or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levi 514 Selvedge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Levi 514 Selvedge - Page 3

post #31 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
So I've always wanted a high quality pair of 514s, and once I saw those, I decided why not.. Took them just a day to get here with standard Levi's shipping, and I'm glad I ordered. Got my true size and it fits just right, slim and straight, more so than the regular 514s. I really like the fit, hopefully they won't stretch too much. Obviously not going near a washing machine any time soon. I'll see how they do after a few months. The big question right now if I should get them shortened or keep them rolled up.
Is the inseam TTS or have they added some length to roll up?
post #32 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
So I've always wanted a high quality pair of 514s, and once I saw those, I decided why not..

Took them just a day to get here with standard Levi's shipping, and I'm glad I ordered. Got my true size and it fits just right, slim and straight, more so than the regular 514s. I really like the fit, hopefully they won't stretch too much. Obviously not going near a washing machine any time soon.

I'll see how they do after a few months. The big question right now if I should get them shortened or keep them rolled up.

so where (country) are these made?
post #33 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angels View Post
so where (country) are these made?
China... no joke... But obviously the denim is japanese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Brody View Post
How does the denim feel?
I'm not an expert, but it seems really nice to me. Fit and finish are fantastic and better than any other pair of Levi's that I have (which isn't saying much, they are all STFs and "rigid" 514s.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batistuta View Post
Is the inseam TTS or have they added some length to roll up?
Haven't measured but feels TTS, maybe up to an inch on the longer side.
post #34 of 124
so is the fit like a regular pair of 514s? because I saw the "imprint" pair and those seemed to have somewhat wider legs.
post #35 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcarson89 View Post
You said you had the rigid...how much did they stretch? I usually wear a 31 in levi but im worried that with a 31 in the selvedge they will stretch to be too big. A 31 on first wear is snug and a 30 is very tight FWIW
Selvage/raw denim won't stretch any more than non. It depends on the denim, but I'd be more concerned about sizing correctly for the shrinkage. I've always had best luck TTS on stf 501s...(not sizing up, since they're already slightly oversized to account for shrink).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad View Post
Those look good but no button fly is a deal breaker for me.
Word. Shame, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant View Post
Levis site says 9 5/8" front rise. Can anyone who has a pair of 514's confirm this and tell me what the back rise is? Thanks.
Keep in mind that if that measurement is when raw, you'll loose another 1/2" from that.
post #36 of 124
100 bucks for made in china levi's. no thanks. save for something better.
post #37 of 124
So Levi's is making jeans in China now? That sucks. All of the ones I have are made in Mexico.
post #38 of 124
I have trouble with the rise of 514s. They feel too low. Maybe it's just because I'm used to 501s.
post #39 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I have trouble with the rise of 514s. They feel too low. Maybe it's just because I'm used to 501s.

It's not just you. I find it too low as well. Now if only I could find a decent pair of jeans with the cut (and price!) of the 514, but with the rise of the 505...
post #40 of 124
505 is like the Mall Dad version of the 501. Stay away from the 505.
post #41 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
505 is like the Mall Dad version of the 501. Stay away from the 505.

haha i bought my dad a pair of dark 505 for christmas. I tried to talk him into a pair of 501 but he didnt want button fly.
post #42 of 124
my dad is 505 4 life.
post #43 of 124
I thought 505 and 501 were identical cuts, just change the fly?
post #44 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosz View Post
I thought 505 and 501 were identical cuts, just change the fly?

thats what I heard too
post #45 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosz View Post
I thought 505 and 501 were identical cuts, just change the fly?
They are.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levi 514 Selvedge