or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2140  

post #32086 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Yes, it is. Also, I am beginning to think you are Bi-Polar. Insulting in one post, friendly 2 minutes later. Do me a favor, stop commenting on me. I think it will be easier that way.

- oh come on dude ... stop commenting? ... its the internet FFS ... if you dont care about my opinion, you are 100% entitled to that ... but to tell me to stop commenting?
- use the ignore button ... or you can pull a jacob kozin and sue me for libel and defamation
- lol @ calling me bi-polar because i disagreed with your opinion on a knot. this is not high school ... we all dont have to agree and circle jerk 100% of the day. stop using the forum to prop your self esteem!!
- your opinions about me have been relayed to me by your sources ...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
Back home from a couple of weeks or so in the sun.

- Welcome back HF ...
- Talking of coming back, where is MoK, TC, oldog/oldtrix and a bunch of the other regulars? I know you are reading this ... you are missed
post #32087 of 37075
A four-in-hand knot with a spread collar shirt is one of the first pieces of SF consensus that I tried and liked - my first sip of the communal Kool-Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Not me, the SF consensus/groupthink. I will tie them myself from time to time. I even have proof.

There is nothing wrong with my knot, except the off center dimple, which I quite like and left intentionally.

Mike
post #32088 of 37075
Parking lot pimpin ....


From Saturday night .... thx to Mr. K for the sample felt flower ... i felt like a new man wearing it ... lol


more on the dark side
post #32089 of 37075
New Moon on Monday...



post #32090 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post
New Moon on Monday...

Stay safe in the Chi PA ... i hear a storm of epic proportions is coming your way.
post #32091 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
- oh come on dude ... stop commenting? ... its the internet FFS ... if you dont care about my opinion, you are 100% entitled to that ... but to tell me to stop commenting?
- use the ignore button ... or you can pull a jacob kozin and sue me for libel and defamation
- lol @ calling me bi-polar because i disagreed with your opinion on a knot. this is not high school ... we all dont have to agree and circle jerk 100% of the day. stop using the forum to prop your self esteem!!
- your opinions about me have been relayed to me by your sources ...lol


I had you on ignore, but ignore on SF blows. It still shows your post, just hides the text. It is worthless and really is just an enticement to take someone off of ignore.

Further, I don't come here looking for a circle-jerk, nor do I lack self-esteem. However, your commentary is often condescending and insulting when there really is no genuine reason for it...and this is not only commentary directed towards me, but towards others as well. I am not the only one to notice it, just maybe the only one with a big enough mouth to mention it in public.

The rest of that crap up there ^^^^^ is more HS than I can muster myself.

Mike
post #32092 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I like this, HF. Very classic.

Thanks. First day back, I can do classic. I'll get bored of it again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Plopped the hat on for the picture--no, I don't actually wear it indoors.

Leaning aside, looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
- Welcome back HF ...
- Talking of coming back, where is MoK, TC, oldog/oldtrix and a bunch of the other regulars? I know you are reading this ... you are missed

Thanks Nii. Agreed on the others!
post #32093 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
- lol @ calling me bi-polar because i disagreed with your opinion on a knot. this is not high school ... we all dont have to agree and circle jerk 100% of the day. stop using the forum to prop your self esteem!!

+1
post #32094 of 37075
I think it's possible to read niidawg's posts like that, but you have to remember that it's easy to misinterpret something written only in text. For what it's worth, I think he merely speaks in a familiar, joking style and I don't find it offensive. It read it like the way an older brother or close friend would speak. If anything, I prefer to see more criticism, less praise in this thread.
post #32095 of 37075

I like the shirt & tie combo. I, for one, like purple in its various hues. However, I would suggest trying a different color pocket square, perhaps something opposite the color wheel, and see if you like the outcome. It's harder to have a pocketsquare complement rather than match, but the result is generally much more interesting. See HF's example below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
After a gorgeous weekend, a rainy Monday ensues in Atlanta. Fresh from the tailors:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






The tie: I like the idea. See if you can find one in the same color, but less shiny. Also, have you thought about slimming the jacket sleeves? It's a simple procedure that takes OTR to a higher level. Of course, it should be said that first you'd have to start slimming your shirt sleeves as well, and then it's just $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Foggy Monday crappy office shots.

2 hours in traffic this morning, just lovely.

Mike



Fuller trousers look great on you. I especially like the shirt/tie. Great way to take the security guard look to a higher level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
Just a quick one ...


Nice collar roll. Glen plaids are always difficult to photograph well - if it's not hi-rez or a huge pic, it always looks distorted, at least on my screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
Back home from a couple of weeks or so in the sun.


Nice pieces all around. Good to see you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post


Classic look. You take what's best from the 50s and make it work for you. Well done. Small nitpick: dark brown shoes might be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
Parking lot pimpin ....


Nice colors, Nii. The tie = grenadine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post
New Moon on Monday...



Welcome to Central Industrial.
post #32096 of 37075
Welcome back HF... Im back in proper clothes tomorrow. Still digging out from the avalanche we had in NY.
post #32097 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post
Nice pieces all around. Good to see you back.

Thanks! Good to be back. Well, in suits and on SF, that is. Not so much back in the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Welcome back HF... Im back in proper clothes tomorrow. Still digging out from the avalanche we had in NY.

You must be feeling the same temperature shock as I am. At least it was bright and sunny today. I don't think I could have faced an overcast and cold day.
post #32098 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post
Classic look. You take what's best from the 50s and make it work for you. Well done. Small nitpick: dark brown shoes might be better.

Thanks. They actually are dark brown, they just didn't photograph well. Here's a better shot:

post #32099 of 37075
^^ Nice!
post #32100 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
I think it's possible to read niidawg's posts like that, but you have to remember that it's easy to misinterpret something written only in text. For what it's worth, I think he merely speaks in a familiar, joking style and I don't find it offensive. It read it like the way an older brother or close friend would speak.

If anything, I prefer to see more criticism, less praise in this thread.

Kent:

If you are comfortable with the type of criticism you receive, then I have no right to complain on your behalf.

Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II