or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Conan may be replaced by Leno
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Conan may be replaced by Leno - Page 7

post #91 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I thought I had read that there was no stipulation for the TIME of airing, so long as it's still branded as The Tonight Show?

This is what I heard as well.
post #92 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I thought I had read that there was no stipulation for the TIME of airing, so long as it's still branded as The Tonight Show?

That's what I read too. I seriously can't believe ABC would keep Kimmel and pass on Conan. That seems like a no brainer to me.
post #93 of 284
Double post...damn you SF lag.
post #94 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_dout View Post
That's what I read too. I seriously can't believe ABC would keep Kimmel and pass on Conan. That seems like a no brainer to me.


Maybe, unlike NBC, they actually have scruples and would prefer to work with and improve the person they have contracted for a job, rather than dumping him.
post #95 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
Leno doesn't need the money.
He might walk just to spite NBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagutcow View Post
It would be the gracious thing to do.

Owning 5000 cars costs money.

He'd be better off becoming a mechanic, re-selling Doritos, standing behind his wife's great literary pieces, or joining the cast of Jersey Shore.
post #96 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post
Maybe, unlike NBC, they actually have scruples and would prefer to work with and improve the person they have contracted for a job, rather than dumping him.

Ouch..

Sure, i can deal with Leno, but keeping Leno around and, effectively, preferring Leno over Conan by moving his slot to 11:30 is a slap to Conan.

Will the tonight show brand recover a year from now with leno reclaiming the 11:30 spot ? Probably. The management of the whole issue has been amateur at best. Conan signed a contract 6 years ago to take over the tonight show time slot, why the fuck would NBC want to lead into the new tonight show with the previous tonight show host ? Residual viewer ratings ? That made no sense and was a recipe for disaster from the jump.

Plain terrible and for the record, i hope conan goes to HBO. I'm sure his humor has been bottled up for years and would be even better on a late-night cable version.
post #97 of 284
I've always had a little sympathy for Jay, considering how much he's been jerked around, but this strikes me as inexcusable. You'd think he'd have some empathy for Conan.
post #98 of 284
This link:

http://tv.gawker.com/5445941/conan-o...n-and-ferguson

is a good summary of the commentary that the other late night hosts have made about the situation including video excerpts. Conan comments pretty bluntly about his situation, Dave is pretty harsh to Leno and Carson Daly, and even Craig Ferguson weighs in.

--Andre
post #99 of 284
Conan's bits and skits are absolutely god awful, but I find him hysterical in interviews. In fact I wish that format of shows would be like 90% interview as opposed to like 40% that it is now.
post #100 of 284
When this happens, I sure hope Conan gets picked up by another network and put on a show on the same slot and beat Leno's ass.
post #101 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post
Owning 5000 cars costs money.

He'd be better off becoming a mechanic, re-selling Doritos, standing behind his wife's great literary pieces, or joining the cast of Jersey Shore.

Or resuming his movie career. Collision Course was one of the finest movies of its time.
post #102 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
Leno doesn't need the money.
He might walk just to spite NBC.

In November he said in an interview that he would host the show at 11.35 again, if he was asked...

So I see no reason for him to walk. He gets his old job back and probably a hefty payraise...
post #103 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely World View Post
When this happens, I sure hope Conan gets picked up by another network and put on a show on the same slot and beat Leno's ass.
Well, we can hope but the fact still remains that the Tonight Show lost over 2 million viewers when Conan replaced Jay Leno.
post #104 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post
This link:

http://tv.gawker.com/5445941/conan-o...n-and-ferguson

is a good summary of the commentary that the other late night hosts have made about the situation including video excerpts. Conan comments pretty bluntly about his situation, Dave is pretty harsh to Leno and Carson Daly, and even Craig Ferguson weighs in.

--Andre

Craig Ferguson's opening monologue last night with his crocodile puppet is amazing. It's not in the link though, last I looked.
post #105 of 284
kimmel is really no less/more popular than conan with the populace at large.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Conan may be replaced by Leno