• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Porsche Panamera

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beacuse it is so much more impressive in person than in pictures. the Turbo for your viewing pleasure.

-Jeff

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still not impressed. Must be a picture thing.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Someone in Healdsburg owns the 4S. I see it driving around. I think it is ugly as sin.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its fugly in real life. I may test drive one, but honestly cant get past the looks....its just fugly.

Regards.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
It is better in real life than in pictures. Overpriced to be sure, but still a far better attempt than the Cayenne.
One passed me last week on the freeway, I honesly feel the design is even more awkward in real life.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, it's better in real life from the front, but worse from the rear.

My auto journalist friend got a Turbo to drive around in for a day, so I got to ride around in it. When the throttle is mashed, it takes off, but it definitely feels tame, probably because of the traction control, plush seats, and suspension. You do the same in the 911 Turbo and you feel like your head is going to fall off. The console is insanely busy with buttons going from the nav screen, all the way around the shifter, and back to the arm rest. It's also super plush in the back seat and really refined, almost too much if you're a Pcar enthusiast. I had the hardest time dealing with opening the back doors because they're weighted using hydraulics so they don't move, like when opening them on an incline. I'm sure you get used to that knowing that's how they work, but when I first tried to use them, it was like trying to push open a door that weighed 500 pounds, and I was afraid if I pushed too hard, they'd give and fly open, hitting a tree.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I test drove one last week. Ugly as sin, but a great interior.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I test drove one last week. Ugly as sin, but a great interior.

I agree about the interior but the back seats are not made for tall people like the 700 series BMWs.

Over all it is a nice car but it just isn't amazing or special. A Porsche should be amazing.

chas

Reaction score
I think it is beautifu.. But I like a nice thick ass.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen it in person a few times. DOesn't do anything for me.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Eh, it's better in real life from the front, but worse from the rear.

Exactly. One was behind me the other day and I thought it looked damn nice through my rear view mirror but as I watched it drive past me I saw the hideousness of the rear. And this is coming from a guy who owned and loved the style of the Cayenne.
laugh.gif

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
porsche's version of the scaglietti, eh? looks interesting.

and if i owned/loved a cayenne, i wouldnt be talking

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Porsche depreciation can be rather savage.
I was comparing numbers for a lease on 2010 Cayenne GTS v. 2010 BMW BMW 5GT with TT V8 (in its 1st model year).
Same cap cost; same mileage allowance; same length of contract.
Neither party disclosed the money factor, though I don't reckon it differs wildly.
Anyhow, by my calculation the Porsche will end up costing - gasp - $17K more !
That would be without BMW "free" maintenance factored in, btw.
As far as Panamera goes, the extrerior is fairly tolerable in real life.
The optional Burmester sound system is said to be nucking futs
bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads