or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2098  

post #31456 of 37075
Very warm in SD, so I'm bringing back some summer clothes.

Bespoke Optimo Fedora
JV jacket



post #31457 of 37075
Well, hopefully this picture won't offend too many people.. Although the tie certainly is not SF approved. I swear it doesn't look that bad under normal light.. But it certainly has some... interesting patterns. I tried photographing some of my other ties, and my darkish red knit tie comes out almost bright orange under my camera's flash... Anyways, hopefully the distance from the camera is far enough to get some accurate feedback on jacket fit. My arms are also in a more natural position compared to my last one. @Niidawg, I think it may have looked like there were pitch issues because of my stance, but I could be wrong.
post #31458 of 37075
post #31459 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post
Had to share this as gregaz brought up Blackberry:
http://videos2view.net/blackberry.htm
Excellent! I have a lot of friends who are going to enjoy seeing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndw View Post
I like the pant, coat, and tie combo, but I think the shirt detracts from it.
Agreed. I had doubts about the shirt when I put it on, and then I thoroughly regretted it after seeing the pix. Still wanted outside opinions, though, so I posted it anyway. Thanks for the critique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
Wow! I've gotten so accustomed to seeing you in a fedora that you look like a completely different person without it. Someone has a trademark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggyJeans View Post
Anyways, hopefully the distance from the camera is far enough to get some accurate feedback on jacket fit.
Jacket fit looks very good to me. Can't judge the length, though, without a full-body shot.
post #31460 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
Very warm in SD, so I'm bringing back some summer clothes.

Well, that was a bit more weird than some of your posts, Tibor. Want to try again?
post #31461 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggyJeans View Post


Well, hopefully this picture won't offend too many people.. Although the tie certainly is not SF approved. I swear it doesn't look that bad under normal light.. But it certainly has some... interesting patterns. I tried photographing some of my other ties, and my darkish red knit tie comes out almost bright orange under my camera's flash...

Anyways, hopefully the distance from the camera is far enough to get some accurate feedback on jacket fit. My arms are also in a more natural position compared to my last one.

@Niidawg, I think it may have looked like there were pitch issues because of my stance, but I could be wrong.

Shoot in natural light, not flashed. It makes a big difference.

Jacket fit looks good to me.

Please consult Threadbearer regarding ties.

Mike
post #31462 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Spoo has way toned down his approach over time. He is not seen sporting shiny ties that often. He has also toned down the accessories. I am not against shiny ties in general...I have some myself, including Charvet. Sometimes that is what a fit needs.

However, what I see often when I see your fits is just too much of a good thing. I am all about loud from time to time, but when you gild the Lilly to the point of excess, it cheapens the whole look and just makes you look somewhat anachronistic. It also is just somewhat overwhelming to look at. How about a muted tie, and standard spread shirt with barrel cuffs and let the suit do the talking? You have some nice stuff and I really think if you were more careful about choosing the individual elements, it would have a better overall result.

Mike

I did attempt to look in my shirt drawers (at least the more current rotation) for a standard spread shirt with barrel cuffs - the only ones that exist are constrast-collar shirts which I did not care for coordinating with today's suit, or were button collared shirts, which I do not wear with suits. (I was more than slightly bemused by this revelation.)

However, taking your criticisms to heart, and assuming that they were made with the best if intentions (and I do believe they were), I have "dialed it down" a bit today, though most likely in a manner which may not be to your taste. That remains to be seen.

Here goes nuthin' . . .









post #31463 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post


Tried the bowtie again. I think I am getting the hang of it now.

You might want to try to straighten out the knot just a bit. I am not one to fuss too much over my knots, but this one doesn't look too good.
post #31464 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
Really like the overcoat upr_crust and as a fan of hats I have to say yours suits you well. I think the paired back slightly more restrained look works very well, really shows the fit of your clothes off, well done and congratulations on taking criticism well. -TTO p.s. not sure of the green of the scarf, maybe navy?
post #31465 of 37075
post #31466 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post


This looks really good Tibor, well done..
post #31467 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
I did attempt to look in my shirt drawers (at least the more current rotation) for a standard spread shirt with barrel cuffs - the only ones that exist are constrast-collar shirts which I did not care for coordinating with today's suit, or were button collared shirts, which I do not wear with suits. (I was more than slightly bemused by this revelation.) However, taking your criticisms to heart, and assuming that they were made with the best if intentions (and I do believe they were), I have "dialed it down" a bit today, though most likely in a manner which may not be to your taste. That remains to be seen. Here goes nuthin' . . .
The collar of this shirt is great and deserved a longer knot instead of the windsor.
post #31468 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoBroadway View Post

Polo 3/2 roll 95% Wool/5% Cashmere, double pleated forward pleats

I like this very much, Nacho.
post #31469 of 37075
Thanks for the kind words. The overcoat is perfect for today in NYC - cold, with a chance of a bit of snow. The hat is one I found at my local discounter, made of the finest of microfibers, and waterproof - also excellent in inclement conditions (and a whopping $12 when purchased).

As for the green scarf, I chose it for the overcoat, not the outfit underneath - I have a solid navy of the same length, but like to vary it a bit (after all, I could wear a navy scarf virtually all the time), but your point is well taken.

As to Yizz's comment - glad that you like the collar of the shirt, but with spread collars, I prefer a knot that fills more of the space - a FIH, looks, IMHO, inadequate for the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post
Really like the overcoat upr_crust and as a fan of hats I have to say yours suits you well.
I think the paired back slightly more restrained look works very well, really shows the fit of your clothes off, well done and congratulations on taking criticism well.

-TTO

p.s. not sure of the green of the scarf, maybe navy?
post #31470 of 37075
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
I did attempt to look in my shirt drawers (at least the more current rotation) for a standard spread shirt with barrel cuffs - the only ones that exist are constrast-collar shirts which I did not care for coordinating with today's suit, or were button collared shirts, which I do not wear with suits. (I was more than slightly bemused by this revelation.)

However, taking your criticisms to heart, and assuming that they were made with the best if intentions (and I do believe they were), I have "dialed it down" a bit today, though most likely in a manner which may not be to your taste. That remains to be seen.

Here goes nuthin' . . .






Wonderful overcoat.

I would have tied a four in hand. I also think this would have been a homerun if you had gone with a tie from the blue family. However, I much prefer this toned down look from you.

And, yes, my criticism was given with the best intentions.

Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II