or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2184  

post #32746 of 37077
The walls are a cream color, but not as yellowish as the photos look. I'll have to check the white balance - as I've only started playing with the camera this weekend, I'm still low on the learning curve. I would like to avoid the flash - I get enough negative feedback on shiny surfaces in my photos as it is, and I don't mind a bit of chiaroscuro, if the rest of the color range is correct.

Unhappily, my living room is a typical NYC apartment - long, narrow rooms, and if I change the locality of the photo setup, the world will see what a sty the place really is

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post
I'd try to stay away from the (camera) flash. The auto white balance seems off (or are the walls yellowish?); maybe try a different setting (based on the type of light you use).

If you have the room to put the camera further away from you and zoom in a bit, that would help improve the pics as well.
post #32747 of 37077
Yeah, my place faces west so I only have good light in the afternoon. I want to do good WAYWRN photos, but lighting is an issue and I don't have a tripod, or anybody to take pictures of me. If my lady is over I am always gone before she wakes up. I would feel silly asking coworkers...
post #32748 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
The walls are a cream color, but not as yellowish as the photos look. I'll have to check the white balance - as I've only started playing with the camera this weekend, I'm still low on the learning curve. I would like to avoid the flash - I get enough negative feedback on shiny surfaces in my photos as it is, and I don't mind a bit of chiaroscuro, if the rest of the color range is correct.

Do you use daylight, artificial light (or maybe a mix)? Saturation looks high too; maybe it would help to lower it a bit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
Unhappily, my living room is a typical NYC apartment - long, narrow rooms, and if I change the locality of the photo setup, the world will see what a sty the place really is

Hehe. I see.
post #32749 of 37077
It's mostly artificial light, though there may be more daylight as spring arrives.

I'll have to check out the settings - I'm still learning what the camera can (and cannot) do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post
Do you use daylight, artificial light (or maybe a mix)? Saturation looks high too; maybe it would help to lower it a bit.
post #32750 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post

Pure style. This is your first post? You're right up there with best; fit is spot on and this particular shirt / sport coat / watch combo is fantastic.
post #32751 of 37077
havent posted in a while... too much to catch up/comment on but particular kudos to Spoo - that purple sweater/windowpane s/c fit was all win. That was you at your best - colorful, yet well put together.
post #32752 of 37077

Today: Stripes on tartan ...


One pic from over the weekend ...


Textures ...


more on the dark side
post #32753 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
It's mostly artificial light, though there may be more daylight as spring arrives.

I'll have to check out the settings - I'm still learning what the camera can (and cannot) do.

I understand. There are probably a few artificial light settings for the white belance. Good luck.
post #32754 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBatMan View Post

D@m... Awesomeness at it's finest, Sir! BTW... deets on those shoes???


Cheers DBM! The shoes are Magnanni, however I don't know the model. I got them at the Rack so they didn't come with a box or any other information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip1978 View Post
Is that so they match your "smokey eyes"?

Looks good.

I'm glad you noticed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty View Post
Stop this consistent excellence at once.

LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
Stellar, as usual, though I think I prefer you in slightly darker colors. That is strictly my personal preference however, and should rightly be summarily dismissed.

Thanks acrid! I too prefer darker colours and my next suit purchase will be a grey suit a few shades darker than this one.


Finally enough snow has been cleared for a smoke break shot

post #32755 of 37077
It's all about grey today.



post #32756 of 37077
^ Me Likey!
post #32757 of 37077

post #32758 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
[/url]

Love the shoelaces/bowtie interplay!
post #32759 of 37077
[quote=Orgetorix;4100709][quote]

Great Suit
post #32760 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
That glenn plaid is friggin' awesome. Love the patch pockets. Very sweet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II