or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2433  

post #36481 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
Thank you, gentlemen.

You shot that, Harvey? Holy fuck. /Challenge.

Mike
post #36482 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Opinions on my new tie above? Got it today, not sure if it's too busy but I like the pattern. From afar it looks pretty cool, imo.
I like the tie.. Overall I like the outfit but there appears to be too many colors going on for me. IDK, it could be my screen (it doesn’t show colors in all their brilliance) but let me know if my eyes are deceiving me. I see green sox, gray trousers, tan SC, blue tie, blue shirt, white pocket square and black shoes. Can’t really see the belt. And deets on those shoes kind Sir?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
Guess this is pretty close to me when I feel like suiting up (was mostly taking pics to check proportions on this suit and happy it's warm enough to even think of wearing it). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This outfit is killer. I love the coordination and the fit in general. One thing I’m not a fan of is the pant length. I know in this day and age that many like to show their shoes off but these seem to be showing ankle too even when you’re standing. Too short IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Probably the last chance I will have to bust this out this season. Of course, when I am in the "Raise the Bar Challenge," my sleeve gets all torqued out of whack. Oh well, here it is. Mike
I do like this Mike. Very sharp/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post
[/SPOILER] Freddie Fresh… I like this, a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
In lieu of a long-awaited but never materialising seersucker challenge, here's my entry for the Friday 'Gold Standard' challenge: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Although I do appreciate the attempt I was lost by your choice of footwear with this fit. I think it could have benefited from a nice brown Italian cut anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post
Pants aren't hemmed yet: [SPOILER] Cuffs or flat? Pants are fully lined (to the very bottom front and back).
I would probably stay non cuff on those pants. I typically opt for cuffs on more dressy trousers. BTW… You PS exploded.
post #36483 of 37075
Just Incredible, gentlemen - very handsome and all winners IMHO- Congrats!!

Fred49 -

J. Cogburn -

aeglus-
post #36484 of 37075
Hey, Spoo - meant to include your post in my previous comment/post...BTW, Nice cuffs, man!!!


post #36485 of 37075
I feel slightly unworthy here today...but here gos nothing!
Challenge?







I need a

-TTO
post #36486 of 37075
Some great looks today folks, way to raise the bar
Harvey...your a B*****d, I think with your esculation of the game you should probably win next weeks challenge too!
Spoo, that purple chalkstipe fabric is awe----some!!!
Where can I cop!
Aeglus, great suit, not sure about the shoes and tie, but the fit is great!
Mike, always love that suit, I am green with envy whenever you bring it out.
Fred49, you look, as usual, great! Love your style man.
Holdfast, simply put, perfectly you...really good!
J. Cogburn, great fitting suit, don't like the tie, but maybe the photo doesn't do it justice? I like the shoulders, a strong look but it's a good one too!
Everyone else good show, well done for participating!
-TTO
post #36487 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
]

The shoulders, though most emphatic, seem to work for you - a striking image, certainly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
[/center]

Nice suit, but call me old-fashioned, for me the trouser legs are too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Love me, hate me, take me or leave me, this is me doing me.
*also debuting a new suit

]

Me likey, O Spoo-meister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
[/spoiler]I like this tie very much. No sheen, and the colors are rich. Well done Crusty.

And that's why God gave us ancient madder . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
Friday Challenge

Bottom left captures the essence of acridsheep:


From one of the photos, it appears that your trouser legs are too long (a common occurrence - mine do that all the time), but the other looks better - a momentary illusion? As for suit color, for someone with your color preferences, of course the suit is charcoal! Doh . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post

]

Love the fabric, and that the trousers are actually the right length - only quibble is the button placement - they're too close together for my preferences, but otherwise you do lovely work today, Counselor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
I like the tie. Cut of suit is fine, but I'm not keen on the fabric..

A nearly exact quote from my late husband when I bought the suit - oh, well . . .
post #36488 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBatMan View Post
I like the tie.. Overall I like the outfit but there appears to be too many colors going on for me. IDK, it could be my screen (it doesn't show colors in all their brilliance) but let me know if my eyes are deceiving me. I see green sox, gray trousers, tan SC, blue tie, blue shirt, white pocket square and black shoes. Can't really see the belt.

And deets on those shoes kind Sir?

Thanks man, but haha your monitor IS deceiving you! My pictures kind of suck, but they're different than what you're seeing. Very dark brown ribbed socks which look pretty much black irl, dark gray trousers, light gray SC, blue tie, light blue shirt with a light herringbone pattern, white square, black shoes and belt.

The shoes are thrifted Mercanti Fiorentini's; they're low quality but I like the design and they're comfortable, so they're doing the job for now. Found them in pretty much brand new condition. I've got plans for some AE's soon though.
post #36489 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Looks good, Mike. Like the knit tie with glen plaid DB.

Thanks, Parker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBatMan View Post
I do like this Mike. Very sharp


Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post
Mike, always love that suit, I am green with envy whenever you bring it out.



Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

And that's why God gave us ancient madder . . .

Love the fabric, and that the trousers are actually the right length - only quibble is the button placement - they're too close together for my preferences, but otherwise you do lovely work today, Counselor.

I guess I need an ancient madder.

The buttons have been moved, but they were somewhat close to begin with. I know, it is an issue. Took three times to get it right....

Mike
post #36490 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post
Some great looks today folks, way to raise the bar J. Cogburn, great fitting suit, don't like the tie, but maybe the photo doesn't do it justice? I like the shoulders, a strong look but it's a good one too!
Everyone else good show, well done for participating!
-TTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshaw View Post
Just Incredible, gentlemen - very handsome and all winners IMHO- Congrats!!

J. Cogburn -

Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
The shoulders, though most emphatic, seem to work for you - a striking image, certainly!

Very kind of you all, thanks.

I have very square shoulders, so it's not all the suit. The shoulders in the suit are structured - just not as much as you may think. I'm told, however, that it's the classic British cut (at least, as interprited by the most classic of those houses, Henry Poole). Could it be that our steady diet of A&S expats, Rubinacci, and Chan has rendered this look exotic - or is it that it's not as "Poolish" as my tailor leads me to believe? Perhaps you Brits can enlighten me.
post #36491 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
I have very square shoulders, so it's not all the suit. The shoulders in the suit are structured - just not as much as you may think. I'm told, however, that it's the classic British cut (at least, as interprited by the most classic of those houses, Henry Poole). Could it be that our steady diet of A&S expats, Rubinacci, and Chan has rendered this look exotic - or is it that it's not as "Poolish" as my tailor leads me to believe? Perhaps you Brits can enlighten me.

I have to admit to being a fan of the Poole/Military cut. I also have very flat shoulders. Every time I feature a look even close to this...it is shot down. Would be nice to have one of this type in the closet though....

Mike
post #36492 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I have to admit to being a fan of the Poole/Military cut. I also have very flat shoulders. Every time I feature a look even close to this...it is shot down. Would be nice to have one of this type in the closet though....

Mike

I like the look too, but I'm not a hater re drape cuts, Rubinacci, etc. It's just that the only really good bespoke tailor in DC is William Field and this is what he does. I decided it's worth staying local because (a) it's convenient, (b) his price point is south of what I'd get in New York, (c) I don't have the patience for the touring tailors and waiting a year or more for a suit, (d) I really like Will, and (e) I want to work with the same guy over the long haul. So ... it's good enough for me.

My plan is two bespoke commissions a year after the black tonik suit is delivered by his Fieldness (it's for nights out guys, so calm down), so in a few years, the closet will move from RLBL to ... this.

Mike, you will be pleased!
post #36493 of 37075
By the way, it's perhaps worth noting that a friend of mine from London who used to be a senior editor at The Economist was recently on a panel with me and afterwards brought up my suit. "I must say that you are looking extremely British - far more British than most all the Brits I've ever known!" I took it as a very positive comment.
post #36494 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
I like the look too, but I'm not a hater re drape cuts, Rubinacci, etc. It's just that the only really good bespoke tailor in DC is William Field and this is what he does. I decided it's worth staying local because (a) it's convenient, (b) his price point is south of what I'd get in New York, (c) I don't have the patience for the touring tailors and waiting a year or more for a suit, (d) I really like Will, and (e) I want to work with the same guy over the long haul. So ... it's good enough for me.

My plan is two bespoke commissions a year after the black tonik suit is delivered by his Fieldness (it's for nights out guys, so calm down), so in a few years, the closet will move from RLBL to ... this.

Mike, you will be pleased!



Black tonik (or is it tonic??). that should actually be cool. Small lapels? Sheen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
By the way, it's perhaps worth noting that a friend of mine from London who used to be a senior editor at The Economist was recently on a panel with me and afterwards brought up my suit. "I must say that you are looking extremely British - far more British than most all the Brits I've ever known!" I took it as a very positive comment.

I would too.

Mike
post #36495 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
By the way, it's perhaps worth noting that a friend of mine from London who used to be a senior editor at The Economist was recently on a panel with me and afterwards brought up my suit. "I must say that you are looking extremely British - far more British than most all the Brits I've ever known!" I took it as a very positive comment.

I think even the Italians could concede this was a compliment!
-TTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II