or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2221  

post #33301 of 37075
From last night.


Hand position wasn't doing me any fit favors.
post #33302 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by "6" View Post
Details on the boots and sunglasses pls!

Thanks. Boots are Peal for BB, sunglasses are RayBan Aviators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Not sure what it is, but I like this far more then your usual efforts upr_crust. Not that there are anything wrong with your usual fits, just that you and I have slightly different tastes. I do like this though.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinted voice View Post


Aside from the flower (not my thing), everything looks great. Nice roll on that collar.
post #33303 of 37075

By mikaelsson82 at 2011-02-13
post #33304 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinted voice View Post

Nice concept. I'd have liked it more if the jacket had wider lapels and if you undid another button on the shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBaker View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hand position wasn't doing me any fit favors.

Liking the clean colour scheme here.





Drizzly and overcast Sunday...

post #33305 of 37075
At first I was a bit unsure about the colours (SC + trousers), but then I liked them.

post #33306 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullb View Post
Today.
It could have worked for the Friday challenge




I like this a lot. Great shoes and the balmorals are a nice contrast with the faded jeans, which are refreshing to see after so much dark denim. Also love the slight stacking of the denim rather than cuffing. I like cuffing too, but the stacking looks great with these jeans and the graceful shoes. Bravo.
post #33307 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinted voice View Post
Happy Sunday! Since some regular posters have decided to step out for a while, thought I would give it another go. Early Spring weather look.



lovely collar roll on the shirt. nice combo overall DV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBaker View Post
From last night.


you are right about the hand positioning, but overall it looks like a nice suit anyways. buttoning point might be a little high, but it may again be due to your hand positioning. who makes the suit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

By lifestylemanager at 2011-02-13

boss!! congrats to your moms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
....

i like the choice of tie/suspenders - and for wearing black shoes with a suit that needs black shoes. pretty strong suit for a sunday, but i reckon the occassion calls for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_ View Post
At first I was a bit unsure about the colours (SC + trousers), but then I liked them.

- Jan, i think you should invest in a new pair of frames, something a little more modern to give your face some more visual interest (God - sounds gay but thats the best i could come up with!!).
- also, i'd avoid earth on earth tones. they are very hard to pull off. i'd stick with gray pants when you wear earth toned jackets or very light chinos.
- all your jackets appear to be structured (and in some cases dated), which may the stylistic choice i reckon you are going for (structured). yet they dont fit as well as a great structured jacket should. i think you should try other jacket fits (either a well cut strong shoulder or a softer shoulder) to see if the results will be better. IMO softer shoulders would work on you, but thats just my opinion not having seen you up close.
post #33308 of 37075
Beautiful sun today.



Sammy (looks long due to low camera angle), BB, APCs, Alden, GO 60s (new strap)



post #33309 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
- Jan, i think you should invest in a new pair of frames, something a little more modern to give your face some more visual interest

They're from 2008. Too old? Well, I won't switch them too often since I wear special glasses and changing the frame means making new glasses. New glasses = 600 EUR minimum.

Quote:
- also, i'd avoid earth on earth tones. they are very hard to pull off. i'd stick with gray pants when you wear earth toned jackets or very light chinos.

You're right. I was in an experimental mood today and was surprised that it didn't look that bad to me.

Quote:
- all your jackets appear to be structured (and in some cases dated), which may the stylistic choice i reckon you are going for (structured). yet they dont fit as well as a great structured jacket should. i think you should try other jacket fits (either a well cut strong shoulder or a softer shoulder) to see if the results will be better. IMO softer shoulders would work on you, but thats just my opinion not having seen you up close.

The majority of my jackets are structured, right. Most of them are Regent Handtailored; they use a hardly changing design. The one on the left is new from 2009, the right one is around 20 years old (that's why I wear it so often, it feels good but is not such a loss if something happens to it):



Note that I'm small and boxy and it's hard for me to find something that is both comfortable in the shoulder/chest area and not too long. If you'd rate both on a scale from 1 (bad) to 10 (good), where are both jackets in your opinion?

Thanks for your comments so far. Much appreciated.
post #33310 of 37075
Jan, may I suggest taking another stance for your photos. The broad stance is quite unfavorable for you and makes you look even more boxy and somewhat "plump".
I like your Regent jackets. You should wear them with high-waisted, a little wider and draping trousers. These trousers are better worn with braces than belts.

High-waisted trousers would work much better with your proportions than the typical mid- or low-waisted trouser which are mainstream right now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_ View Post
They're from 2008. Too old? Well, I won't switch them too often since I wear special glasses and changing the frame means making new glasses. New glasses = 600 EUR minimum.



You're right. I was in an experimental mood today and was surprised that it didn't look that bad to me.



The majority of my jackets are structured, right. Most of them are Regent Handtailored; they use a hardly changing design. The one on the left is new from 2009, the right one is around 20 years old (that's why I wear it so often, it feels good but is not such a loss if something happens to it):



Note that I'm small and boxy and it's hard for me to find something that is both comfortable in the shoulder/chest area and not too long. If you'd rate both on a scale from 1 (bad) to 10 (good), where are both jackets in your opinion?

Thanks for your comments so far. Much appreciated.
post #33311 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
Jan, may I suggest taking another stance for your photos. The broad stance is quite unfavorable for you and makes you look even more boxy and somewhat "plump".

Right. Those pictures are older. In the meantime I started reading books on portrait photography and changed my posing already (as can be seen in the picture from earlier that day). This is another shot from today (but since I wasn't wearing that outside--just testing how it looks--I didn't post it):



Quote:
I like your Regent jackets. You should wear them with high-waisted, a little wider and draping trousers. These trousers are better worn with braces than belts.

High-waisted trousers would work much better with your proportions than the typical mid- or low-waisted trouser which are mainstream right now.

That's a very good point. I already have two grey trousers that are high-waisted, but I only wear them with a sweater since I'm afraid that they look too outdated when worn with a shirt. But I'll investigate into your advice. Thanks.
post #33312 of 37075
post #33313 of 37075
Thanks for the comments.

HF...I agree on the lapel width. I am starting to go a bit wider on my lapel widths, but love the pattern of this coat! I may eventually phase this one out, but it is great for casual wear.

UC....Thanks. I agree that the flower is the definition of "affected."

Nii....I have to get thanks to Phatty G on the collar roll. He helped me out quite a bit with the specs.
post #33314 of 37075
Brioni trenchcoat
Brioni suit
Etro scarf
NM pocket-square
NM gloves
IB tie
Brioni shirt
Fleming belt
Brioni socks
Gucci tassel loafers
Creed cologne
GP watch
post #33315 of 37075
Today:



Indies:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II