or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Do you read the B&S pinned threads?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you read the B&S pinned threads?

post #1 of 45
Thread Starter 
I'm just curious if the buyers here read the pinned threads.
post #2 of 45
Yes.
It is the first thing I check.
IMO and IME the sellers who used the pinned threads(AnGeLiCbOrIs, cksnipe, prajna12,...) are the best sellers here.
They know what to purchase for resale and they know the market value.
post #3 of 45
I don't know why anyone intentionally would not. Lot of good stuff there and good prices. I find it sort of childish for those who think or do opposite of something because they don't want to be 'told' or 'duped' into marketing, or feel they don't have 'control' in their lives. That basically is doing the same thing. Which is being controlled. Don't play that game there is no need to just do check the pinned, it won't hurt or make you feel duped, I promise.
post #4 of 45
Yes- at least last week all the best threads were there. I think the thread masters have to be smarter about how to use the thread title as an update mechanism, though. Typically I want to revisit when something has changed, not when responses happen.
post #5 of 45
I do, and the only thing that is hard is telling wether there's new things added, and what they are. Since they only have one thread they are paying to have pinned, all their stuff goes into that one. And you can't nearly describe everything in that one title. "New items added" doesn't help me too much since I still have to go thru the threads individually to look to see what it is.
post #6 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post
I think the thread masters have to be smarter about how to use the thread title as an update mechanism, though.
I tend not to re-read if a thread title looks unchanged.
post #7 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chips View Post
I do, and the only thing that is hard is telling wether there's new things added, and what they are. Since they only have one thread they are paying to have pinned, all their stuff goes into that one. And you can't nearly describe everything in that one title. "New items added" doesn't help me too much since I still have to go thru the threads individually to look to see what it is.

I have found myself slowly not going back to them for just that reason. Even when the title reflects an update today, more often than not it's difficult to discern what's new or isn't. At least in the "good old days" [cough] when someone had a new haul in it's own thread, I could peruse that separately of the previous hauls.
post #8 of 45
I read them, but basically just a skim. I pay more attention to new posts then I do to pinned ones, thinking they have been picked over . . . that said, i was about to buy something off a pinned post when it dissappeared and I still haven't found it . . . oh well.
post #9 of 45
I read them, but I read them last. Like Chips said, its tough to see when any new action happens, with a short title. I start looking first at the threads under the pinned ones to see what is new, then as a last look, I go to the pinned as they take a long time to look through.
post #10 of 45
In all my years on forums, I have found myself in the habit of paying less attention to pinned threads. Not because I am 'rebelling' against a practice I dislike, but for reasons I can't quite work out.

If new items are added to a pinned topic it is best that they are kept to the first post of the first page and that the date when these additions are made is put in the title.
post #11 of 45
I actually read them less often. I noticed there were quite a few last week, but that number has dropped off.
post #12 of 45
No, but I don't read banner ads either. Doesn't mean they don't work. I've just learned to scroll past it all. Seems to be a rather petty thing to be concerned about.
post #13 of 45
For some reason, I didn't pay much attention to the pinned threads. As like others have said, it was difficult to determine what new items were added. The normal threads attracted my attention because it was easy to see what was being sold.
post #14 of 45
I occasionally browse them, but I always browse them if there is a date in the thread title that is more recent than my last visit.
post #15 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarkies View Post
For some reason, I didn't pay much attention to the pinned threads. As like others have said, it was difficult to determine what new items were added. The normal threads attracted my attention because it was easy to see what was being sold.

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Do you read the B&S pinned threads?