or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Highly Underrated/Unknown Movies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Highly Underrated/Unknown Movies - Page 20

post #286 of 412
again, street kings and babylon ad.

street kings shows that reeves is an awesome actor.
post #287 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

again, street kings and babylon ad.
street kings shows that reeves is an awesome actor.

I don't know if I would follow you as far as "awesome", but he is good in that role and it is a good movie. One of my favorite writers James Ellroy wrote the screenplay.
post #288 of 412
also repo men
post #289 of 412
Strange Days is underrated I think. Also Near Dark from the same director (Kathryn Bigelow, who did The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty), although that one at least has a sizeable cult audience.
post #290 of 412
strange days is pretty good. would have been a lot better if it was made 5 years later when CGI was better.
post #291 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

again, street kings and babylon ad.
street kings shows that reeves is an awesome actor.

While those films may be unknown, neither are underrated. They are pieces of shit.
post #292 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Strange Days is underrated I think. Also Near Dark from the same director (Kathryn Bigelow, who did The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty), although that one at least has a sizeable cult audience.

I'll give you Near Dark, which was much better than Lost Boys, but Strange Days was hyped to all get out. And it's actually not very good past fifteen minutes in.
post #293 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

While those films may be unknown, neither are underrated. They are pieces of shit.

nope. babylon ad, especially the director's cut, is a surprisingly cool post-apocalyptic film. and street kings has excellent atmosphere and forrest whitaker is always a winner. masking keanu reeve's inability to convey emotion as alcoholism is a good choice.
post #294 of 412

Next of Kin.

 

I don't know how "unknown" it's generally considered to be, but everyone who I suggest it to has never heard of it.

post #295 of 412
Dunno if Bottle Rocket has been mentioned, but that movie is great

Big Night, Tucci was funny in it

Safety Not Guaranteed was really fun and from this year (oops last year), not many saw it

Rampart was also from last year or the year before, didnt get enough credit
post #296 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneil4lom View Post

Next of Kin.

I don't know how "unknown" it's generally considered to be, but everyone who I suggest it to has never heard of it.


Liam Neeson FTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

nope. babylon ad, especially the director's cut, is a surprisingly cool post-apocalyptic film. and street kings has excellent atmosphere and forrest whitaker is always a winner. masking keanu reeve's inability to convey emotion as alcoholism is a good choice.

No.
post #297 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Safety Not Guaranteed was really fun and from this year (oops last year), not many saw it

+1, loved this movie.
post #298 of 412
The Guard. No one still knows about this movie. Its WAY too funny and well acted to be this underrated.
post #299 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

The Guard. No one still knows about this movie. Its WAY too funny and well acted to be this underrated.

Cheadle was in that, dude. How can that be unknown?
post #300 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Cheadle was in that, dude. How can that be unknown?

Ask anyone you know if they've seen it. I don't even think it got released stateside.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Highly Underrated/Unknown Movies