• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars that you actually like

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a car driver although I do have one in storage.

I have noticed that with basically every single new car that comes out, it gets called ugly by pretty much everyone. Is there a new car that has come out, under say, 80k, that any of you find even remotely appealing?

I think I've heard just about every last offering from every major car maker, luxury or otherwise, get ripped on here. What do you guys actually think is attractive?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#1 business rule: you can't please everybody.

That said, for around $80k (actually slightly more expensive), the Nissan GT-R and Porsche 911 Carrera S are two of my favorites. For something slighly less money, I'd go with a BMW M3 or a Porsche Cayman S.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
BMW Z4 Coupe
Porsche 911 Carrera
BMW M3
Audi S4 Wagon
Range Rover

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I am not a car driver although I do have one in storage.

I have noticed that with basically every single new car that comes out, it gets called ugly by pretty much everyone. Is there a new car that has come out, under say, 80k, that any of you find even remotely appealing?

I think I've heard just about every last offering from every major car maker, luxury or otherwise, get ripped on here. What do you guys actually think is attractive?

You see cars getting ripped on for different reasons, many of which I find absurd. BMW makes some great cars, for instance, but they are far too common according to some. They think a 3 series is the car of choice for douchebags. That may be true, but it doesn't mean it's not a great car. Then there is the inevitable nitpicking from one generation to the next. Some of it is legit, but overall, a lot of the comments i see related to cars are just funny in their absurdity.

As for a new car I love?

This beauty is pretty flawless:

lotus-evora-img_1.jpg

lotus-evora-22-07-08.jpg

Lotus-Evora-interior-1-lg.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I actually like my new car, an A5, and it was half of 80k.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Current Mustang looks good, IMO - just the right amount of retro and modern. The Camaro is ugly (and a horror to drive, visibility is ****), however.

Other than that:
VW GTI
Nissan Altima (for a reasonably-priced large coupe/sedan, at least)
most Audis
Toyota FJ Cruiser

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every car has at least one thing wrong with it. There really isn't a perfect automobile in the world. And there really can't be, since people have different wants and needs they expect a car to fulfill.

But if I had to pick one that I actually like, it would have to be a Shelby Daytona Coupe in blue; I think it's called Guards Blue or something. Superformance used to make licensed replicas (some in aluminum bodies) and you got to choose the engine. I'd stick something huge from Roush in it. I don't think they offer them anymore.

My Mustang offers lots of fun and its solid axle isn't as huge of a demerit on city roads as some would have you believe. I've ridden in worse, independent rear suspension cars. The 370Z was god-awful; I felt every pebble on a smooth highway.

Edit: If we're talking about looks, I'd say the McLaren F1. For under $80K, the 2010+ GT500, in Kona or Grabber Blue with white stripes.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
auditts.jpg

Who bedazzled around the headlights?

epb

Reaction score
I liiked the Z4 M Coupe from the get-go, and still think it's a beautiful car. Others I also really like, still in production:

BMW E92 3-series coupe
Audi S5
Audi TT coupe
Chevrolet Camaro
Porsche Cayman S

Used, there's all sorts of stuff out there for under $80k. I think that would get you an Aston Martin V8 Vantage or Bentley Continental GT nowadays.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A4
A5
BMW M3
MB E550 Coupe
BMW 5-Series

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm loving my new car.

I think you could get a nice 'Vette for under 80k, no?

FYI, to post above, you're only getting an LR4 or RRS for under 80k. The big Rangie is over 100k.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Who bedazzled around the headlights?

The new headlights are pretty cool IMO. Just like my new MB has a strip of LEDs under the headlight for DTR lights, the new Audis bracker the lamps with them, like a "C." Looks pretty cool coming at your IMO.

Matt, do they go off with the headlights on? My LED strip stays on, but at reduced brightness. Looks pretty cool.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
m3this1.jpg
dsc00072ik.jpg
(above are not mine, but my favorite pics) E92 M3 6-spd Space Gray Technology Package Optional 19s European Delivery
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
The S5 is a nice car when considered as an alternative to the 335i, but when availability and resulting price are taken in the equation, it ends up competing with the M3. Where there is really no comparison..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads