or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2459  

post #36871 of 37075
post #36872 of 37075


With dark brown captoes
post #36873 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post

what jacket model is this? is this what people talk about when they say "natural shoulder"?
post #36874 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappelan View Post

Cool sweater
post #36875 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEstSidE View Post
what jacket model is this? is this what people talk about when they say "natural shoulder"?

I think this is the Polo II. I will check if you would like. To answer the other question, yes, this has a natural shoulder. Polo does this quite well.

Mike
post #36876 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn View Post
I was hoping for some opinions on fit. This is NOT the same suit I was wearing earlier. I just picked it up, and wanted some seasoned opinions as to whether this suit would benefit from alteration, or if I should simply return it. It's BNWT. No previous alterations.

My inexpert opinion is that the shoulders look right, but it's pinching above the waistline, which is most evident from behind. I honestly have no idea how complicated an alteration that would be. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong other than, of course, sleeve and pant length.

Thoughts?


Return it. It is terrible. Sorry, man.

Mike
post #36877 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Return it. It is terrible. Sorry, man.

Mike

Don't sweat it. Could I ask why, though? The first suit I bought I think I did okay on, but it cost me quite a pretty penny, and I had a lot of help from the staff. The thing is, I can't build a wardrobe like that, I can't afford it.

I'd like to know where I went wrong here. I thought the shoulders were good, it didn't feel too tight around the chest or waist, and I figured the reason the pants were hanging so disgracefully was the fact that they were horribly pressed at the time of purchase.

I didn't see the bunching in the rear in-store, but I did at home. Again, I don't know if that's something that can be fixed when having it altered.

What am I missing?
post #36878 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn View Post
Don't sweat it. Could I ask why, though? The first suit I bought I think I did okay on, but it cost me quite a pretty penny, and I had a lot of help from the staff. The thing is, I can't build a wardrobe like that, I can't afford it.

I'd like to know where I went wrong here. I thought the shoulders were good, it didn't feel too tight around the chest or waist, and I figured the reason the pants were hanging so disgracefully was the fact that they were horribly pressed at the time of purchase.

I didn't see the bunching in the rear in-store, but I did at home. Again, I don't know if that's something that can be fixed when having it altered.

What am I missing?

It looks terrible and is too small.
post #36879 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn View Post
Don't sweat it. Could I ask why, though? The first suit I bought I think I did okay on, but it cost me quite a pretty penny, and I had a lot of help from the staff. The thing is, I can't build a wardrobe like that, I can't afford it.

I'd like to know where I went wrong here. I thought the shoulders were good, it didn't feel too tight around the chest or waist, and I figured the reason the pants were hanging so disgracefully was the fact that they were horribly pressed at the time of purchase.

I didn't see the bunching in the rear in-store, but I did at home. Again, I don't know if that's something that can be fixed when having it altered.

What am I missing?

I am not an expert, but I will tell you what I see.

What really draws my eyes is the quarters, which are very closed, except that open gap below the button. It looks like the jacket that Threadbearer had made that went so wrong.

The shoulders are ok, chest fits. But the lapels are very small and the buttoning point is pretty high

The waist is not fitting properly and it is pulling in back there, which is creating folds below the armpits.

The pants seem to have a low rise, and they are not working with your body type.

It just looks strange, it looks big and then at the same time, small. There is no real waist suppression, but the back is tight around the waist. It is also short, which throws off the balance.

It is just not flattering, man. I think you can do much better.

Mike
post #36880 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I am not an expert, but I will tell you what I see.

What really draws my eyes is the quarters, which are very closed, except that open gap below the button. It looks like the jacket that Threadbearer had made that went so wrong.

The shoulders are ok, chest fits. But the lapels are very small and the buttoning point is pretty high

The waist is not fitting properly and it is pulling in back there, which is creating folds below the armpits.

The pants seem to have a low rise, and they are not working with your body type.

It just looks strange, it looks big and then at the same time, small. There is no real waist suppression, but the back is tight around the waist. It is also short, which throws off the balance.

It is just not flattering, man. I think you can do much better.

Mike


Thank you.
post #36881 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I think this is the Polo II. I will check if you would like. To answer the other question, yes, this has a natural shoulder. Polo does this quite well.

Mike
thanks. i've heard that they do natural shoulder well, but you know what they say about seeing and believing. i have two jackets from them, both princeton models, but they are not nearly this natural looking. now i want a polo 1/2, just waiting to find the right one.
post #36882 of 37075
EAP, it has a very bad balance problem, among other issues. The back is too long and the fronts too short, relative to your body shape and stance. This is not something that can be corrected with alterations.
post #36883 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEstSidE View Post
thanks. i've heard that they do natural shoulder well, but you know what they say about seeing and believing. i have two jackets from them, both princeton models, but they are not nearly this natural looking. now i want a polo 1/2, just waiting to find the right one.

I will check for you in the morning and let you know. Most of the Corneliani Polo stuff I have has nice shoulders. I also have some older USA made Polos that have nice, but structured, shoulders.

I am a big fan of Polo.

Also, look at Old Dog's pics, he is a Polo guy.

Mike
post #36884 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
EAP, it has a very bad balance problem, among other issues. The back is too long and the fronts too short, relative to your body shape and stance. This is not something that can be corrected with alterations.

I appreciate it.

It's packed up and ready to be brought back. I really wasn't too sure about it to begin with, but I wanted a second opinion, and really didn't know what could and could not be corrected.

Hopefully the next suit won't be such a glaring mistake.
post #36885 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaux_le_Vicomte View Post
After my "Great Berber Morocco" experience a more serious stuff.



Thinking that this suit does not go with this shirt. The patch pockets and 3 roll 2 of the jacket want to go with a more casual shirt. Or the formality of the white spread collar wants a more structured suit. Somehow, this just doesn't quite jive. But I like the parts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II