or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2462  

post #36916 of 37077
Trying to conjure up spring with linen and flowers while still making my peace with Old Man Winter's stubborn presence.

[/talkinglikeCrusty]


post #36917 of 37077
x-post from CBD



post #36918 of 37077
I have to go mingle with the unwashed masses of Traffic Court this afternoon.

So, I am in the New Orleans approved, and not too flashy, rig. BB vintage sack, Polo OCBD, vintage Elliot Gant tie and Florsheim Imperials in Shell.

Mike



post #36919 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I have to go mingle with the unwashed masses of Traffic Court this afternoon. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


So, I am in the New Orleans approved, and not too flashy, rig. BB vintage sack, Polo OCBD, vintage Elliot Gant tie and Florsheim Imperials in Shell.

Mike




As defendant or counsel?

I love the color on those longwings.
post #36920 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
[/spoiler]

I like this very much, although I am not in love with the square. I think it is the fold more than anything.

Mike

The square was picked very quickly, and without much thought - it apparently shows
post #36921 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
As defendant or counsel?

I love the color on those longwings.

Thanks, Org.

It is my ticket. However, being an attorney has its advantages in Traffic Court.

Mike
post #36922 of 37077
post #36923 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Thanks, Org.

It is my ticket. However, being an attorney has its advantages in Traffic Court.

Mike

Indeed it does (thankfully, for my driving record), however, beware the "idiot as a client" syndrome!
post #36924 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshaw View Post
Hmmmm, what could there be in that large box? A new suit?

Was wondering the same thing, Joe - except the box said "Heavy" - maybe a new winter overcoat?!


If it was your box, Thomas, it would be harp.
post #36925 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post




Always, your posts show good taste and good fit. Today is especially good. The cut, fit, of the coat is clean with a nice silhouette.
post #36926 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn View Post

Looking at several of your recent shots, I am going to make a suggestion.

Your jackets look odd. They have these closed quarters and look somewhat boxy. They also seem short, and have small lapels. Compounding this is low rise pants, where the waistline is clearly revealed by the high buttoning point of the jacket. It is making your legs look short, and your torso very long. That may very well be the way you are built, but there is no sense in wearing clothes that accentuate such. You would be served by clothes that offer a better balance.

Mike
post #36927 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMWCL View Post
Indeed it does (thankfully, for my driving record), however, beware the "idiot as a client" syndrome!

LOL, I am not getting anywhere near the judge.
post #36928 of 37077
Edgar Allan Pwn - I think Mike hit it on the head with the fit suggestions. Also, the pocket square in this particular get-up doesn't add anything to the look. As for the tie, pattern aside, it seems to me that skinny ties like this only look good with either very fashion forward fits or retro fits....of which, yours is neither. Quite a step back from your last submission (with the orange tie and a great double FIH knot).
post #36929 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Trying to conjure up spring with linen and flowers while still making my peace with Old Man Winter's stubborn presence.

[/talkinglikeCrusty]

Talking like Crusty? You say that like it's a bad thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post
Always, your posts show good taste and good fit. Today is especially good. The cut, fit, of the coat is clean with a nice silhouette.

This suit's fit was cleaned up quite a bit after I posted photos in this thread, and was soundly (and rightly) thrashed for boxiness pre-alterations. My local alterations tailor in lower Manhattan (Joseph, on Dey St.) did a very good job of "de-boxing" (like de-toxing, only sartorial).
post #36930 of 37077
This is a new one right out of the box


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II