or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II - Page 895  

post #13411 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattersall View Post
Do you share wardrobe tips with the doorman?

Requoted to say thanks again.

- B
post #13412 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperWestie View Post
Im thinking the sorrentos and the old linosas (sp?) look better on you than the steeds or MBT. Perhaps just a preference of cut.

It is probably that and also, based on what I have seen from your own style, the Borrelli numbers are my most casual (except for a few outlandish items...) jackets. They're in the least formal ensembles, including most of the rare times that I wear a jacket without a tie.

Watcha think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spertia View Post
Me, three.

Would love to see some photos of the house.

I realized on the last page that I shouldn't be so open about it. But, I hope that you won't mind being inducted into my informal Advisory by PM Group on restoration and renovation efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophe View Post
Congrats, Vox. Is the house in good shape or must you do some restoration?

The new place is quite habitable now because of a recent major restoration/renovation effort. Lovely, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophe View Post
Ed, your ties look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Fantastic tie.

Yes, Ed's new ties kick ass. The unlined Panta is the closest thing that I've handled to the unlined Rubinacci ties that you can see photographed on Tweed in the City. Some will love this; others, not. The lined Panta six-folds are the lightest lined six-folds I've seen.



- B
post #13413 of 37070
...
post #13414 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
It is probably that and also, based on what I have seen from your own style, the Borrelli numbers are my most casual (except for a few outlandish items...) jackets. They're in the least formal ensembles, including most of the rare times that I wear a jacket without a tie.

Watcha think?

- B

Probably right

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post

informal Advisory by PM Group on restoration and renovation efforts. - B

Hook me. I'm a R&R whore.
post #13415 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post

I realized on the last page that I shouldn't be so open about it. But, I hope that you won't mind being inducted into my informal Advisory by PM Group on restoration and renovation efforts.



The new place is quite habitable now because of a recent major restoration/renovation effort. Lovely, really. The current owners ran out of money, unfortunately, so we're hoping to get to the things that they missed.

We're going to concentrate on the landscaping first, I think, although I'm fixated on this idea of an open rooftop living room like in the Neutra/Kaufman house in Palm Springs because of the fantastic views.

The architects who did the restoration and updates are coming up from New York next week to meet with me. I'm really looking forward to hearing what they have in mind and what they had on their wish list.



- B

The house sounds very interesting, and like a fun project to follow. It would be great to be part of the group.
post #13416 of 37070
The two of you are very kind, so of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperWestie View Post
Hook me. I'm a R&R whore.

I can see it already.



We have to rule this out as not period appropriate. Unless we put it on the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
The house sounds very interesting, and like a fun project to follow. It would be great to be part of the group.

Thanks, JJ.


- B
post #13417 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
being inducted into my informal Advisory by PM Group on restoration and renovation efforts.
I would be interested in following this unless you intend to make Vox's House a regular broadcasted HGTV show :-)
post #13418 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post

We have to rule this out as not period appropriate. Unless we put it on the roof.


- B

Rule nothing out! I once saw a Moltani custom Wok range in a Marleybone flat. Go deep or go home.
post #13419 of 37070
Armani jacket
Brioni shirt
Globe cufflinks
LP jeans
Zegna belt
JB socks
ADP cologne
GP watch
post #13420 of 37070


We have to rule this out as not period appropriate. Unless we put it on the roof.

Aren't you going to have an AGA in your kitchen??

T
post #13421 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
The shoes have gemming;
- B

glad you survived.
post #13422 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2C2V View Post
I would be interested in following this unless you intend to make Vox's House a regular broadcasted HGTV show :-)

Why not? The more, the merrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperWestie View Post
Rule nothing out! I once saw a Moltani custom Wok range in a Marleybone flat. Go deep or go home.

They are daffy north of Oxford St.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshaw View Post

Aren't you going to have an AGA in your kitchen??

T

I could be mistaken, but I believe Modernism was a reaction against AGA stoves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
glad you survived.

Thank you. I walked softly today to avoid igniting a detonation.

Also: no squeaks.


- B
post #13423 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
If I touch a vegetable, it is likely to be already dead.


- B

I KNEWYOU WERE A FRUITARIAN...
post #13424 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
I KNEWYOU WERE A FRUITARIAN...

Well, virtually all archaeal groups as well as the deeply branching bacterial lineages contain a bifunctional fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) aldolase/phosphatase with both FBP aldolase and FBP phosphatase activity.

Right?


- B
post #13425 of 37070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
10oz Frisco®. Tie's too long. Oh well.

the cuffs are too high, the shoes are clownish, oh well
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II