or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Woolrich WM FW10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woolrich WM FW10 - Page 2

post #16 of 318
The vest in the last frame layered over the maine guide jacket would look great over my maine guide from this year. Its not even spring 2010, and I'm alread thinking about F/W '10. I have a problem.
post #17 of 318
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like Mark McNairy is going to replace Daiki when his tenure is up. It'll be interesting to see if/how the brand changes.
post #18 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like Mark McNairy is going to replace Daiki when his tenure is up. It'll be interesting to see if/how the brand changes.

Beat me to it!
post #19 of 318
^^^
that is exciting, his 'new amsterdam' stuff is slightly trad WWM... it'll bee interesting to see the direction he takes the line in.
post #20 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like Mark McNairy is going to replace Daiki when his tenure is up. It'll be interesting to see if/how the brand changes.

This rumour has been going around for a long time. Where was this published? I will of course google once I finish this sentence. It could be rather cool, if he would just make a WWM collection without dirty bucs or saddle shoes.
post #21 of 318
what are those shoes in the first pic?
post #22 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder View Post
This rumour has been going around for a long time. Where was this published? I will of course google once I finish this sentence. It could be rather cool, if he would just make a WWM collection without dirty bucs or saddle shoes.
Here. Robin also just put it up on Mister Crew. Right, robbie- I'm wondering if it will take more of a trad turn, which would make it more wearable to me.
post #23 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like Mark McNairy is going to replace Daiki when his tenure is up. It'll be interesting to see if/how the brand changes.

digital camo bowties for everyone!
post #24 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Here. Robin also just put it up on Mister Crew. Right, robbie- I'm wondering if it will take more of a trad turn, which would make it more wearable to me.

Thanks, for posting it, I had already found it though. It had spread like a wildfire across a lot of blogs.

I have been buying way, way more WWM on behalf of EG lately.

I am a bit sceptical, I do however think that Mark could put out a good collection. Maybe making a bit more trad, as you have suggested. Woolrich is so much, if you look at their archieve, so it could go in any direction basically, so trad is an option for sure.

I'm really interested in WWM's progress, I hope he doesn't ruin it.
post #25 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicreducer View Post
digital camo bowties for everyone!

Yes please


Have you seen that WWM links to Shoreman's write up on the McNairy stand at Capsule on their Twitter?
post #26 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder View Post
Thanks, for posting it, I had already found it though. It had spread like a wildfire across a lot of blogs.

I have been buying way, way more WWM on behalf of EG lately.

I am a bit sceptical, I do however think that Mark could put out a good collection. Maybe making a bit more trad, as you have suggested. Woolrich is so much, if you look at their archieve, so it could go in any direction basically, so trad is an option for sure.

I'm really interested in WWM's progress, I hope he doesn't ruin it.

If anything I think there will be more cross-over between WWM and EG stylewise. In the past DS would design for both and push things that were outside the WWM archives to EG, but with MN at the helm now his trad sensibilities will certainly align with the trad elements in EG if he chooses to explore that side of WWM's history.
post #27 of 318
need hooded poncho in my life.

sart inclined and wwd wrote about the direction mark mcnairy wants to take wwm in: http://www.valetmag.com/the-edit/cur...ndex1_top_lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWD
"It's not going to be red-and-black buffalo check — that I can tell you," McNairy told WWD. "I think I'll end up adding a military aspect and some Ivy League."
post #28 of 318
Some images (lookbook shots?) at slamxhype.

post #29 of 318
post #30 of 318
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TintoTerra View Post
That navy/black plaid is sexy. Thinking about getting that vest or another maine guide jacket.

More stuff on Frans Boone: http://fransboone.blogspot.com/2010/...i-tods-en.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Woolrich WM FW10