or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Custom Shoe Maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom Shoe Maker

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Greetings everyone,

The reason for my post specifically I have a good friend that is in the process of starting a small custom clothing / suit company and I am helping him to get off the ground. I was hoping someone here can point me towards a custom shoe maker essentially our goal is to either do a resell type program with a quality shoe maker/manufacturer (shoe cost range of $450.00 to $1500.00) and/or a quality shoe manufacturer who would allow a private label arrangement. Any knowledge or informational resources surrounding those two categories would be greatly appreciated. Location of manufacturer isn't of huge concern.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Tony
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attallo View Post
Greetings everyone,

The reason for my post specifically I have a good friend that is in the process of starting a small custom clothing / suit company and I am helping him to get off the ground. I was hoping someone here can point me towards a custom shoe maker essentially our goal is to either do a resell type program with a quality shoe maker/manufacturer (shoe cost range of $450.00 to $1500.00) and/or a quality shoe manufacturer who would allow a private label arrangement. Any knowledge or informational resources surrounding those two categories would be greatly appreciated. Location of manufacturer isn't of huge concern.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Tony
There are many of them, some very popular choices

USA: Alden
UK: Alfred Sargent, Crockets and Jones
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Onix,

You are a kind man for responding, any additional information and responses are indeed welcomed.
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attallo View Post
Onix,

You are a kind man for responding, any additional information and responses are indeed welcomed.

All of those makers that I mentioned make private label shoes according to specification of the clients. They make shoes for popular men's stores like Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren. Both BB and RL have some "made in Italy" lines but nobody knows for sure who make these Italian shoes.

This write up is about 3-4 years old but capture most high end labels. There are some big names that are missed on the list, but it's a good start up read nevertheless.

Information on them can always be found on their website.
post #5 of 10
You might look into Ludwig Reiter, one of the more popular-priced
Vienna shoe manufacturers. Prices are around the level of Crockett
& Jones, I believe. As far as I know, they have only one US retailer,
Massimo Bizzocchi in New York, whose mark-ups are egregious.

http://www.ludwig-reiter.com/index.php?id=1&L=1
post #6 of 10
Vass does private label shoes. C&J makes more private labeled shoes than ones with their own label in it.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attallo View Post
Onix,

You are a kind man for responding, any additional information and responses are indeed welcomed.

Hello Attallo,
I'm a custom shoemaker in Italy, I don't have a big outfit like long established labels (btw most of them don't advertise the fact that their shoes are either made in Italy by makers who in turn "subcontract", or produce in some other country like Romania, this happens with Italian popular labels too), but the big advantage with a shoemaker with a small custom production is that for a clothier starting out they may want to make only a limited investment and have a unique shoe designed that only they carry. I deal in very small quantities, and usually with individuals not businesses in fact. My production is focused on high end. Let me know if there's anything I can do or answer for you. thanks, Salvatore
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
You might look into Ludwig Reiter, one of the more popular-priced
Vienna shoe manufacturers. Prices are around the level of Crockett
& Jones, I believe. As far as I know, they have only one US retailer,
Massimo Bizzocchi in New York, whose mark-ups are egregious.

http://www.ludwig-reiter.com/index.php?id=1&L=1

interesting shoes!!
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thank you all for responding. Salvatore I just recently sent you an email. I look forward to hearing for you soon.
post #10 of 10
Angeloelesina do you manufacture women's shoes too?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Custom Shoe Maker