or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › so im turning 21
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

so im turning 21 - Page 2

post #16 of 33
dude DRUNK BOWLING.. have you ever bowled in the city? it's not like in Jersey. my old company took us all out for drunk bowling at Union Square here: http://www.bowlmor.com/ we all got lit up on booze and they have decent bar food. the "club" vibe of it may be a tad tacky, but who cares when half of your party is belligerent and enjoying. 2 things though: 1) Insanely expensive - can easily run up to a couple $$$thousand's with just a handful of people. Gotta love the city. My case, company paid for it. 2) I believe after a certain time (1AM?) everyone in your party has to be 21. So maybe make it an evening type thing.
post #17 of 33
^^^ This is actually a good idea. But doesn't Bowlmor card at the door?
post #18 of 33
When I went about 2 years ago, they only carded people who ordered drinks. However, we went after work (7PMish) and I've heard they only card everyone in your party after 12 or 1AM.
post #19 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zillka View Post
dude DRUNK BOWLING..

have you ever bowled in the city? it's not like in Jersey.

my old company took us all out for drunk bowling at Union Square here:

http://www.bowlmor.com/

we all got lit up on booze and they have decent bar food. the "club" vibe of it may be a tad tacky, but who cares when half of your party is belligerent and enjoying. 2 things though:

1) Insanely expensive - can easily run up to a couple $$$thousand's with just a handful of people. Gotta love the city. My case, company paid for it.

2) I believe after a certain time (1AM?) everyone in your party has to be 21. So maybe make it an evening type thing.



i think i may do this^^ seriously. I saw ads for bowlmor in the subway last week and it was on my mind too.
post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
That is very strange. You must go to bars that are targeted towards the above 30 crowd or are generally empty pubs.
I just went to seven bars in manhattan/brooklyn last week and wasnt carded once. Only time I was carded the whole trip was at a restaurant and they jsut didn-t give me a stamp was all. Of course I look oldewr and was with people who were all of age.
post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Jar View Post
i think i may do this^^ seriously. I saw ads for bowlmor in the subway last week and it was on my mind too.

Bowling would be cool. Everyone can get in have some fun have some fun while drinking the over 21 yr old's drinks!
post #22 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post
Bowling would be cool. Everyone can get in have some fun have some fun while drinking the over 21 yr old's drinks!

So I just called bowlmor, expensive doesn't even begin to describe what I'm looking at considering I gave him a modest head count too.
post #23 of 33
wherever you go, make sure they make you some french toast afterwards
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Jar View Post
So I just called bowlmor, expensive doesn't even begin to describe what I'm looking at considering I gave him a modest head count too.

the money in NYC is insane. groups go bowling for $10k+ and don't blink. i mean BOWLING

i feel your pain though bro, at 21 all i thought about was how i was gonna pay my student loans.

check out www.goldstar.com...

they have cruises - many with dinner/drinks at reasonable prices. other fun stuff you can do there that's at half off...

Accomplice - NYC at $60 a pop it's much more reasonable than bowlmor

http://www.123burgershotbeer.com/ also accepts 18 yo+ parties during the weekdays, just call them ahead...

only helping 'cause i know how it is in this town where a bud light can run ya back $9
post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
wherever you go, make sure they make you some french toast afterwards

wil def haz to make sure (srs)


was also thinkin bout my fav mex place as a chillout place, burrito loco on w 4th. they pump music in the basement and ive gotten smashed there a few times and they were all good times. its not far from my work on grand st either

10k for bowling, you gotta be kidding me. the girl i talked to said it was probably close to around 2k when all said and done. dayyummm
post #26 of 33
You could go to dinner at a restauarant/lounge. Obviously they won't card if your eating dinner and then you can just stick around after as the dinner crowd moves out and it becomes more of a lounge. That's what I did when my cousin had a party in NYC, we ate dinner and around 10 moved over to the bar, no carding. The DJ started up and it ended up being a good night. Some clubs have 18+ or 19+ nights but those are usually only on Thursdays/Fridays. Off the top of my head I know Touch, Pacha, and Webster Hall are like this. Don't show up to any bars/clubs/lounges insanely drunk, they probably won't let you in.
post #27 of 33
If you are moderately well dressed and no one looks 15, you won't be carded. Be sure to go to a good establishment that doesn't see 19 year olds often. When going out late-night go to a night club preferably downtown, after 2am. Again, be well dressed and ditch anyone that looks 15. You'll be fine.
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
If you are moderately well dressed and no one looks 15, you won't be carded. Be sure to go to a good establishment that doesn't see 19 year olds often. When going out late-night go to a night club preferably downtown, after 2am. Again, be well dressed and ditch anyone that looks 15. You'll be fine.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say that prepare to have your night ruined if you expect to get into a bar without ID. Not that this is something to be proud of, but I've probably been to 100 different bars on 400 different nights in NY and most of them card most people. I don't look particularly young, and neither do my friends. Experiences may differ by person, but my sample size is pretty large.
post #29 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
If you are moderately well dressed and no one looks 15, you won't be carded. Be sure to go to a good establishment that doesn't see 19 year olds often. When going out late-night go to a night club preferably downtown, after 2am. Again, be well dressed and ditch anyone that looks 15. You'll be fine.

Some of the girls who are 18 and 19 look 16 and 17. they may hav to take one for the team. gf is taking me to angelo n maxies the night before so we can have an alone date.
post #30 of 33
there are great sex parties in south midtown. usually $25 per which includes unlimited condoms/lubes.

the better and more discerning ones don't charge if everyone in your party is a 9/10.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › so im turning 21