or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Which car to get - Land Rover LR3 vs. MDX vs. Ford Explorer?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which car to get - Land Rover LR3 vs. MDX vs. Ford Explorer? - Page 4

post #46 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
I drove the big Q. Tons of room, nice electronics, good but not great acceleration. Brakes were not confidence inspiring and I describe the cornering like a blind 90 year old that has lost their walker.

You've visited South Florida lately?
post #47 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
You've visited South Florida lately?

I don't think they'd let me in, given how much they pay for their kid's cars.
post #48 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
I don't think they'd let me in, given how much they pay for their kid's cars.
That was Palm Beach. Rest of SoFLA: not as crazy, well, depends where. I knew a kid who's father sent him his B-Day present via trailer to school: a 2008 DB9 Convertible.
post #49 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
looking at the Yukon Hybrid this weekend, will let you know.
I like the Yukon, and would certainly have it rather than the Escalade. How significant is the fuel savings with this hybrid?
post #50 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I like the Yukon, and would certainly have it rather than the Escalade. How significant is the fuel savings with this hybrid?

why would you choose the Yukon over Escalade?
post #51 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post
why would you choose the Yukon over Escalade?

Less bling.
post #52 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Less bling.

fair enough. I used to HATE the new Escalades (and all of the new cadillacs) when they were first announced, but I've grown to like them. To me a Yukon is exactly the same, but I can see what you mean by bling and the image associated.
post #53 of 92
Well have you thought about a 4Runner? My father has one from 1998 with 230,000 km's on it and works fine. Very capable and one of the true body-on-frame SUV's left. I would also advise against the LR3. While I like Land Rover's I can't honestly say that the LR3 is a wise choice because of the reliability stigma.
post #54 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post
fair enough. I used to HATE the new Escalades (and all of the new cadillacs) when they were first announced, but I've grown to like them. To me a Yukon is exactly the same, but I can see what you mean by bling and the image associated.

This post shows you're growing up. *sigh*
post #55 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
This post shows you're growing up. *sigh*

aren't you proud papa?!
post #56 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post
aren't you proud papa?!

post #57 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr View Post
Well have you thought about a 4Runner? My father has one from 1998 with 230,000 km's on it and works fine. Very capable and one of the true body-on-frame SUV's left.

I would also advise against the LR3. While I like Land Rover's I can't honestly say that the LR3 is a wise choice because of the reliability stigma.

ye, the Land Rover's out...I looked at the 4runner and it's kind of blah...if I'm spending $30 grand I'd like to enjoy driving it....maybe I'm crazy...

And if I get a Benz I think my bubbie will disown me
post #58 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by whusurdadi View Post

And if I get a Benz I think my bubbie will disown me

Nah. Probably 40% of the Tribe I know drive a Benz, BMW, or Porsche.
post #59 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by whusurdadi View Post
The X5 only comes as a 5 seater...

I just found out yesterday that the XC90 comes with a third bench, so I'm going to go test drive one over the weekend...

Anyone have any other ideas?

Honda Pilot. 3rd row. Uses regular unleaded. Go for a 2007 or 2006, not the newer model.
post #60 of 92
What about Audi Q7? Anyone have any experience with it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Which car to get - Land Rover LR3 vs. MDX vs. Ford Explorer?