or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 2068  

post #31006 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post
Spring is coming...


I find this quite sharp.
post #31007 of 37070


post #31008 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post


Minor details:


Great SC, tie (maker?) and Barker Blacks...
post #31009 of 37070
Dressing in anticipation of the next bout of snow (arriving late this evening) - today's attire.











post #31010 of 37070
Upr,

Fantastic as always. You seem to have this knack for what I can describe only as banka-gangsta style. Banka because there's something classical and very conservative to the whole ensemble, gangsta because there's a subtle edge, a certain something that's just outrageous enough to give you a slight air of menace. Maybe it's the ring. Don't know.

But well done.
post #31011 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post
Those Arab-inspired scarves were all the rage among my middle schoolers two or three years ago. Are you trying to revive the fad, or did it just take that long to migrate into Canada?
Those are keffiyahs, and while they may have been popular with middle schoolers two years ago, they've been popular with Arab men for several hundred years. Personally, I think they're quite interesting. If it weren't for their overt association with certain political causes I'd wear one myself. BTW, American troops wear camo versions with the same houndstooth-like pattern.
post #31012 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post
Love the SC. Pants even look good sans cuff.

BLASPHEMY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post
[center]Spring is coming...

Wonderful pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazerac View Post
Those are keffiyahs, and while they may have been popular with middle schoolers two years ago, they've been popular with Arab men for several hundred years.

Personally, I think they're quite interesting. If it weren't for their overt association with certain political causes I'd wear one myself.

BTW, American troops wear camo versions with the same houndstooth-like pattern.

Yup, my kids don't wear em anymore, but i still wear mine, a black and white one. i'd love to get a hold of a camo one though!
post #31013 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post
Love the SC. Pants even look good sans cuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
BLASPHEMY!


I understand. This is only the second time I've seen cuff-less pants on the forum that didn't make me throw up.
post #31014 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post


^Love that SC with the navy tie and the light brown shoes are a great touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banis View Post


^Very nice. ALthough the coat looks just a little too long...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post
[/center]

^Wonderful. The solid brown tie with the textured coat is a great combo.
post #31015 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
Yup, my kids don't wear em anymore, but i still wear mine, a black and white one. i'd love to get a hold of a camo one though!

Did these really become a thing among students? I remember them being popular among young adults in NYC in the early 90's, then again in the early aughts during the brief protester-chic fad. Odd to hear they've been adopted by kids so many years later.

I think the digitial camo (the military's new gray urban camo) version would be very SW&D-approved.
post #31016 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
I'd love to get a hold of a camo one though!

You could probably find one on ebay.
post #31017 of 37070
"Banka-Gangsta"? That is one of the most amusingly complimentary things that I've heard said to me - ironic, as I am the last person on earth to be a gangsta, as such, but I get your meaing.

As for my "look", it's simply what I choose to wear on a given day, given the very wide latitude of attire that my current job affords me (a business casual office, and I'm in IT). It's much weirder for the general office aesthetic for anyone to be suited up than not, and as the office eccentric, I have some considerable license to wear whatever I want, hence the excesses that I post in this thread on a semi-regular basis.

Glad that you like it, in any case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazerac View Post
Upr,

Fantastic as always. You seem to have this knack for what I can describe only as banka-gangsta style. Banka because there's something classical and very conservative to the whole ensemble, gangsta because there's a subtle edge, a certain something that's just outrageous enough to give you a slight air of menace. Maybe it's the ring. Don't know.

But well done.
post #31018 of 37070
Another blustery one in Atlanta:
post #31019 of 37070
This is it for me for a bit... I'll be back with fits in a couple of weeks after holiday, but I'll be watching.. Play nice in the sandbox while I'm away lol
post #31020 of 37070
Picked another suit. Hope this one fits better.
Shoes are still the same ... Maybe I will buy some new this week.

Please tell me what you like or not.





New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II