or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2352  

post #35266 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

The new look is wonderful. Congrats. 5 years off, fresher.
post #35267 of 37075
I like that outfit presto - could DTO it myself right now. Birds of a feather!

OK fellas, which tie? Not a great picture, its a royal blue gingham shirt - should I tone it down with the dark navy grenadine or spice it up with the elctric blue grenadine? Assume either my navy suit or silver gray microcheck suit. Cheers.

post #35268 of 37075
Fresh upr_crust. Love it. Agree that the slimmer leg on the trousers looks better too.
post #35269 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post
The new look is wonderful. Congrats. 5 years off, fresher.

Pretty much unanymous eh crusty? I've always believed that clean shaved >>> facial fungus and here you've provided more evidence for the case!
post #35270 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoozy View Post
Trou seem a bit of, compared to the rest of your outfit. Rest is a good start...

Thanks. They aren't as bright as they appear in the picture, the color balance of my camera is rather crap. It's more of a flat red, not so shiny looking.

What kind of trousers would you go for with that outfit?
post #35271 of 37075






post #35272 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post
I covet this jacket.

I love it too much to part with it. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
Nice fabric on the jacket. What's the contrast like with the trousers?

In person it's quite good. Those are dark charcoal trousers and they play quite nice with each other.
post #35273 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoozy View Post
:Good choice on the glasses and the beard
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
- really dig the new look too UC. frames are tres bien.
- the suit though should go. include that in your "purge"

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post
The new look is wonderful. Congrats. 5 years off, fresher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonchris View Post
Fresh upr_crust. Love it. Agree that the slimmer leg on the trousers looks better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
Pretty much unanymous eh crusty? I've always believed that clean shaved >>> facial fungus and here you've provided more evidence for the case!

God, who knew that a little facial hair removal could engender such a reaction? Nii, the suit stays until I know whether it will fit with the slightly lighter weight me (your judgment stated in your usual forthright manner). Otherwise, thank you all.
post #35274 of 37075
following the constructuve criticism given, i decided to post up next to something closer to my income bracket



more on the dark side ...
post #35275 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
I like that outfit presto - could DTO it myself right now. Birds of a feather!

dark navy man. keep the electric/royal blue grenadine for a summer outfit
post #35276 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
dark navy man. keep the electric/royal blue grenadine for a summer outfit

Thanks Nii - I see you are a fan of the gingham too. If I go with the navy, there will be a red pocket square as I need some colour against monochrome blue!
post #35277 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post



Vastly improved. You look much better sans facial hair and with new glasses. As others have commented, jacket is too tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
First fit on here in a while. I've been hanging out with the cool kids on the otherside of the playground, and only been popping back for the odd catchup.








(sorry for the poor quality pics).

Good to see you MOK. Have you lost weight? Where do the "cool kids" hang out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post


On a visit to the dry-cleaners to drop off a couple of suits, I was advised by a likeable (and clearly knowledgeable from the brief conversation we had) fellow who was dropping off what seemed to be Liberty tie, that I should have brightened up the look with a stronger choice of tie. Sadly, I didn't have time to discuss it further, as I was en route to an appointment. Thoughts?

I love this suit. Agree about the tie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestosmp View Post
A look from my weekend. It's been a while since I have posted.


Nice youthful look, Presto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
following the constructuve criticism given, i decided to locate post up next to something closer to my income bracket





LOL.
post #35278 of 37075


Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Relaxed lounging:

Cordings RTW cords
T & A Gingham bespoke shirt
post #35279 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

Welcome back. 3 piece looks great but... trouser length off a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

On a visit to the dry-cleaners to drop off a couple of suits, I was advised by a likeable (and clearly knowledgeable from the brief conversation we had) fellow who was dropping off what seemed to be Liberty tie, that I should have brightened up the look with a stronger choice of tie. Sadly, I didn't have time to discuss it further, as I was en route to an appointment. Thoughts?
I think you did right just as you are... but you probably knew that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestosmp View Post
Other than the small bunch of cherries you appear to have stuck in your lapel buttonhole, this is a really nice combination. I don't like tasseled loafers, but that's a personal prejudice; colour-wise they tone fine with the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix View Post

Lovely overall effect. but crying out for a solid tie. That one's too busy / has a pattern too close in scale to that of the shirt, IMO.
post #35280 of 37075
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II