or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2431  

post #36451 of 37070
Ralph Lauren + Dsquared + Borelli
post #36452 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
The fit on that jacket is really good though.

Mike
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico2007 View Post
Like. Details on boots?
Thank you. The boots are Herring Burghs - just off the plane from England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMWCL View Post
0b5cur1ty Love the boots and all around fantastic Friday fit!
Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post
Ob5, perhaps I've been taking the discussion over in PSG's thread a bit too seriously, but I thought another bit of blue would knock it into too-matchy-matchy territory.
That comment was from JKMWCL, not me... Actually, I was just thinking that this nice fit would be nicer still with a plain white PS...
post #36453 of 37070


post #36454 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjung01 View Post



I know I shouldn't, but I like that first one. It is out there, but I think you manage it.

The second is a well executed classic.

Mike
post #36455 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
Appologies for the somewhat blury images - still trying to figure out this new digital camera of mine. Anyway, today's rig features the third wearing of my bespoke William Field DB with light blue shirt and silver/grey ribbled Ben Silver tie.


Looks like a shot from the set of Mad Men. Very nice.

However, I dislike shiny satin ties during the daytime.
post #36456 of 37070
Is it just me, or are a lot of posts being preceded with disclaimers today?

Here's mine. I don't have a gold standard yet because I'm still learning the ropes, and in the company of these particular competitors I feel as out of my element as a member of the Jamaican bobsled team. That said, here goes nuthin'.



post #36457 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Yeah, I hear you. Out here in the Hinterlands, we have to drive places. I would love to hop a train to my office in the morning. I have to drive what is literally the longest continuous span of bridge in the world....it is awful. It also is no good for your license/insurance/blood pressure.

Hearing you say that (well, reading it, but you get the picture) makes me happy to swipe a MetroCard through a slot in order to get where I need to go (at least from the apartment to the office and back again). I've actually walked from my office to my home - in an emergency (the blackout of 2005) - some 2.5 hours of strolling (in August - not a fun thing, even up North) from Wall St. to the Upper West Side.

Try that over Lake Pontchartrain!
post #36458 of 37070
Thanks for the concern ndw, but I vacuum quite regularly. Maybe instead of making a jab at me you can actually say something about my clothes next time!
post #36459 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico2007 View Post
Not harsh at all.

The suit/pant contrast I was unsure of too until spoo posted this fit the other day

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Maybe mine still off a bit.
SC certainly needs some work.

As the old adage goes;

Just because it looks good on Spoo,

does not guarantee it will look good on you
post #36460 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post
Is it just me, or are a lot of posts being preceded with disclaimers today?

Here's mine. I don't have a gold standard yet because I'm still learning the ropes, and in the company of these particular competitors I feel as out of my element as a member of the Jamaican bobsled team. That said, here goes nuthin'.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Nice suit and tie, TB. No to the shirt.

Mike
post #36461 of 37070
Friday's challenge...

Choice of two...by day or by night???

By day....



By night....



Have a great weekend.
post #36462 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacCords View Post
Friday's challenge...

Choice of two...by day or by night???

By day....



By night....



Have a great weekend.

By night. 100% by night.

Mike
post #36463 of 37070
Pants aren't hemmed yet: Cuffs or flat? Pants are fully lined (to the very bottom front and back).
post #36464 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post
Pants aren't hemmed yet: Cuffs or flat? Pants are fully lined (to the very bottom front and back).
I'd definitely leave them without cuffs.
post #36465 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
Honestly, I think this is excellent, and deserves praise..

It clearly fits nicely and the colours are strong but co-ordinated well. I know a lot of people dislike built-up shoulders, but I just can't see why they get disliked so much when there are such good examples of it, like this. A good military-inspired suit; nice one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post
Very nice, though it is a bit tricky to get a full evaluation of the all-too-tricky DB fit without a full standing shot. But oh, so damn classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
Looks like a shot from the set of Mad Men. Very nice.

However, I dislike shiny satin ties during the daytime.

Thank you all. The tie is not satin - it's a ribbed steel grey tie. It's not as shiny in real life as this photo makes out, but it does have some shene. Almost donned the grey grenadine today but I've been overwearing it of late and I haven't used the Ben Silver in a while. Even so, you might be right about the shene.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II