or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New pocket square folding guide, comments please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New pocket square folding guide, comments please - Page 2

post #16 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC
FWIW, I particularly don't like to do this as the fold should look more natural and plumper. You want to avoid the pocket square on a card look. Also be careful when ironing that you don't flatten the handrolled edges.
Alan, Your point is well taken. I shall include a warning comment (smiling). A sailing friend of mine wants to buy a pith helmet. Do you by any chance remember that really cool site that you found last summer? We had some near 100 weather last week here in Denver and I could have used a pith helmet. Noina mentioned something about not being seen in public with me if I wore one..... However, this just reaffirms the rule of not letting women make fashion decisions for men.
post #17 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
I sort of made my own thread about how to fold a basic square and those tips. It didn't last long, since the thread pretty much derailed into how horrible I am for wearing argyles with a suit when asked which socks I should go with.
Jovan, Argyles sound like fun. When Noina is not looking I am going to buy a pith helmet. Although I probably will wear it with Khaki pants. And sunglasses and by myself......
post #18 of 30
AlanC: For what reason should I avoid ironing the roll edge? I've mostly don this technique with cheaper ones, so I'm not that concerned. Mulberrywood: Are you making fun of me?
post #19 of 30
If the edges are handrolled then you'll lose the plumpness of the rolling. If they're just machine stitched then ironing them won't matter, and probably would be preferable. (I have some machine stitched ones myself, just making the point.)
post #20 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
AlanC: For what reason should I avoid ironing the roll edge? I've mostly don this technique with cheaper ones, so I'm not that concerned. Mulberrywood: Are you making fun of me?
Jovan, I am not making fun of you or myself. I am very serious about buying a pith helmet, and I am a great believer in having fun with clothes, I don't pay close attention to rules unless I am going to a formal wedding or other event. My own socks are serious to the point of being boring, but I may buy some patterned ones one day. As for ironing AlanC is quite correct, but if you are very careful you can iron a handrolled pocket square. Just avoid the edges.
post #21 of 30
Quote:
Argyles sound like fun. When Noina is not looking I am going to buy a pith helmet. Although I probably will wear it with Khaki pants. And sunglasses and by myself......

Don't forget to wear a blazer and a tie when heading off to the croquet match.
post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberrywood
I am very serious about buying a pith helmet...
You just want to oppress people.
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberrywood
KSM,

We placed two pocket square photos on the top to provide balance and then the suit/finished folds on the left.

How does it look?

Perfect! This one is bookmarked.
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberrywood
When Noina is not looking I am going to buy a pith helmet.......
Pith helmets can look very good on some people:
post #25 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Pith helmets can look very good on some people:
I rest my case......
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberrywood
I rest my case......
David, I can pretty much guarantee that you won't look as good the young lady pictured.
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Don't forget to wear a blazer and a tie when heading off to the croquet match.



HELLO STEVE B. I CAUGHT YOU! I know this comment was directed at me. Why are you picking on my style? I don't know maybe you don't like croquet but it can be fun with the right people.
post #28 of 30
fantastic resource. thanks for putting it together
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberrywood
A sailing friend of mine wants to buy a pith helmet. Do you by any chance remember that really cool site that you found last summer?
I think this is it.

You need to go with this one:

post #30 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC
I think this is it. You need to go with this one:
Thank you. Thats the site, However, I will go with the Indian or French style. I will show the site to Fred my sailing friend later today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New pocket square folding guide, comments please