or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Converse Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Converse Appreciation Thread - Page 4

post #46 of 604
got some blue highs for 24 bucks last week woot!
post #47 of 604
Thread Starter 


Converse Jack Purcell (Edward Boat) Spring 2010

*The JP boat shoe is a great new addition to the legacy of the 'other' first/last name Converse icon line. I will be purchasing the two models featured above. What about you?

Source http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/201...-jack-purcell/
post #48 of 604
the blue ones are pretty nice
post #49 of 604
double post
post #50 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateFresh View Post


Converse Jack Purcell (Edward Boat) Spring 2010

*The JP boat shoe is a great new addition to the legacy of the 'other' first/last name Converse icon line. I will be purchasing the two models featured above. What about you?

Source http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/201...-jack-purcell/

I really don't understand at this pricepoint why wouldn't you get Sperry's? The Authentic Original's are $5 cheaper, you get leather instead of canvas, and you know it's quality construction (not saying that the JPs are not).
post #51 of 604
not feeling the love for those faux boat shoe/sneakers
post #52 of 604
alternatives are fun? Liked the overall style or maybe he has a closet full of sperry's?

Really it all boils down to having a choice. This is also a Converse Appreciation thread so expect converse products. Just sayin, no offense.
post #53 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
alternatives are fun? Liked the overall style or maybe he has a closet full of sperry's?

Really it all boils down to having a choice. This is also a Converse Appreciation thread so expect converse products. Just sayin, no offense.

I know what thread I'm. My first sentence is a question asking why. I just like to know other people's thought processes.
post #54 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelben View Post
I know what thread I'm. My first sentence is a question asking why. I just like to know other people's thought processes.

yeah i don't see why you wouldn't just get sperrys either.

The canvas sperrys. when you're wearing deck shoes casually it can look a bit try hard, so the canvas ones are a nice compromise. either way both the converse and the sperrys would be good in summer.
post #55 of 604
What is the try-hardness to distance from boat ratio for Sperrys? Does it work on an inverse square law, as in do you have to take off your Sperrys as you step off the boat or be tazered by the fashion police? Or is it more logarithmic, where you could wear your Sperrys for a potential Sart pic in the meat packing district because just maybe you could have got lost on your way to the nearest wharf?
post #56 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
What is the try-hardness to distance from boat ratio for Sperrys? Does it work on an inverse square law, as in do you have to take off your Sperrys as you step off the boat or be tazered by the fashion police? Or is it more logarithmic, where you could wear your Sperrys for a potential Sart pic in the meat packing district because just maybe you could have got lost on your way to the nearest wharf?

nah it's just me and my self-consciousness whenever i where something which is season specific.

especially when going to uni. i've pretty much got over being self conscious now. It took a while though, especially going to uni in NZ where boat shoes would be considered "dressy" to the general public. which is why i like boat shoes to have a bit of sneaker influence. makes it more age appropriate and less dressy.
post #57 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelben View Post
I really don't understand at this pricepoint why wouldn't you get Sperry's? The Authentic Original's are $5 cheaper, you get leather instead of canvas, and you know it's quality construction (not saying that the JPs are not).

Where do you see the price?
post #58 of 604
I'm a 13E in Red Wings, and a 14 in Adidas - so with Purcells I should probably get a 14, yes?
post #59 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Where do you see the price?
http://www.amazon.com/Converse-Jack-.../dp/B00379D5U8 converse.com also has them for the same price.
post #60 of 604
Wanted to ask this about Chucks... mostly pertaining to their quality of recent years... Recently picked up my first pair of Chuck Taylors in about 5 years (excepting the Varvatos Chucks I picked up about 5 months ago). The last pair I got, and all the other pairs from before then have the traditional brown, all-rubber sole. This new pair I got... looks to have some weirdo combination of brown rubber and some kind of fibrous-looking composite? When did they start doing that? I haven't worn the new pair long enough to know how they will wear on the bottom... anyone have any input on this? Also noticed the diamond-pattern of the toe surround is quite stretched around the very front of the shoe, but more uniform on the sides. Not that I'm quite complaining about them; they just look a bit haphazardly made than all my old pairs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Converse Appreciation Thread