or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Has Helmut Lang discontinued men's entirely?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has Helmut Lang discontinued men's entirely?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I know there is no s/s 10 men's collection from Helmut Lang, but I've heard conflicting stories on whether it's coming back at all. Anyone know for sure? A while back a guy at their LA store said it was just going away for one season, so they could focus on women's, while another guy I was talking to told me the collection was gone for good. Anyone else heard anything/know for sure? I could live w/o most of the collection, but think it would be a shame for their denim to go away. Definitely some of my favorite.
post #2 of 12
such crappy production, wont be missed
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post
such crappy production, wont be missed

That was my opinion of most of the line: virtually identical to Theory but with more awkward cuts and higher prices. The jeans are what I'd miss, I saw a substantial difference between the two there, and would consider the HL jeans almost on par with recent Rag & Bones in terms of denim and construction.
post #4 of 12
helmut lang pricing was absolutely unbelievable considering the majority of the stuff was made in china and lang isn't even designing anymore
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP View Post
That was my opinion of most of the line: virtually identical to Theory but with more awkward cuts and higher prices. The jeans are what I'd miss, I saw a substantial difference between the two there, and would consider the HL jeans almost on par with recent Rag & Bones in terms of denim and construction.

agree, the jeans are good, shouldve qualified that
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post
agree, the jeans are good, shouldve qualified that

And during sale season they were unbeatable. Between the last sale at the store and the recent Gilt sale I ended up with four pairs, raw straight, raw relaxed, black raw straight and medium washed straight, each for $78-98. No real reason to buy the rest of the stuff, even on sale.
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP View Post
And during sale season they were unbeatable. Between the last sale at the store and the recent Gilt sale I ended up with four pairs, raw straight, raw relaxed, black raw straight and medium washed straight, each for $78-98. No real reason to buy the rest of the stuff, even on sale.

ok gilt sale. ridiculous. sooo ridiculous. i bought a pair at barneys for above gilt prices (130ish) and i still thought it was a great deal.
post #8 of 12
did the two designers decide to go back to designing habitual denim (which was their claim to fame)?

the helmut lang label has been a big joke since he left. it's been akin to an alternate reality where renzo russo of diesel suddenly takes over the head designer position at dior.
post #9 of 12
I really liked many of the designs from this past season-- was the construction just not up to par? It's certainly not a theory clone, at least from an aesthetic standpoint.
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post
I really liked many of the designs from this past season-- was the construction just not up to par? It's certainly not a theory clone, at least from an aesthetic standpoint.

Materials and construction just really aren't there, especially at their prices. I, personally, found a lot of the fits somewhat awkward on pants and blazers. While their aesthetic isn't quite a Theory clone, their materials feel and look very similar. There are so many brands out there with great $300 pants, $200 shirts and $600 jackets and theirs really weren't up to snuff. That said, as I've said many, many times, I'd take their denim over most comparably priced ($250-275) jeans any day because of fit, denim and construction quality and color.
post #11 of 12
Helmut Lang on the whole is poor quality, but I often see staple items for 75%+off.
post #12 of 12
I bought a button down shirt and black dress jeans from Gilt for probably $150ish total and was really happy with the cut of both. In fact, I wish I could get the shirt in other patterns/colors.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Has Helmut Lang discontinued men's entirely?