or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › C&J sizing (Hallam, Connaught)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&J sizing (Hallam, Connaught)

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone. I am purchasing either C&J Hallam or Connaught (still debating on which to get as I have no previous experience from C&J) and I was wondering about the size. Do they run TTS, small, large or what? I am 10D in A&E so which size should I get?

Next on my list is a monk, Malvern or Lowndes. How's the sizing on those?

Thanks!
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega View Post
Hi everyone. I am purchasing either C&J Hallam or Connaught (still debating on which to get as I have no previous experience from C&J) and I was wondering about the size. Do they run TTS, small, large or what? I am 10D in A&E so which size should I get?

Next on my list is a monk, Malvern or Lowndes. How's the sizing on those?

Thanks!

The usual advice is to go down a full size. UK9 = US10. I followed that advice when buying a pair of C&J (on the 348 last - same as the hallam) and they fit fine.
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuffone View Post
The usual advice is to go down a full size. UK9 = US10. I followed that advice when buying a pair of C&J (on the 348 last - same as the hallam) and they fit fine.

+1
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuffone View Post
The usual advice is to go down a full size. UK9 = US10. I followed that advice when buying a pair of C&J (on the 348 last - same as the hallam) and they fit fine.

These are the two CJ that I own. The Connaught is smaller than the Hallam lengthwise. If you are a 10D you would get a 9E in both, but the Connaught will fit tighter. Use http://plal.com/.

I would take pictures, but I just conditioned them, so the shine is off.
post #5 of 8
I have the Hallam in an 8.5E UK and just got sized at the Allen Edmonds store as a 10D. Don't actually own a pair of AE though, so I can't say for sure that 10D is my correct size
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuffone View Post
The usual advice is to go down a full size. UK9 = US10. I followed that advice when buying a pair of C&J (on the 348 last - same as the hallam) and they fit fine.

The Hallam and Belgrave are nice, arent they?
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob digital View Post
I have the Hallam in an 8.5E UK and just got sized at the Allen Edmonds store as a 10D. Don't actually own a pair of AE though, so I can't say for sure that 10D is my correct size
I would say for the #5 last though the one size rule is probably a good one, esp if you're somewhat on the narrow side.. I'm a 7.5D in the PAs but in some of their other lasts I'm probably more like a 8C - I got toe rub on a few AEs trying on random pairs at Nordstroms rack. FWIW I did try out an 8C on the PA and they were too long based on ball of foot position. I don't have 348s yet (got the Lowndes on the way) but have the Audleys in a 6.5E and the fit is very similar to my PAs/McAllisters. The Audleys are slightly roomier in the toebox and bit snugger in the heel, but how my foot rests in them lengthwise feels similar.
post #8 of 8
I own both the Hallam and Connaught in 7.5E. Fit is about the same for both. The Hallam is possibly a bit more narrow in the toe area, but not by much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › C&J sizing (Hallam, Connaught)