or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2169  

post #32521 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post

Those boots are badass. Tell us more...
post #32522 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Miserable, awful rainy day in New Orleans. As such, I was forced onto the porch. Sorry about the pics, I did the best I could in the lighting and short distance conditions.

BLUE CHALLENGE!!!

I think I had some sprezz left over from last week that snuck out. My collar pin/tie bar is only Sterling Silver though....I don't roll as deep as Graeme.

Anyway, have a great day and try to stay dry/warm.

Mike

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Mostly like it though I think chocolate brown or black shoes would be much better.
post #32523 of 37070
Blue challenge, da ba dee da ba dai...



Full disclosure: this is yesterday's fit, held over for the challenge. Fridays are difficult days for me to wear challenge-worthy fits because my office is so casual.
post #32524 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Nice job, HF. That is some serious blue working.....
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
... Mrs. Spoo bounced on me.
Break something when doing so, did she?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Miserable, awful rainy day in New Orleans.
I think a white (or white/blue patterned) shirt would have lifted this a lot, esp. on a dark day. A solid blue shirt with everything else blue can make the look seem a bit "murky". A lighter shade solid blue would have worked too. (black shoes would have rocked, too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Blue challenge, da ba dee da ba dai...
The blue-man pic is awesome. You're going to get a vote from me just for that. (good suit too)
post #32525 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


the p/s and tie are a great duet!! i think you have to find a way to get a full shot, because this has the potential to look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
Mostly like it though I think chocolate brown or black shoes would be much better.

i actually like the color of the shoes (maybe not the styling). i think the color takes it away from conservative dress to panache, which is right in line with the other sprezz on display. very nice choice.

Orgetorix - not a fan today. Something about the suit makes it look dated. Cant put my finger on it.

Upr_Crust - thats a lot going on.

NOBD - not boring, but not enough oomph for the challenge. maybe i have extremely high (too high?) expectations of your challenge outfits ... lol.
post #32526 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
Those boots are badass. Tell us more...

TBNY. Bought them at Saks years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
Mostly like it though I think chocolate brown or black shoes would be much better.

Well, black would have been safe. This is the Challenge, and I like to hang it out on Challenge day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

I think a white (or white/blue patterned) shirt would have lifted this a lot, esp. on a dark day. A solid blue shirt with everything else blue can make the look seem a bit "murky". A lighter shade solid blue would have worked too.

(black shoes would have rocked, too)


I had three shirts out. Blue and white gingham, dark blue and white striped and this. I chose this because I wanted a monochrome look. The gingham was too busy IMHO and the stripes were the same grade as the stripes in the suit. Although it does not come over well in the photos, the shirt is the identical color to the stripe in the suit. It was a natural choice. The shoes, see above.

Mike
post #32527 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
i actually like the color of the shoes (maybe not the styling). i think the color takes it away from conservative dress to panache, which is right in line with the other sprezz on display. very nice choice.

Well, just my personal opinion but if the shirt was white, then the color would feel less imbalanced. Blue shirt and it just feels like there's too much attention to the boots, which isn't always a bad thing... but the striped nature of the suit sorta makes me not like it in this case. Mostly just nitpicking.
post #32528 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
Well, just my personal opinion but if the shirt was white, then the color would feel less imbalanced. Blue shirt and it just feels like there's too much attention to the boots, which isn't always a bad thing... but the striped nature of the suit sorta makes me not like it in this case. Mostly just nitpicking.

Keep in mind that everything is somewhat dark in the photos. The boots are much more in the light than the top half. IRL, the suit and shirt are much more vibrant and the contrast is less intense between the items. I wish it had been a nice day today, the pics would have shown things much better.

Mike
post #32529 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I had three shirts out. Blue and white gingham, dark blue and white striped and this. I chose this because I wanted a monochrome look...
The trouble in my eyes is that "a monochrome look" doesn't go with the colour of those boots, for the reason aeglus gives. From the range you mentioned, I think the gingham shirt and black shoes would have been a better balance, assuming all the other items remain the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
Well, just my personal opinion but if the shirt was white, then the color would feel less imbalanced. Blue shirt and it just feels like there's too much attention to the boots, which isn't always a bad thing... but the striped nature of the suit sorta makes me not like it in this case. Mostly just nitpicking.
Yes, that's exactly what I see too. And yes it's nitpicking, but where would we be on SF without that.
post #32530 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
Beg to differ. There's NOTHING boring about this look:
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8...llengeblue.jpg

Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
NOBD - not boring, but not enough oomph for the challenge. maybe i have extremely high (too high?) expectations of your challenge outfits ... lol.

Hehe. I think it was time to get back to reality... I agree with the lack of oomph. Thanks, nii.
post #32531 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
The trouble in my eyes is that "a monochrome look" doesn't go with the colour of those boots, for the reason aeglus gives. From the range you mentioned, I think the gingham shirt and black shoes would have been a better balance, assuming all the other items remain the same.

Yes, that's exactly what I see too. And yes it's nitpicking, but where would we be on SF without that.

Well, next time I wear it, I will wear that combination and we can see. I have been wearing black shoes quite often lately, and I am getting weary of them. I wanted that pop of color...I was trying to look Italian today.

Further, nitpickery is what makes this place what it is! I am much happier when the fit passes muster, and the critique focuses on the accessories, as those are easier to change.

And, I am digging the fact that Nii likes this, and you'all are nitpicking.

Mike
post #32532 of 37070
Thanks guys. The tie is Drakes, knot is as aeglus described. Nii, this is as good as it's gonna get
post #32533 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Thanks guys. The tie is Drakes, knot is as aeglus described.
Nii, this is as good as it's gonna get

Is it a blue suit, Spoo?? I can't tell. Looks like it though. I like it.

Mike
post #32534 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
Upr_Crust - thats a lot going on.

Quite true - but that's what one should expect from me when left to my own devices .

Meanwhile, I can't see most of the submissions so far (nor my own posting), so if I'm not commenting yet on someone, it's not personal, it's a technical limitation (due to my employer's block of most photo-posting images).
post #32535 of 37070
First post. Sorry about crappy pics, had to use the camera phone.



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II