or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Podcast on "The Suit"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Podcast on "The Suit" - Page 2

post #16 of 34
Podcasts are a modern concept that lack any Chicness. Microfilmed interviews are a far more elegant.
post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chic
Podcasts are a modern concept that lack any Chicness. Microfilmed interviews are a far more elegant.

Maybe, but books are so passe.
post #18 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
books are so passe.
Now you tell me.
post #19 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton
Now you tell me.

Well, take consolation in the fact that without the book there would have been no podcast interview.
post #20 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
Well, take consolation in the fact that without the book there would have been no podcast interview.

Modern books are without the Chic bruissement that earlier binding methods produce: to turn a page without a swish is vuglar in its very silence.
post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chic
Modern books are without the Chic bruissement that earlier binding methods produce: to turn a page without a swish is vuglar in its very silence.
Are you related to Tommy Chice? Hard to plic?
post #22 of 34
Aha! So wearing a necktie is NOT for Framer!



Jon.
post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Aha! So wearing a necktie is NOT for Framer!



Jon.

Certainly not!

post #24 of 34
My, how times have changed.
post #25 of 34
Lively and articulate!
You should be the one with the call in show.
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Lively and articulate!
You should be the one with the call in show.

I agree.

Jon.
post #27 of 34
You sound much different than I expected. I was thinking something more along the lines you speaking in a very monotone 100 words per minute.
post #28 of 34
I listened to both "installments" of the podcast. I quite enjoyed them. You can tell that Manton is passionate about this book and because of the interview has me very interested in buying the book.
post #29 of 34
Interesting listen. I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
post #30 of 34
I found both interviews to be most interesting. They were informative and entertaining. I highly recommend to anyone who concerned by style as an intellectual topic.
http://whatareyouwearingtoday.blogspot.com/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Podcast on "The Suit"