or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2204  

post #33046 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post
I am completely iced in and can't get out of my driveway. Why not get dressed up?



Cats love lounging on my tweed.




Hell's yeah! I love it! And I respect(?) a guy who ties and and dons a velvet bow-tie when he gets iced in. Are the pants Mabitex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace View Post

Who makes the shirt?
post #33047 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
Drycleaning shops do indeed (in my case) fold them like that for me - trust me, I like buying shirts, but not so much that I would only wear one once.
Why not just get them on hangers? Eliminate that annoying horizontal fold. Am I missing something? Mine come weekly on hangers and are wrinkle free.
post #33048 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmax View Post
Why not just get them on hangers? Eliminate that annoying horizontal fold. Am I missing something? Mine come weekly on hangers and are wrinkle free.

In a small New York apartment, there is more drawer/shelf space than hanging space, and I've a LOT of shirts, hence, they are folded.
post #33049 of 37077






post #33050 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartorialism View Post

Who makes the shirt?

Borrelli
post #33051 of 37077

post #33052 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post
I am completely iced in and can't get out of my driveway. Why not get dressed up?



Cats love lounging on my tweed.




I love the look today. The pant and shoe combo is killer.
post #33053 of 37077
^^^^ Love it. Great trousers.
post #33054 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post


Awesome
post #33055 of 37077
Thanks, y'all. I decided to go berzerk today since I'm stuck inside and everything. The pants are Mabitex, yep!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace View Post

Nice tie! Who made it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix View Post

You kick so much ass at subtle, eye-pleasing color/texture combos. Really superb.
post #33056 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Deets on the scarf? Looks like a beautiful cashmere grey plaid with lilac overpane? Stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Grr...sunny day is playing havoc with my photos.

That jacket is tremendously good, both in terms of fit and style on you. Nice one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post

What's the pen in the foreground? I'm always fond of that kind of marbling effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post
Love the lapels on that SC, and I like this more "casual"/softer look on you.

Thanks! I suppose it is slightly less formal, yes. Part of it was an early morning appointment, something I haven't had to contend with for a little bit, so I wasn't feeling particularly sharp when choosing what to wear. Maybe I should decide while half-asleep more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post
I think I remember that jacket as part of a 3-piece...?

Very good memory; yes it is.

That suit (and therefore this jacket) is MTM Ede, and I also have other 2B MTM suits from them as well. The other 2B suits lack a waistcoat, and I find the buttoning point on them to be a bit lower than this one (and so, more flattering when worn without waistcoat). I don't know if it was deliberately shifted upwards a touch on this jacket because I ordered a waistcoat (perhaps to ensure the right amount of waistcoat showing?), or whether I'm just imagining things. I ought to compare properly at some point, or ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post
I am completely iced in and can't get out of my driveway. Why not get dressed up?

That makes me smile. The trousers and bow tie are wonderfully eccentric. And bright enough to melt any ice, surely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace View Post

In case the shirt was made for you, would you happen to recall which fabric book? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix View Post

You know I usually love the imagination and colour choices driving your outfits, but I'm not feeling this one. I think it's the combination of yellow shirt and yellow waistcoat. Something about the shades being used is just a fraction off to my eye (more so in terms of the shirt) and with such a daring tightrope-walking outfit, I think that small difference is enough to throw it off slightly.

Still miles ahead of many though.
post #33057 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
You know I usually love the imagination and colour choices driving your outfits, but I'm not feeling this one. I think it's the combination of yellow shirt and yellow waistcoat. Something about the shades being used is just a fraction off to my eye (more so in terms of the shirt) and with such a daring tightrope-walking outfit, I think that small difference is enough to throw it off slightly.

Still miles ahead of many though.

+100.
post #33058 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtownGreg View Post
Mix & Match Wednesday, yes the knot needs work.





Details:




Jcrew, HY, BB, JLC, Aldens, moleskine

This is IMO a very nice casual outfit. It also looks comfortable. Three thumbs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix View Post







Sir, you are, hands down, the overall best dresser here.
post #33059 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
What's the pen in the foreground? I'm always fond of that kind of marbling effect.

It's a one-off handmade piece I picked up in a small shop many years ago. Not sure of the case material but I'm guessing that it's a resin. It also uses a Schmidt Iridium point.

Here's a closer shot:
post #33060 of 37077
Thanks for the comments on yesterday's look. After much soul searching, though, I've decided to keep my earrings...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II