or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2418  

post #36256 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Damn, you guys are cold

So seriously - why? I've worn the pants with this jacket a hundred times and everyone loved it. The shirt is a totally innocuous pale blue, the tie is sedate next to the loud pants and comprises all the colors of the fit. The cardigan, yeah it's borderline Spoozy, I can see that. Pocket square - a soft floral silk twill to offset the dry texture of the straight geometric lines of the wool pants and tie, and cashmere jacket. Shoes...well, I felt frisky

So I ask this - if I lost the cardigan and wore socks with, say, a wingtip - how would you feel about that?

Acrid - shoes are a croc belly penny by A.Testoni black label. One of the most perfectly symmetrical skins I have seen. I love em. Just picked up from distinctive's mega thread.

Thanks as always for your advice my dudes.
Solid pants would have been much better. The pattern of the pants, tie, ps, overall color combo, and texture of the gators all come together in a way that's not pleasing to the eye.
post #36257 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Damn, you guys are cold

So seriously - why? I've worn the pants with this jacket a hundred times and everyone loved it. The shirt is a totally innocuous pale blue, the tie is sedate next to the loud pants and comprises all the colors of the fit. The cardigan, yeah it's borderline Spoozy, I can see that. Pocket square - a soft floral silk twill to offset the dry texture of the straight geometric lines of the wool pants and tie, and cashmere jacket. Shoes...well, I felt frisky

So I ask this - if I lost the cardigan and wore socks with, say, a wingtip - how would you feel about that?

Acrid - shoes are a croc belly penny by A.Testoni black label. One of the most perfectly symmetrical skins I have seen. I love em. Just picked up from distinctive's mega thread.

Thanks as always for your advice my dudes.

Honestly, Spoo....I despise the cardigan. But, I hate the look of cardigans in general, and especially under jackets. Also you have on a jacket and a sweater and then no socks. This seems to be cold up top, warm down below, it just does not jibe. I think if the tie had been closer to a solid and either you wore socks with the loafers, or different shoes...it would have been much better.

Mike
post #36258 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post

Overall I like this fit very much. I especially like the texture/pattern play of the tie and shirt. The only thing that throws me a bit is the ps, the turquoise (?) dots seem to be a bit out of place. But you know me...I like teh white linenz
But those shoes are
post #36259 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Honestly, Spoo....I despise the cardigan. But, I hate the look of cardigans in general, and especially under jackets. Also you have on a jacket and a sweater and then no socks. This seems to be cold up top, warm down below, it just does not jibe. I think if the tie had been closer to a solid and either you wore socks with the loafers, or different shoes...it would have been much better.

Mike

I get that. Cold up top, warm down low. Didn't even think of that. Thanks mike.
post #36260 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post



Were you beaten up by an Irish gang as a child? Looks like you are giving St. Pat a big F-U!
post #36261 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
^ I actually thought my fit today would get more praise than criticism. I have a lot to learn, I guess.

For the record, I thought that the bow tie was in proportion to your face, and worked with your outfit - why Mr. Dawg saw red - dunno, can't say.

As for my accessory moderation - it's been that way for most of this week, but it's an unnatural phenomenon - I could fall off the minimalist wagon at any time
post #36262 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post





Not sure about the fit, because of how you are standing...but I have to say, now that is STYLE!
post #36263 of 37077
Spoo, all dressing requires a careful balance, from the ensembles that are plain to the ones brimming with artifice. Simply put, many competing pieces seemed to be thrown together - and believe me, I enjoy dressing to see what I can get away with - but the anchoring piece or pieces was missing. Besides, you've nicer cut dress slacks already I'm dissecting my most recent ensemble on my blog-column later and as an example of balance-seeking, I consciously focused all of the patterns I used around my torso
post #36264 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
^ I actually thought my fit today would get more praise than criticism. I have a lot to learn, I guess.

Tie the bow a little smaller. This is easy to accomplish, just reduce the size on the spread. I assume it is an adjustable tie. I usually set my adjustment to an inch less than my actual neck size. When I started with bows I would tie these big ass bats that I would spend 20 minutes getting perfect. I did not know that there is supposed to be a level of slop and looseness with a bow. Some people take this too far, IMHO, I like it crisp. I now aim for crisp, with enough slop to make it seem less thought out. (I know, that is the antithesis of the concept, but fuck it).

The square should have been a different color, like regular old white, or another color. Too matchy with the shirt. Are those shirt buttons smoked MOP? I think that is a cool tie in with the suit color, but others may not like it. In terms of fit, I can't really tell due to the pose.

Mike
post #36265 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
For the record, I thought that the bow tie was in proportion to your face, and worked with your outfit - why Mr. Dawg saw red - dunno, can't say.

As for my accessory moderation - it's been that way for most of this week, but it's an unnatural phenomenon - I could fall off the minimalist wagon at any time

Thanks Crusty, and if you fall off the wagon, you'll at least have some gold/silver/jewels to bargain with the locals for a ride to catch up to the wagon further on down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post
Not sure about the fit, because of how you are standing...but I have to say, now that is STYLE!

Thanks, MrD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Tie the bow a little smaller. This is easy to accomplish, just reduce the size on the spread. I assume it is an adjustable tie. I usually set my adjustment to an inch less than my actual neck size. When I started with bows I would tie these big ass bats that I would spend 20 minutes getting perfect. I did not know that there is supposed to be a level of slop and looseness with a bow. Some people take this too far, IMHO, I like it crisp. I now aim for crisp, with enough slop to make it seem less thought out. (I know, that is the antithesis of the concept, but fuck it).

The square should have been a different color, like regular old white, or another color. Too matchy with the shirt. Are those shirt buttons smoked MOP? I think that is a cool tie in with the suit color, but others may not like it. In terms of fit, I can't really tell due to the pose.

Mike

They are smoked gray, but simple plastic, not MOP. Thanks for the advice on the size of the bow. I still don't see how it's too big, but it's nice to know that there is a way to make it smaller.
post #36266 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Tie the bow a little smaller. This is easy to accomplish, just reduce the size on the spread. I assume it is an adjustable tie. I usually set my adjustment to an inch less than my actual neck size. When I started with bows I would tie these big ass bats that I would spend 20 minutes getting perfect. I did not know that there is supposed to be a level of slop and looseness with a bow. Some people take this too far, IMHO, I like it crisp. I now aim for crisp, with enough slop to make it seem less thought out. (I know, that is the antithesis of the concept, but fuck it).

The square should have been a different color, like regular old white, or another color. Too matchy with the shirt. Are those shirt buttons smoked MOP? I think that is a cool tie in with the suit color, but others may not like it. In terms of fit, I can't really tell due to the pose.

Mike
I am actually liking the big bow...it's making a statement..sort of like Windsor Bow Knot.
post #36267 of 37077
Seriously, Mr. Mike?



DrunkDay2.jpg?
post #36268 of 37077
^ If it's Tuesday, he's wasted. But considering it's Thursday...
post #36269 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
Seriously, Mr. Mike?



DrunkDay2.jpg?



I would have called them Drunk Irishman Day, but you know...don't want to offend people.

The entire city will be wasted today. It is unreal down here. Mardi Gras just ended, then immediately thereafter you have the Irish Channel Parade, which is the first St. Patrick's Parade. Today there is a downtown St. Patrick's parade, this weekend there is the Metairie (suburb of New Orleans) parade and then somewhere mixed in are the Italian American parades and the Irish-Italian parade.

Any excuse to have a parade, get drunk and throw shit at people. That is New Orleans.

Mike
post #36270 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post
I am actually liking the big bow...it's making a statement..sort of like Windsor Bow Knot.

I tend to find big bows more elegant when they're butterflies, not bats
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II