or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Highly Underrated/Unknown Movies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Highly Underrated/Unknown Movies - Page 22

post #316 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Defending Your Life is a lot better than it's BO would indicate. While there are some massive directorial mistakes, Albert Brooks' easy touch with sad-sack comedy timing carries it through.

lefty

Hated it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post


After Hours, underrated Scorsese. Shitty BO and mixed reviews, but a hell of a lot of fun.

lefty

One of my favorites.

I'll submit "Joe Versus the Volcanoe" as an underrated movie. It's certainly flawed, and I wish that I could erase the last 10 minutes from my mind, but some parts are pure genius.
Quote:
"You were hinting around about clothes. That happens to be a very important topic to me, sir. "
Quote:
"Have you thought much about luggage, Mr. Banks?"

"No."

"It is the central preoccupation of my life."
post #317 of 401

I don't know if JvtV is underrated as it's pretty badly directed and cast. Which hurts as it's from one of my favourite screen writers.

 

Tank Girl. Way ahead of it's time. Loved Lori Petty and a young Naomi Watts as Jet Girl.

 

lefty

post #318 of 401
Totally forgot about this one:

Until the End of the World (1991)

My favorite Wim Wenders film
post #319 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

I don't know if JvtV is underrated as it's pretty badly directed and cast. Which hurts as it's from one of my favourite screen writers.

Tank Girl. Way ahead of it's time. Loved Lori Petty and a young Naomi Watts as Jet Girl.

lefty

I remember liking Tank Girl as a kid, but watched it a few years ago and holy shit, it was like nails on a chalkboard. Very much of its time.
post #320 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I remember liking Tank Girl as a kid, but watched it a few years ago and holy shit, it was like nails on a chalkboard. Very much of its time.

ffffuuuu.gif


t-saint

confused.gif
post #321 of 401

Yeah. It was an editing and directorial mess, but it broke a lot of visual ground and was way ahead of it's time.

 

And...

 

 

lefty

post #322 of 401

In the same vein. While not underrated or unknown as it is a huge cult hit, there probably are a few kids who haven't seen it.

 

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension!

 

 

lefty

post #323 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Hated it.
One of my favorites.
I'll submit "Joe Versus the Volcanoe" as an underrated movie. It's certainly flawed, and I wish that I could erase the last 10 minutes from my mind, but some parts are pure genius.

"I'm not arguing that with you."
post #324 of 401
post #325 of 401


I love love love this movie. I mentioned it in the "movies I watch over and over thread" and then picked it up at the video store over the weekend. The actor who plays Martin is excellent, but overall the production values are pretty sketchy, so this is one movie that I think I'd like to see remade.
post #326 of 401
Pontypool. Maybe it's well known but I never heard of it before it randomly showed up on Netflix.
post #327 of 401
NOSSSSSSFERRRRRATTTUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post



I love love love this movie. I mentioned it in the "movies I watch over and over thread" and then picked it up at the video store over the weekend. The actor who plays Martin is excellent, but overall the production values are pretty sketchy, so this is one movie that I think I'd like to see remade.
post #328 of 401

Not underrated, but somewhat forgotten ... LA Story.

 

Steve Martin's magically realistic look at life in LA.

 

.

 

lefty

post #329 of 401
"You think with a financial statement like this you can have the duck?"
post #330 of 401

I love that movie. The freeway sign that offered love advice? Genius.

 

lefty

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Highly Underrated/Unknown Movies