or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Converse Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Converse Appreciation Thread - Page 20

post #286 of 604
Whats this jack purcell talk? Thats not converse. I want traditional converse. Classic.
post #287 of 604
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorC View Post
Whats this jack purcell talk? Thats not converse. I want traditional converse. Classic.

C'mon son! Are you crazy. I understand Converse bough the Purcell brand from BF but in case you don't know, Nike also bought the Converse brand (years ago). Catch up or fall off.
post #288 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorC View Post
Whats this jack purcell talk? Thats not converse. I want traditional converse. Classic.

post #289 of 604
JPs rock.
post #290 of 604
also guys the petite vagina converse are fucking ugly
post #291 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
What is that little slit in the toe? Does it shoot laser beams?

It's a little slimmer than the average male tongue. Use your imagination. And have fun!
post #292 of 604
I guess those black woolriches are kinda kool, wish that black part of the sole wasn't glossy like that.
post #293 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateFresh View Post
C'mon son! Are you crazy. I understand Converse bough the Purcell brand from BF but in case you don't know, Nike also bought the Converse brand (years ago). Catch up or fall off.

I dont understand what who bought Converse has got to do with the fact that i dont like the look of those jack purcell shoes because they dont look like the converse that i like and am accustomed to.
post #294 of 604
The thread would be a bit more boring if all we did was talk about Chucks. I love them, but damn, there's more to Converse than Chucks.
post #295 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorC View Post
I dont understand what who bought Converse has got to do with the fact that i dont like the look of those jack purcell shoes because they dont look like the converse that i like and am accustomed to.

Cuz JPs look like this



Basically a Converse with a band-aid tape on the nose
post #296 of 604
Damn i bought converse today and they didnt have half sizes. Size 8 is too tight and size 9 too long.

Why dont they damn do half sizes in the classic white converse.? But what do you think of these?

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/co...star-hi/05562/
post #297 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorC View Post
Damn i bought converse today and they didnt have half sizes. Size 8 is too tight and size 9 too long.

Why dont they damn do half sizes in the classic white converse.? But what do you think of these?

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/co...star-hi/05562/

the beloved jack purcell comes in half sizes...
post #298 of 604
They can be tricky. I hadn't bought any all stars in quite some time 6-8 months ago, so I bought a pair of 10's. I used to be a 10.5 in Chucks (90's, early 2000's), and I'm normally a 9.5-10 in most brands of shoe. So I bought those Chucks in 10, and, they are pretty big on me. Not big enough to warrant a return, but they are big. So then (here's the part where people make fun of me, possibly) I was in a Ross for Less store about 2 weeks ago and I just happened to glance about the only pair of Chucks in the place. Carolina or Surf Blue (light blue) hi top Chucks (a color I've kinda wanted for some time, but didn't really 'need', and didn't want to spend $40 on normally). $20. They are size 9. I walked away from them but before I left the store I walked back and gambled a test fit. They actually fit quite good in a 9 (so much that I wish that prior pair I'd bought in 10's I'd gotten in 9). So I grabbed 'em. I don't know when or if I'll wear them for a while, but I couldn't pass them up at 20 bucks. So converse went from fitting me at 10.5 to a 9. Sheesh. The moral, the size-down might be a blessing. You might even try on a couple different pairs of the same size, maybe one of the sweatshop kids made a pair a little looser one day.
post #299 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorC View Post
Damn i bought converse today and they didnt have half sizes. Size 8 is too tight and size 9 too long.

Why dont they damn do half sizes in the classic white converse.? But what do you think of these?

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/co...star-hi/05562/

Get the bigger size and stick in an insole. We all know they're not the best shoes for comfort.
post #300 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDOT View Post
Get the bigger size and stick in an insole. We all know they're not the best shoes for comfort.

Well i aleady bought the 8. If i get a 9 they look like clown shoes. Too long looking. I think i can put up with the 8 being ever slightly too tight like middleclassdude said.

Just with the size 8 i wont be able to wear 2 pairs of socks if it gets cold.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Converse Appreciation Thread