or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2145  

post #32161 of 37077
Back to flash photos (save for the shirt/tie/PS), and just in time for the crappy weather set to plague most of the US today, including that strange little island in the middle of the Hudson . . .









post #32162 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by someotherstyle View Post



Great looking combination!
post #32163 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
Back to flash photos (save for the shirt/tie/PS), and just in time for the crappy weather set to plague most of the US today, including that strange little island in the middle of the Hudson . . .










I love that SC!!!!! What is the make????
post #32164 of 37077
Wonky pics for a wonky welcome back to work morning AKA penance
post #32165 of 37077
Gloomy Tuesday in Atlanta, which should be nicer than pretty much every other part of the Eastern seaboard today.
post #32166 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfirees20 View Post
This is not only awesome, but timeless. I'm not saying you should ditch the hat (it looks great), but if you decided to wear the outfit on a later date sans hat, it would look perfectly modern. I personally think this is a style everyone should try to achieve.

Thanks. I wear it with and without the hat, often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbateman View Post
I really like the fabric. Who makes it?

Oxxford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndw View Post
^Definitely a classic.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartorialism View Post
I know that's not what you're saying, but let me be clear: Do not lose the hat! Under no circumstances should you lose the hat!

No worries. The hat stays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
Back to flash photos (save for the shirt/tie/PS), and just in time for the crappy weather set to plague most of the US today, including that strange little island in the middle of the Hudson . . .

I too love the sportcoat, but I don't think its color works your shirt's shade of pink. Something is jarring about the combo. I could see a pale pink working all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Wonky pics for a wonky welcome back to work morning
AKA penance

Well done as usual, Spoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
Gloomy Tuesday in Atlanta, which should be nicer than pretty much every other part of the Eastern seaboard today.

Something about the jacket/tie combo seems off. I'm not sure the patterns work well together. It may be the olive clashing with the brighter green in the tie, too. I do think you could benefit from a wider spread shirt collar, with your face shape.
post #32167 of 37077
It's Brooks Bros., a wool saxony fabric (very soft), and in their Regent model, I believe. A lucky day at the sale rack, if I remember correctly . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjeffd View Post
I love that SC!!!!! What is the make????
post #32168 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
I too love the sportcoat, but I don't think its color works your shirt's shade of pink. Something is jarring about the combo. I could see a pale pink working all right.

Something about the jacket/tie combo seems off. I'm not sure the patterns work well together. It may be the olive clashing with the brighter green in the tie, too. I do think you could benefit from a wider spread shirt collar, with your face shape.

The shirt color is fairly startling, but I am given to rather startling combinations, and in rotation, the shirt picked was the first one in the drawer that seemed to fit the bill. I will have to try the SC with a paler pink shirt for comparison.

Insofar as acridsheep's SC, I think that there is the matter of difference between the two photos - the contrast in tone (dark/light) works better between SC and tie than the closeup, which seems rather overexposed due to flash (a problem most familiar to me). Acrid could best comment on which photo is more accurate as to color/tone. If the SC's color is more accurate in the close-up, I think that the problem may be that the pattern of the tie and that of the SC are too close in scale.

Otherwise, I like the combo - the straight collar is fine, IMHO.
post #32169 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Something about the jacket/tie combo seems off. I'm not sure the patterns work well together. It may be the olive clashing with the brighter green in the tie, too. I do think you could benefit from a wider spread shirt collar, with your face shape.

I wasn't sure either. The jacket is primarily navy in color, with some gray, so I thought I'd roll the dice with the tie until I get some new solid ties in later this week.

I agree with your comment about the spread collar. Trouble is, my job does not require a jacket and tie, to the point where it may actually do me a bit of a disservice in client-facing situations, ironically enough, so I value flexibility in shirts. Spread collars are decidedly one dimensional. I'll be on the hunt for some in the future.

Nice blog by the way. Impressive how you're able to fund such great fits.
post #32170 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
Insofar as acridsheep's SC, I think that there is the matter of difference between the two photos - the contrast in tone (dark/light) works better between SC and tie than the closeup, which seems rather overexposed due to flash (a problem most familiar to me). Acrid could best comment on which photo is more accurate as to color/tone. If the SC's color is more accurate in the close-up, I think that the problem may be that the pattern of the tie and that of the SC are too close in scale.

Otherwise, I like the combo - the straight collar is fine, IMHO.

I think the flash is exacerbating the problem a bit, but I think there are better combinations to be had, regardless.

That jacket is really quite lovely, upr_crust!
post #32171 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Wonky pics for a wonky welcome back to work morning
AKA penance



Where's the chesterfield coat come from? I saw one similar at ralph lauren a few months ago.
post #32172 of 37077
^ thanks, it's Oxxford cashmere.
post #32173 of 37077
Tuesday.


post #32174 of 37077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Wonky pics for a wonky welcome back to work morning
AKA penance


That is a cool Chesterfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
Gloomy Tuesday in Atlanta, which should be nicer than pretty much every other part of the Eastern seaboard today.




I think a spread collar would be a nice improvement in your look.

Mike
post #32175 of 37077
Waiting For The Flood....or in this case the blizzard! The only thing that makes this strom worse is knowing that our dear East Coast friends are not going to get a break Hang tough gents!


So, with that and after walking the dog this moring there was a change in wardrobe...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II