, because i could not figure out how to get access for this wiki page (password?).
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo
When you say "great quality", what do you mean? Do you take the low price into consideration? Do you eventually mix up quality (of fabrication) with fit or fabric. Do just overlook the (small) imperfections? Or do i just have an above average aspiration level?

I can not believe that others got perfectly satisfactory shirts at a bargain price, while there were so many things wrong on my shirt.

I think in a vacuum, Jantzen is great quality, although there's certainly far better out there. If you consider price, it's really a steal.

To be honest, I cannot yet justify to myself to spend over $100 on a shirt. I know about good cottons, workmanship, etc, but I could never do it. Before Jantzen came along, all I was doing was looking for good deals or just getting $30 shirts from Ralph Lauren at Filene's.

I don't order anything from Jantzen other than 100% Italian cotton 2X2s. I think the "little things" I have problems with are very non-essential, as they have always made my split yokes, removable stays, and kept all the measurements consistent. They got all the details I really care about right. And that's all you can ask; you hear about top-level places like Turnbull & Asser getting orders mixed up, bad measurements, etc. because it's run by people and mistakes happen. You just cross your fingers and hope that the odds of getting good stuff are in your favor.

In summary, I think the lowest-stress way to approach Jantzen is to treat it like a Showtime Roaster -- Set it and forget it.
post #27 of 34
I just got 6 more shirts in last friday. I'll try to post some photos tonight. All six shirts fit me exactly how I want them to. All six shirts got every specification exactly as I requested. Some fabric is better than others, but all are nice (JKT continues to be better than any other choices).

Service issues, yes. You may have to prompt them to remember you and your order. I now own 10 Jantzen shirts, with 2 more on order. I'll keep ordering. I'm just not convinced that a Hemrajani shirt for $129 will be any better.
post #28 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo
Kent, i send you some pictures from my shirt via private message, because i could not figure out how to get access for this wiki page (password?).
See the wiki thread. Actually, I think your photos would better belong in this thread so that people can see the defects you're talking about. The wiki is more of a reference for information and fabrics.
post #29 of 34
Ordered two shirts from Jantzen about 8 weeks ago. I made an error when giving measurements for one of the shirts, Ricky detected it, contacted me and resolved the matter. Today I received one of the two shirts (seems like he forgot about the other one). Oh and it seems it was free since I haven't been charged yet. I am definitely quite satisfied with the service he offers...
post #30 of 34
What is the best way to provide measurements? Should I see my tailor and get him to do it, or should I send over a shirt that I have that fits well perhaps?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Your take on Jantzen shirts now...