or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › How much living area do you have in your pad/crib?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How much living area do you have in your pad/crib? - Page 4

post #46 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post


Let's just say that this is the kids' playhouse.

You must have a lot of retarded kids. Maybe stop reproducing?
post #47 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
I am super interested in small footprint modern homes, My "dream house" would probably be sub-1000 sf, contemporary, and with creatively maximized use of space. I like many of the small-plot homes being built in Japan, and some of the green pre-fab's coming out.

Particularly interested in the new HOMB project.

This +1. I want a small modern home. 1000sf. intelligent design. maybe a weekend retreat for space
post #48 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
You must have a lot of retarded kids. Maybe stop reproducing?
You shoud know about retarded, douche.
post #49 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
This +1. I want a small modern home. 1000sf. intelligent design. maybe a weekend retreat for space

Thats what I work so hard for is so I can have a 1000sq ft home.


Just moved in over the weekend it's 980sq ft in total. It's fine for living space but if it wasn't for my warehouse space for all my bikes, climbing gear, cars, extra furniture the place would be another junk pile. I would say I use about 1000sq ft of the warehouse.

(don't rip on it to much I have lived there 2 days. Not sure which way to go with decorating the place)
post #50 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman808 View Post
Thats what I work so hard for is so I can have a 1000sq ft home.


Just moved in over the weekend it's 980sq ft in total. It's fine for living space but if it wasn't for my warehouse space for all my bikes, climbing gear, cars, extra furniture the place would be another junk pile. I would say I use about 1000sq ft of the warehouse.

(don't rip on it to much I have lived there 2 days. Not sure which way to go with decorating the place)

It's more done up than my place and I moved in a month ago
post #51 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman808 View Post
Thats what I work so hard for is so I can have a 1000sq ft home.
There is a big difference between what one could call an excess of space, and enough space. Maybe you use a lot of space. Maybe you just don't realize how much space you Don't use. I dunno. I don't want, need, or use a lot of space. There is an enormous amount of space that you will never really use (in that picture) Oh, you might buy something to "fill up" the space. But they way that room is designed, you NEED extra space so that you don't "feel" closed in. There are ways to more intelligently utilize space so that you don't need huge rooms. When I say I want to 1000 sq ft. house, I'm not talking about a "wasteful" 1000sq ft western style house. I'm talking about a consciously designed, well-thought out 1000sq ft house. This house is built on a 322sq foot lot. Less than 900sq feet of floor space. This house is built on a 480 square foot lot. You can see the built-in storage for things like shoes, bedding, and etc. in the floor below: Carport:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #52 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
It's more done up than my place and I moved in a month ago

I broke up with a long term girlfriend and sorta left in a huff and left everything. Moved into a place with nothing but my clothes. Spent the next 3 months of weekends buying everything. It's amazing how much you really do have to buy when you have nothing. No couch, no bed no tv.

Won't make that mistake again.
post #53 of 70
I'm still down the couch and TV...I have a small love-seat thing but not large enough for a friend to crash on. I don't care too much about the TV...although I'd like to have one as the speakers are getting kind of lonely. I had a couch seller flake out on craigslist last weekend (who doesn't check if their roommate wants the couch before selling it?). I am waiting for measurments on another one... I need something on the smaller side <80" and preferably not too deep (the one that got away was probably about 30"). Price is somewhat of a consideration, and being able to fold down might be nice but as long as someone can sleep on it (maybe not a sober someone) and it looks good, I will be happy. the stuff here: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/c...8?sms_ss=email looks good but no longer exists...the CL one I found was also from CB2 but it had a folding bit
post #54 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
There is a big difference between what one could call an excess of space, and enough space.
Maybe you use a lot of space. Maybe you just don't realize how much space you Don't use. I dunno. I don't want, need, or use a lot of space. There is an enormous amount of space that you will never really use (in that picture) Oh, you might buy something to "fill up" the space. But they way that room is designed, you NEED extra space so that you don't "feel" closed in. There are ways to more intelligently utilize space so that you don't need huge rooms.

When I say I want to 1000 sq ft. house, I'm not talking about a "wasteful" 1000sq ft western style house. I'm talking about a consciously designed, well-thought out 1000sq ft house.

This house is built on a 322sq foot lot. Less than 900sq feet of floor space.



Man, I love the Pengin house. Though within the last few years I have been seeing more and more split lot houses popping up. I would totally dig one of those if it will be in my range after graduation/wedding and stuff. I have had a hell of a time finding pics of them online but they are usually a modern design with a carport/garage and small entry on the bottom floor, Kitchen on the second floor, Living/Dinning rooms on the third floor and Bedrooms on the top floor. Real skinny tall buildings, though most are built with efficiency in mind.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #55 of 70
check out this 330 sq ft apartment. it's pretty awesome....

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/vid...ace-saver.html
post #56 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl View Post
check out this 330 sq ft apartment. it's pretty awesome....

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/vid...ace-saver.html

I like it.
post #57 of 70
600 sq ft and I still have a bunch of room. Mostly because I don't have any furniture.
post #58 of 70
4100 sq. above ground w/1700 basement plus a garage.

Sometimes it feels too big and sometimes too small.
post #59 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl View Post
check out this 330 sq ft apartment. it's pretty awesome....

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/vid...ace-saver.html

Its cool, but my place is about the same size (in sqft), feels bigger than this. In these small places hiding the bed is really important for making it feel bigger. Also, having tall ceilings helps a lot.
post #60 of 70
I figure my apartment is around 400 sq. ft. A bit more space would be nice, but it's perfectly livable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › How much living area do you have in your pad/crib?