or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2429  

post #36421 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
In lieu of a long-awaited but never materialising seersucker challenge...

I envy your weather.
post #36422 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
with fear of retribution again i will say the jacket and pants look baggy to me. but hey i guess thats your style and thats more than cool by me. i do like the look though, a deviation of your standard that ive seen, casual friday huh?

No man, you hit it on the head. It really is all wrong ...baggy jacket, baggy pants highlighted by tiny little shoes and the ps comes out of nowhere....OD/OT has MUCH better fits than this that, even with his loose fitting style, come across well put together and, I assume, fit his personality and taste. This is just not one of them.

Fred, on the other hand, KILLED it! Bravo and good luck with the kitchen upgrade.
post #36423 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Vacuum seems nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barims View Post
^ Like it? PM me

^I think Navi needs it more - please PM him for his address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

^I really like this HF. Great fit, nice colors and patterns. Definitely in line with some of your better looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post


^looks like there may be an issue with the button placement, but otherwise great look and nice fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Love me, hate me, take me or leave me, this is me doing me.
*also debuting a new suit



^Nice, Spoo. Love the fit and deceivingly subdued palate. Also, the cuffs are

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
[b][u][color="DimGray"]


^AS - the color palate is similar to what I'd consider my gold standard - charcoal suit, white shirt, navy tie, but I think the fit needs a little work. Maybe a little less break and slim the trouser leg slightly below the knee and then a tad more shape in the waist of the coat (it actually looks like it may be one size too big?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post


^This suit is great every time you post- buttons seem a lil close together but that's more of a nit and probably something that'd go unnoticed by 99% IRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
...

in stitches overall fit of suit is pretty good. looks like its a little roomy in the chest, but otherwise pretty clean. Sleeve length looks fine to me, but I don't like a too short sleeve and maybe a little less break in the trous, but kind of hard to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

^Damn Fred - I love that suit and tie combo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
Not sure there's all that much to say. The look is OK, but there's nothing particularly outstanding to praise, or egregious enough to damn. It's just a moderately-fitting, moderately-coordinated, passable outfit. It feels flat and lifeless at the moment. Of course, that last sentence acquires a whole new light if read in conjunction with your intended plans for the night!

+1 - agree with this statement. It also made me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post



^TWD - I feel like many of the fits you post (particularly the coats) could use a little more shape in the waist/body. You appear to have a long torso and without shape in the coat they just appear boxy and kind of hang there lifeless. By way of example, it appears Spoo has a long torso, but the way his coats are tailored and nipped at the waist really help downplay that length (if that makes any sense). Just my .02.
post #36424 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
[/spoiler]

I don't know where you are, but it is not Seersucker weather just yet...not even in NOLA. I am sure there will be a Seersucker/Summer Suit challenge down the road.

Mike

*Looks outside* Blue sky, shiny sun. *Looks at thermometer* 82F........
post #36425 of 37075
@ NDW:

I appreciate the feedback and I think it's warranted. I will stick to my preference for hard three button jackets but I have had a few to the tailors for nipping at the waist (not this one ... yet!) and they usually come back better for it.
post #36426 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yizz View Post
*Looks outside* Blue sky, shiny sun. *Looks at thermometer* 82F........

post #36427 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
@ NDW:

I appreciate the feedback and I think it's warranted. I will stick to my preference for hard three button jackets but I have had a few to the tailors for nipping at the waist (not this one ... yet!) and they usually come back better for it.

I don't have an issue with the hard three button, and it seems to work for your frame, but I think nipping the waist would really elevate the whole look and markedly improve the fit. If you remember to, please post a before and after comparison once you get it tailored. Also, jealous that it is warm enough to wear seersucker where you are...
post #36428 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post


Not sure there's all that much to say. The look is OK, but there's nothing particularly outstanding to praise, or egregious enough to damn. It's just a moderately-fitting, moderately-coordinated, passable outfit. It feels flat and lifeless at the moment. Of course, that last sentence acquires a whole new light if read in conjunction with your intended plans for the night!

Thanks for the comments. You're right..it all needs work. I dress casual every day, so I'm a noob at all of this. I am determined.


Might wear this instead Shirt courtesy of B&S. Thanks, Roguls.

post #36429 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yizz View Post
*Looks outside* Blue sky, shiny sun. *Looks at thermometer* 82F........

Looks out window.....sunny sky, high of 79, humidity of around 85%.....and I am in a flannel DB.

Mike
post #36430 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico2007 View Post
Thanks for the comments. You're right..it all needs work. I dress casual every day, so I'm a noob at all of this. I am determined.


Might wear this instead Shirt courtesy of B&S. Thanks, Roguls.


That is better, lose the Dad jeans.

Mike
post #36431 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndw View Post

*looks at workpile & deadline calendar* *looks at cabinet in kitchenette, sees a bottle o Johhnie Black*
post #36432 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Looks out window.....sunny sky, high of 79, humidity of around 85%.....and I am in a flannel DB.

Mike

Daaaamn! lol
post #36433 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
That is better, lose the Dad jeans.

Mike
Thanks.
They look so much darker IRL. Will try some other pants.
post #36434 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico2007 View Post
Thanks.
They look so much darker IRL. Will try some other pants.

Also, pull down the sleeves...they seem to be bunching up.

Mike
post #36435 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Looks out window.....sunny sky, high of 79, humidity of around 85%.....and I am in a flannel DB.

Mike

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. I was gonna go flannel DB but couldn't stomach it even at 72 degrees, 60%.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II